So, now that it's been almost a decade and the dust has settled:

So, now that it's been almost a decade and the dust has settled:

Which one has aged better?

le gabagool =)

I guess The Sopranos by default since The Wire was always intended to be somewhat topical.

ABSOLUTE GOD TIER:
MAD MEN, SOPRANOS
JUST A HAIR UNDER BUT STILL GOD TIER:
THE WIRE
THEN:
EVERYTHING ELSE
AHHHHH

>which one has aged better?

Well one show is literally about pagers so...

That implies that both of them seemed to be good at some point. The Sopranos was entertaining, The Wire was always laughable garbage. If you mean, 'which is less dated', then again it would be The Sopranos, because The Wire was made in that now-unreachably-ancient time when we didn't all know that the blacks were being kept in artificial serfdom by the Democratic Party.

Welfare fueled voting plantations.

The Sopranos is top tier tv, The Wire is a really good story with a good but simple purpose but it's not deep or intriguing or particularly well acted to be honest. I like both but the Wire isn't even a top 10 show, The Sopranos is at least top 5.

Go back to Sup Forums, retard.

>The Wire is a really good story with a good but simple purpose but it's not deep or intriguing or particularly well acted to be honest

Honestly, name one good actor or any scene with any depth to it in terms of cinematography or any sort of clever writing technique.
>inb4 chess scene

Sopranos. The Wire shits the bed in the last season.

I like Deadwood more than either though.

Literally kys, reddit cuck.

The last scene of Season 2 when Nicky is grasping the fence, contemplating everything that had just happened. Steve Earle's Feel Alright is playing, it cycles through a montage of decaying industry and infrastructure.

It's a great show. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way.

Really greys the brain matter

Perfectly put, thank you.

Not sure if this is really what you're asking but early Sopranos has lots of stuff like quite shitty side effects, particularly gun shots. I've always thought the wire was really good at that kind of realism which I think helps it to not look dated. I fucking love them both equally though.

Every bit of this site is ours.

*sound effects

That's on the intellectual level of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire.

>mad men

Le Gabagool seems to win here by a landslide when compared to Le Wire.

How come Sup Forums finds The Wire this much more overrated and flawed? After all, it is "widely" considered as one of the best series of all time.

No epic memes and too mainstream.

Sup Forums use to love The Wire and put it at the same level of Sopranos but after the Sup Forums invasion they hate it because the majority of characters are black

Both have aged greatly. Against all of the shit HBO and other networks produce these days, both of those shows just shine brighter and brighter.

>MAD MEN, SOPRANOS

>Deadwood

Mah nigga

No, The Wire has always been the pleb's first favorite show.

sopranos

Objective ratings for modern TV drama:

The Holy Trinity
>Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad

Great
>Oz, The Leftovers, Friday Night Lights, Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica

Important enough to check out
>Rome, The Shield, The West Wing, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 24

Shit
>LOST, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad

I've watched over thousands of television shows so my experience gives me better taste than all of you.

the wire blows shitpranos out of the water

>holy trinity
>4 movies
huehue

Where would Carnivale or Rectify be on your list?

Switch Lost and Mad Men

Rectify is great. Carnivale is Important enough to check out.

I don't understand the appeal of the Sopranos. It's well-done I suppose, but just left me with a 'meh' feeling. In contrast, The Wire is compulsively watchable.

>Carnivale is Important enough to check out.

Well, important isn't the right word. It's not important at all. I just used that word because I focused on the bigger shows. But it's in the same level as those shows I mean.

>BrBa above leftovers
>not having individual tiers for certain seasons, i.e., game of thrones season 1 should be in great tier but anything after in shit.

>GOAT show carnivale is as good as \24 or buffy
this board needs a cleansing

Good to see you like Rectify, I would say Carnivale is pretty important considering it helped shaped modern HBO the way it did in that it became common for it now to spend lavish amounts of money on single episodes when ironically Carnivale was airing it nearly went under, or I'm remembering things wrong, because it was getting too expensive to film. What about The Young Pope?

>>not having individual tiers for certain seasons, i.e., game of thrones season 1 should be in great tier but anything after in shit.

The television show is a complete object and must be treated as such. Yeah GoT and Leftovers aren't finished yet, but there's enough of it to make an accurate judgement.

Sorry, I enjoyed the show a lot, but objectively I must rate it in with that category. It's very good, but just doesn't come close to The Holy Trinity or the Greats at all. Still better than 90% of shows.

>What about The Young Pope?

Haven't seen enough of it yet to judge. Ask later.