Music artist is described as being similar to Capatain Beefheart

>Music artist is described as being similar to Capatain Beefheart
>"Cool. I love early blues, jazz, and psychedelic rock"
>Genre: punk
>mfw

genres do not exist

This, literally everything sounds the same to me

There is only one genre: Music

Beefheart influenced more avant garde punk and post punk because no one can just emulate that sound. Only act that did it well I know of is Old Time Relijun

COOL but it's not punk. At all.

wrong bitch

The Residents are my favourite punk rock music band

IT'S actually avant-garage-punk

you know garage is related to house, they're connected

Not all punk is screaming and 45 second jizz sessions

you dont get around that part of the block much do you

It's crazy just how incrementally all music and other styles develop. Theorists talk about ruptures but it's really not that true. Every single development is very much very closely building from previous things. Even refutations and reactions follow very closely and logically (creative-logically) behind something else. Not that these steps are easy to happen upon. Even avant-gard music and rave genres were obviously very incrementally building from previous things.

Yeah a lot of early punk sounds close to like a less druggy take on kraut rock.

Pere Ubu is great though

Pere Ubu are avant-garage, tho.

Yes, The Money Store is literally Abbey Road

>literally any artist with any slightly avant garde sensibility
>described as being similar to captain beefheart

>punk is shit
>Beefshart is shit
Works for me.

>When you have trash tastes
"Hide post" Works for me

listen to Rustic Hinge then

Describing music as "similar to Captain Beefheart" is more of a comparison to the composition philosophy of Don's music than the stylistic format. is a good response in saying that Don's music wasn't an influence in terms of people replicating his sound, but an influence in how people approach composing and performing.

>auuh I can't play my instrument or sing and my complaints are entirely devoid of ideology and intellect but I'm young and full of vague complaaints

>Auuh im a country/classicrock/shoegaze/pop/insert75%ofallgenerashere artist, and my fucking music sounds exactly the same as any other artist's

Find someone else to troll, nobody cares that you cant appreciate something different

Holy shit, It just now hit me that you just said "devoid of ideology" while talking about punk.

That was a good fucking laugh, thanks user, I needed that this morning

Sorry bruh, not a single genre there to my liking. Try again.
"Fuck the system" is not an ideology.

Im a hungry fish, so ill bite.

If you had more than 3 braincells, you might be able to figure out that trashy shit like pennywise, fuckin greenday (not really punk but whatever) is the surface trash for people who cant form their own opinions.

Anything by the Dead Kennedy's, Bad Brains (I against I especially) the Adolescents, Agent Orange, The fucking Clash, Ramones, Iggy pop, the stooges just to name a few, all have varying ideologies, and instead of every song being "fuck the system" every song is a separate idea, some even contradicting each other. And yeah, some older shit (The Sex Pistols in particular) might have a really strong "Fuck the system" type of thing going on, but if you think about the time period and what was going on you might be able to understand why, but i assume thats asking alot of you.

Your probably one of those cunts who cant even appreciate something they don't like, who cant see beyond their own interests, and the fact that the very things they dislike probably solely shaped the music they like now.

But let me guess, you listen to Death Grips, and Exmilitary is the single best album ever produced?