Say one bad thing about their music you bigots

Old school Sup Forums waifus. The Con and Sainthood are great albums. I can’t get into their new synthpop shit. Saw them during the con x tour and I’ve never seen so many lesbians in my life. But whatever the show was great, I really wish they’d go back to their indie rock sound or just go acoustic completely.

They're Canadian

They have several albums that are 8/10 or better which elevates them above most Sup Forumscore bullshit.

their last album was fucking garbage

Their entire catalog is hipster trash.

No it isn't.

do you think they bang each other

it's boring

I'd approximate they have about four boring songs, so this isn't right either.

leaf

There's enough cringey fan fiction in this world

this is a legit 10/10 breakup album

Yeah basically. Did you see any of the shows this year? They did great stuff with updating this album's sound and giving background on the origins of the album.

I saw them on their last night of the tour and unfortunately Tegan's voice was out so Sara did all the vocals which made it interesting, but damn I really love Tegan's voice so I was kinda bummed when they announced she couldn't sing. Still had a good time though.

they only have about 4 decent songs

That's good. I loved that artwork and the lighting at my show. They played a really weird version of "Living Room" which surprised the hell out of me. And Sara did a solo piano rendition of that song they did earlier this year with whatshisname.

Sucks Tegan didn't do much singing. IIRC, Sara stole the last verse to "The Con" at my show too. That's some foreshadowing shit.

Not the biggest fan of their latest album. But So Jealous - Heartthrob is good shit.

You guys like their early stuff? like trees?

Their first album is hit or miss, mostly because the production is unfocused and messy. But "Trees" and "Divided" are still solid tracks that they frequently play live to this day. This Business of Art was much better and makes Under Feet Like Ours feel like a demo record by comparison, especially considering half the album consists of remakes of those songs. All of Tegan's stuff on TBoA is great. "Frozen", "My Number", and this album's version of "Superstar" are all sprawling folk rock songs with wit and energy. And I woke up to that weird electronic warble of "The First" every day for two months; it's got one of their best hooks, really.

Yeah, I like Love You 2 Death more than Heartthrob overall, but it doesn't have the highs Heartthrob does. Still a favourite of last year though.

Their lyrics SUCK