Vinyl Bread

I ordered a fan copy and the trash press versions of Polygondwanaland. I am ecstatic

Any new pickups Sup Forums?

trash?

I just started collecting vinyls this year, how am I doing so far?

The label only made 1000 prssings of this album and they did it with scrap leftover vinyl bits

I want to get into the vinyl, Sup Forums.

Which turntable should I get though? I have it narrowed down to between four of them. Sony HX500, Denon 300F, pro-ject Debut Carbon or U-turn Orbit?

Sharp RP-117 or else its literal shit

well you got fucking had bro, three of those are cassettes

Post yours

>vinyls

Thery're called records or LPs.
Seriously. People will mock you if you say vinyls.

yeah i picked up the cassettes when I saw milo live, that's also when i got the record signed, but i figured since this was a vinyl thread i would just ignore the fact i had them in the pic

yeah my bad, it's like 3 am. i didnt realize what i had typed

well regardless of not knowing the difference between records and cassettes you should shut the fuck up about wondering "how you're doing". if you have to ask that you're doing fucking bad, and I already knew this because none of those records are recognizable

I fucking wish.

are you seriously implying that i dont know the difference between a record and a cassette? are you literally retarded? also, like i previously stated, I just started collecting this year, 2 of these albums (neo wax bloom & who told you to think) were released this year and the other (thumbs) was released in 2015 but what i have is the 2017 pressing of it. which would be why you dont recognize them because you clearly live under a rock or something. When wtytt and nwb came out this year, they were all over this board. And i asked "how am i doing" because i wanted to know what other peoples thoughts were, specifically people who are familiar with these records / artist and if they think these were worth while grabs or not. you fucking ignoramus

>WORRY.
>More Songs About Buildings And Food (canada first press)
>Centipede Hz w/ the DVD
>808s & Heartbreak
>Listening to any of Busdriver's post-Temporary Forever work
disgusting desu

dude, thumbs is a really good album.

Just got these in the mail

>regardless of not knowing the difference between records and cassettes
Holy fucking shit you can't read
>none of those records are recognizable
Holy fucking shit you're new

I bought Violent Sleep of Reason by Meshuggah off their label's site when they were having a black friday sale, and the YOB reissue of Great Cessation the day they were announced. I managed to grab one of the purple and gold copies of the YOB record, which is going for a lot on discogs now, but I'm not into flipping shit.

Both arrived on the same day which was very nice :)

Last record I bought was a Banzai Records press of Ride the Lightning I think, back in October. I'm expecting to be getting a few LPs for Christmas this year, so I'm excited.

Last few I got were:
Selected Ambient Works 85-92 by Aphex Twin (Christmas gift from a friend)
Killer On A Rampage by Eddie Grant (thrift store find)
Nocturnal by Black Dahlia Murder (of /200 repress, ordered back in October and just got in the mail recently)
Requiem by GOAT (Took a gamble on this since it was on for 10$ on Amazon. Has anyone heard it?)

Well if you don't have one, tell me what trash turntable you do have so I can avoid being a tasteless pleb like you.

Wasn't gonna bother with this one but I saw it in a friend's collection and got jealous. This album WAS high-school for me.

Why the fuck did that post upside-down

It's a weird Sup Forums scaling thing. Usually it'll flip pictures that were taken on a phone.

bump

Where do you guys have luck finding records in non conventional places?

This antiques mall I go to has a small bin of collectible classic rock records in the back, which is unexpected because they have a 99 cent revolving rack of cheap LPs at the front.
Also garage sales.

Do cool people never die? I've only found really good shit at Goodwill only once or twice. Do they have dedicated LP unload day?
Please help me make my Goodwill digging less of a Minecraft type grind

>Do cool people never die?
"Yes."

The problem is with good music people don't just dump it off at good will, they know to at least try eBay, but also yeah, cool people never die literally and figuratively

I ordered Blood Music's Poly in transparent red and Needlejuice Poly in Crumbling Polycolour. Neither has shipped yet.

>not even recognizing who told you to think
Have you been here before, user

Early Christmas present. I'd be very surprised if anyone else on this board even knows what this is.

>trash pressing
But why would you do this?

bump