Americans and Brits

I want to move to the USA or UK (will probably not stay there for the rest of my life tho) in maybe a year, depends if I fail my job-college education, for job opportunities, training english skills and because I'm an america/angloboo.
I'm more of a social person so it wouldn't really make sense for me if I go to a country where I'm an instant social outcast.
So the question is: how are germans seen by the younger adults in these two countries?
I have a decent character and a good enough sense of humor (can handle and make banter, don't whine about nazi jokes etc), I'm pretty polite and don't really have a strong accent.
Would it be easy to get friends in these countries or would I get instantly rejected?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are overthinking it and I can't blame you because Sup Forums is a horrible source of info. I am pretty sure people will be curious and friendly and you will be fine. Remember, this is real life not Sup Forums memes

>don't whine about nazi jokes etc
No fun, stay in Germany.

>how are germans seen by the younger adults in these two countries?
Depending on how thick your accent is, people may not even ask. Most Americans are too stupid/busy to take time out of their day to harass you.

>Would it be easy to get friends in these countries or would I get instantly rejected?
Depends how hard you try, if you work somewhere with other young people it will be easy. If you try to meet people at a bar or somewhere in public, you should expect a different relationship.

Nationality means jack here here. The smallish town I'm from, if you were somebody foreign who newly arrived you'd stick out a bit. But that's only in the kind of town where everyone has known eachother since they were kids.

In the uni town I'm in now, Bournemouth, you would fit in perfectly, international people are the norm.

However I would not recommend coming here. Everyone is miserable and boring, I would characterize this county as grey. You may enjoy it here, who's to say, but from living here my whole life its nothing amazing. The international people I've met have been the best people I've known, the native brits are amazingly boring and terrible people in comparison. British people are just terrible.

>Bournemouth

>No fun
Explain please?

Also have pretty much no accent.

Hey Freund.

I live in South Carolina. We have a large BMW plant that most attribute their jobs to, we all love Aldi's, and just got a Lindl's, the first in the US apparently. Everyone loves Germans here.

Also, other than the economic reasons, literally no one has had interaction with them so you'd be starting with a clean slate.

I'm just kidding lol. No one will make Nazi jokes, not directed at you. Maybe a joke about how so and so is acting like a Nazi. Most people will be curious and of course ask 'can you talk about ____ in Germany?'

Should be easy to blend in, just take note of the jargon. Get a pair of Tony Hawk flip flops for summer and NorthFace for the winter and you should pass.

Nice, dankeschön.
Also thanks for mentioning the state. That gives me a better picture.

Thanks.

You could easily work in car factory. They are super bright and lively and full of chattering people. They pay you well and are obligated to pay for your medical expenses.

Kein Problem.

If you have any questions about the area let me know.

Thanks for the advice. Will keep in mind.

Also, would it look odd if I wear leather boots? You know kinda like cowboy boots but not that fancy designed.
I wear them sometimes.

>I'm more of a social person
you would prefer America
>good sense of humour
hmmm doubt

Depends. Are you a German, or a German(Turk)? If you are a real German then you'll be treated fine.

No one cares. Unless you want to move to bumbfuck nowhere, no one gives a shit where you come from. Where I live there are Portuguese, poles, italians, russians, Vietnamese, Chinese, mexicans, guatemalans, etc. One more foreigner isn't going to make a difference, that is the thing about the usa. At most, you will be a curiosity for one day.

Most people have probably never met a German and wouldn't know where to start

>would it look odd if I wear leather boots? You know kinda like cowboy boots but not that fancy designed.
Like a military style boot with laces or a slip on boot? In winter yes, by November anything goes.

like any meeting any foreigner.

I don't know if I can speak for the UK and America, but here and in Australia people will not see you as any different to any other Northern or Western European. The Dutch, Scandis, Germans and French are all lumped together, and nobody holds any resentment towards you for your past. Provided you're sociable, you can easily make friends here. Yes, you'll be seen as a foreigner, but as a good one (Literally nobody minds Europeans).

This board has a weird Germanophobia that isn't remotely representative of anything in real life.

Oh ignore my flag. I'm a Kiwi on holiday.

>chile

Out of all the places to waste your money, chile would be the last place in my mind.

Are you trying to summon an Aussie? Its too early ;)

usual german stereotypes apply here too

Good enough sense of humor to not start autistic screeching as soon as someone makes a joke about the war and not taking banter seriously.
I don't know if my personal humor is good but I find it funny. Whatever.

you really are overthinking it.

you must go to America, we're full I'm afraid

As long as youre white we love Germans

>Its too early

Um..it's 10:50 AM sweetie :)

If you're moving out of germany , at least come to the new world. Go to the US m8

We all have our flaws.

Sorry, you'll never get in. Visa systems or whatever are just designed against you.

it is not a flaw, just don't overthink it.

These here, but mine look more used

you seem to be getting triggered about nazi jokes before anyone has even made one lmao

I saw a mexican wearing cowboy boots with an american flag all over them with a cowboy hat, you have nothing to worry about, specially about shoes.

Is heat and skin cancer really a problem in Australia?

In winter and fall yes, with long pants. You will need a pair of plain jeans or levis or whatever if you dont want to look like Motley Crue.

You have bigger things to worry about.

I'm not aryan übermensch white but I'm not really tanned either.
Friends and mother always said I look french. Don't even know what that means.

>No one will make Nazi jokes, not directed at you
How can you be this naive about your own countrymen?

and in The US
wear sun block

Well I just like to think about the worst scenario before it happens. Helped me a lot of times.

Yes. You will get badly sunburnt if you don't wear sunscreen.

we don't want hitlers devil spawn in our country anyway

no one here will care that you're german if you are asking about that. If i was you i would first plan trips here or the UK and stay there for awhile before permanently moving. Where in the US are you talking about?

Seems like I've failed to get the humor license, eh?

>humor
fuck off yank

There's a VW plant in Chattanooga. I've interacted with several Germans here. Of course it sounds like you want to get away from the Germans so maybe that's not ideal. New Hampshire is another good area.

Most young people are leftists who look up to Germany as one of those heavenly European countries which are more highly evolved. You can talk about how uncivilized the US is and people will love you for validating their political views.

There are lots of conservatives though, especially outside the big cities. It'll be easy to befriend these people if you don't dress like a Eurofaggot and express interest in upholding the 2nd amendment.

Don't call me austrian pls

We do :3

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

I was friends with the one German kid in our grade. I always teased him and drew swastikas on his papers. Since you're an adult, I doubt you'll have to worry about girls drawing swastikas on your homework, but you will probably hear German jokes from your American friends (should you make any during your stay here). These jokes are all in good fun, though; for the most part Americans like Germans and their culture.

>twf no girls are drawing swastikas on my... anything

I used to draw swastikas everywhere when I was an edgy schoolkid.
Our teacher then always told me that it was not accurate (because I drew it the other way around) and then the whole class laughed about me.
Tbf the same teacher also told us how to cut ourselves in the most effective way.
God she was a cunt.

>Tbf the same teacher also told us how to cut ourselves in the most effective way.
>God she was a cunt.

>Be me in stupid biology class during heart analysis
>everyone has scalpels and other knives
>Chads attention syndrome kicks in
>"haha look at me guis I'm killing myself like an emo lmao"
>Teacher comes in
>"if you want to kill yourself properly mr.chad then you will have to cut your arm vertically"
>[laughter stops]

She was like a rule 63 Snape