Asian film discussion

So we went from Hong Kong Kino to Japan animated Kino to Korean Kino.

What will be next?
Taiwan Kino?
Thailand Kino?
I have no hope for Mainland Kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1708
kissanime.to/Anime/Kimi-no-Na-wa/Movie?id=129840
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Indonesian Kino

Directed by a Welshman though.

Leave taiwan kino to me.

>Sup Forums asian film discussion
>literally nothing but korean crime drama and martial arts

fucking plebs lmfao

Good cultural exchange

what movies famm?

I thought all Asian Kino fans knew these already

A Better Tommorow
Perfect Blue
Oasis

Is this the best action movie ever!?

mainland could be kino as long as they work with hong kong

Hong Kong movies are terrible now.

true
i cant believe its been more than a decade since hero came out

There's a longer cut of that. Around 10 minutes or more. movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1708

man. total forgot oasis existed

great flick btw

That's not even a Hong Kong movie.

hong kong helped produce it

Well shit.
What has Mainland actually made?

Legend of Ricki

Its there

>Asian film discussion
CHING CHONG PING PONG

black coal, thin ice/daylight fireworks

1 is better

No one here watches anything unfortunately

I swear not a single westerner can appreciate this masterpiece

this is a taiwanese movie tho

Is there a 1080p quality for Your Name/Kimi no Na wa anywhere?

you poor fuck. if you wanna watch a movie, buy it

Hipster

I watched this Koreakino the other day. It was pretty good.

It's still in theatres. There's no video release.

Indian Kino?

HNNNNNNNNGGG

I love 80's-90's cinematography

SOMEONE RECOMMEND ME SOME YAKUZA KINO PLEASE

Battles Without Honor and Humanity

I watched this for Doona Bae thinking it would be bad but it turned out to be good.

In the Mood For Love is a good film by Wong Kar-Wai.

It makes me feel emotions and stuff.

What did everyone else think about it?

Thanks bby ;)

Kill yourself retard
Yeah it's truly amazing, none of his films come even close to it, so captivating despite having that uncertainty vibe to it, but I think the charm goes from there, it's on elusiveness keeps you hooked through the whole film and the music and use of color is just so magnificent, one of my favorites, also the Blu Ray looks amazing but seeing it in theaters really made me love it forever.

You didn't think Chungking Mansions came close?

I thought ITMFL was his best also, but some of the shots in this and the feeling of loneliness he's able to convey are really spot on.

Oh sorry if it sounded like I don't like anything else from WKW, Chunking Express is beautiful too, I also have a lot of love for Fallen Angels, but I think (although I couldn't sit through it some years ago) that Happy Together would rank as my second favorite from him, I admit I had some prejudges against it and I had decided that I wouldn't like it, and it was that way for a while, but when I finally decided to watch it, I was totally immersed, it's a gorgeous representation of isolation and love, just great portrayal of human emotions paired with subtle camerawork that I just loved through and through.

The feeling of loneliness you're describing in Chunking reminded me a lot of Vitti in Red Desert, both great films!

context?

psychopath had enough of these kids and wants to kill them just for shits and giggles

it is underappreciated in asia too, I haven't met a single person who knew about it.

Asian films have mostly gone to shit like Hollywood movies

kissanime.to/Anime/Kimi-no-Na-wa/Movie?id=129840

How about the best exorcism movie since the original Exorcist ?

this

I remember seeing one good mainland movie, and it's because it had a Hong Kong director

I honestly don't know why this made me chuckle

Outrage

>tfw no more annoyingly young and smug Chow Yun fat to massacre everyone in a heroic bloodbath and die at the end amid manly tears

Farewell my concubine

Raise the red lantern

was just about that

>tfw you will never attend a fucked up japanese school

also its ost was kino

Taiwan kino (Taiwanese new wave ) already happened in 1990s and early 2000s.It was led by some of the best filmmakers of the last few decades like Edward Yang , Hou Hsiao Hsien and Tsai Ming Liang .TNW produced one the best films of this century - Yi Yi.

I still really enjoy this, kino or not.

This is underrated. As good as the first

shaky cam

I only like the last 1/3 of chungking

the OG faggot film

Watched this recently and god dam was I disappointed. It's not that I don't mind movies taking turns and going places I can't see coming, but this felt pretty dumb, edgy and try hard. It's sad to because It has some great ideas, scenes, and characters.

>The Dark Knight of action movies

I bought this on blur ray randomly before I actually started watching korean films. It's nothing but two people awkwardly fucking all the time. One of the rare films I turned off before it finished.

How far into it did you get? It devolves into her becoming an edgy psychopath in about 5 min and killing her whole family.

This was fucking great imo. Still waiting for a 1080p version

Where to get this in good quality?

Korean Kino best kino
prove me wrong
Also,
>no Japanese Kino
>Akira Kurosawa
>Yasujiro Ozu

I can't remember but I watched at least an hour. It was cheap and I grabbed it along with a couple other random films based on the cover without caring. It wasn't what I was expecting at all lel.

Who /assassinationclassroom/ here?
Watched it on a plane, shit was weird and campy af

It will be Korea Kino for a couple more decades since the Communist Party elites in Mainland China seem to have no interest in loosening the media censorship there.

More like Chinkino

ever culture has it's Twilight saga

Don't forget the foot fetish

>I have no hope for Mainland
But one of the best filmmakers alive is Chinese

I reluctantly opened this thread in hopes of maybe finding a post or two worth a damn, unfortunately, you're so useless you cannot even do just that. You filthy casual normalfags make me want to kill myself. I could find more patrician kinography in the first row of my local rent store.

You are so pleb, you were watching an capeshit movie at the theater and asked "where is the console?" You are so pleb someone asked you if you enjoyed the film and you answered "yes but the graphics were painful to watch".

Enemies of cinema, the plenty of you I bet you also watch BLACKED you cucks.

i would rather watch this than capshit any day

you sure got him good tiger ;^)

it's like a high school production with middle school level cgi

I know, but it's just so good.

what bugs me the most is actually that party plastic gold tiara

What a shit country

How can one country be so ugly except for the east coast? Worst architecture I've seen and I've been to Mongolia.

half the scenes are black background with japanese text messages overlayed

get out of here with that bullshit, I want to watch a film not text on screen with keyboard typing sounds as background

>Korean Kino best kino
It's really not.
Seen over 100 Korean flicks now and it clearly peaked in the early 2000's after the last period of censorship ended. It was a great fusion of Hong Kong action and gritty low-key Japanese realism for a while, but now it's all just Hollywood inspired garbage with a male model protagonist who flicks his fringe around.

The Black Triad Trilogy.
Super underrated yakuza kino.
Also any yakuza movie that Based Kitano is in, whether acting or directing, automatically turns into kino.

Triad, Yakuza, pick one

i would if it were shown in a theater near me

Best Triad kino is Election 1 and 2. Not that I have seen many but these were pretty great.

bump

They're a series of yakuza films by Miike. Your guess is as good as mine as to why he named them that.

Like I said to the other user, they're yakuza films. But on the subject of triads you picked two great ones to start with.
Try Infernal Affairs next if you're interested in more triad kino.

bump