youtube.com/watch?v=3faFiQzl0ws
youtube.com/watch?v=rurYdqCIoFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and ill post a bit of bluegrass to start the thread off
youtube.com/watch?v=RloKjS8UHDw
youtube.com/watch?v=1tyyCIjlPTM
youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o
youtube.com/watch?v=XA4lsKoVxQM

i've been binging the bobbie gentry discography mostly because of the recent Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast. good stuff. i had thought she was a 1 album wonder. so far pic related is my favorite.

never heard of her, checking it out right now though
pretty cool sound, kind of soulful

she's the "ode to billie joe" lady. check out the podcast if you want her whole backstory. interesting woman who's still out there somewhere, roaming the earth, apparently.

thanks dude, I've never really gotten into podcasts but this actually looks like an interesting one, I'll definitely check it out

oh its new. it'll probably look a lot different a year from now. tyler's figuring it out as he goes, like otis gibbs did with his podcast (thanks for giving a damn) another great roots music podcast. tyler's the son of country iconoclast david allan coe, so he knows his stuff. i expect that the first thing to change will be the podcast name. chris shiflett of the foo fighters also does a country music podcast, interviewing alt country artists like jason isbell and sturgill simpson. check that one out too. i like to wind down in bed to them or just whenever i'm burnt out on albums like margo price says when she's on the road, her and her band will switch to a podcast.

added 2 albums to my alt country favorites of 2017 list today. the jake la botz and the bela fleck/abigail washburn collab. recomended.
youtube.com/watch?v=3faFiQzl0ws
youtube.com/watch?v=rurYdqCIoFE

also added some more classic country to my mom's new sd card. 64 GB's of music. it's my christmas present to her. i've spent a little bit of time everyday for the past 3 months tagging and adding albums. time consuming to be sure but she'll like it. i know it.

That's a nice present dude.
Ever listened to Bela fleck's drive? That's a classic one for bluegrass

fyi: the FTB podcast have uploaded their AOTY episodes and their christmas episode

i'm not as familiar with bela fleck as i should be. give me some albums to check out and i'll get on it. i'm going to use the jan-march lull in new releases to catch up on stuff like that. i was hoping to spend this week catching upo on this year's jazz releases but that didn't happen. maybe next week. actually i've been gravitating toward old country albumsw. not sure why. they're just so damn comfy idk.

I'll be honest I haven't really delved into Bela fleck's either but Drive is a really good instrumental bluegrass album.

also if you want christmas music to soundtrack your family get-togethers siriusxm's outlaw country channel has you covered. so does willie nelson's roadhouse channel.

ill start with that one then.
if it's good i'll add it to my mom's sd card. i have 4 more pesky GB's to fill and i need recs.
i hope she doesn't have anything against david allan coe.

I should hope not so long as you keep his underground album off of there

Americana AOTYs?

AOTY is stupid, just listen to what you want and be happy

idk the man's said a lot of crazy shit. i just don't want her scrolling down to one of his albums and telling me delete it because of some dumb thing he said or did.

Yeah I like him a lot personally but a guy like that is definitely a hit or miss character

take your pick. everyone has an opinion.

apparently little richard has a version of rock island line. god bless johnny knoxville for playing this randomly while doing a show about lightnin' hopkins.