Why hip-hop has become so good lately went not so many years ago was shit?

why hip-hop has become so good lately went not so many years ago was shit?

actually, is the opposite of what you just said

you are correct

The stuff that's popular now will be forgotten just as fast as the stuff that was popular a few years ago no one remembers.

It hasn't, you've just been convinced of that

They formed in the same small city just a few months after this came out. Were they fans?

recently, hip hop has attracted more of a white audience, and as a result, more “white friendly” hip hop has been successful

Plus more white people tend to be experimental

Hip Hop is garbage now besides from a few artists. The genre peaked late 90s/early 2000s.

don't forget nostalgic factors, bro

can u guys post some shit belonging in this "lately so great", besindes brockhampton

no, its actually peaking right now. it is at its highest popularity, its been made highly accrssible, its shoved down rveryones throats, and there are tons and tons and tons of people making it roght now. hip hop is the new rock unfortunately. the older stuff was good and the current stuff is shit but thats just how it be. of course there are always the occasional diamonds in the rough though.

Obviously I meant it peaked in quality.

You could put this down to a culture thing actually if you went full autism. Hip hop kind of originated in black poor communities, and continues to thrive there so it makes sense the people coming from those backgrounds will make safe, money making music to get out of there. Idk. It's not a guarantee though obviously.
Seems like it could be legit.

joba dom and kevin carry the deadweight of other bh members

joba has the most annoying voice and makes every brockhampton song that was already bad, worse

Kendrick, Kanye, Vince Staples, Freddie Gibbs, Run the Jewels, Danny Brown, Death Grips

Political correctness. But as music is still megashit

It's because it's become cool to like hip hop all of a sudden, you can claim to like it without losing any of your hipster cred

haha

Recently got into Hip-Hop through Yeezus/Death Grips and any time I come back to the ppl's favorites from the 90's (36 chambers, Cuban Linx, NWA) they sound so barren to me. I understand that back then the lyrical content was much higher and it was more authentic, but god, the production and the flow of the album just doesn't hold up to modern stuff, with the exception of OutKast, Illmatic and maaaybe ATCQ.

is everyone in brockhampton a fag or just that one guy who thinks saying "i'm gay" every 5 seconds makes him quirky

open mike eagle, busdriver, milo, oddisee, BONES, underachievers, aesop rock, antwon, denzel curry

It’s called minimalism.

Wew

if you had time to type wew solve the captcha and post you could've taken an extra 3 seconds to answer the question

>minimalism