Do you have to be a fucking idiot to consider this flick "funny" or "entertaining"?

Do you have to be a fucking idiot to consider this flick "funny" or "entertaining"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qS7ju40bvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off.

>trying this hard
Learn to laugh or learn to be quiet. Christ, Sup Forums isn't your buddies for you to shit out your differing opinions in hopes of feeling welcome.

I consider it both. I tell people it's "funnytertaining". On the bus mostly.

Life of Brian is better. Holy Grail has more memes

No, you have to have taste

Life of Brian might be more well-made but holy grail feels more quintessentially python imo.

Thankyou for taking my words from the other shitty thread you made

This is one of the only funny movies along with hot fuzz and life of brian

Better than any comedy movie than any countrÅ· has made ever.

>HAHA IM HATING ON MONTY PYTHON DO I FIT IN YET???

Its garbage though

Yes.

Sound mixing in LoB is pretty atrocious
I know that's not what you mean, just putting it out there

Oh look another underage poster. You realize this film is 40 years old right? There's literally no way someone from your generation could understand the cultural context or significance of the film. Go back to your smartphones and instagram you moron.

Mel Brooks movies are from the same era and have a similar comedic style but for some reason his movies work for me and Monty Python's never did. Humor is a funny thing that way.

Always been same.

Some get "it".

Some don't.

Younger people are past it now just like we were past the Marx brothers.

Even though we can still see the humour it is harder to feel it as time goes on.

But if female ghostbusters is the millennials new go to for fun then I hope to die soon.

1. explain why. "It's garbage" is not an argument
2. name your top 3 comedies

I don't know why some things make me laugh and other things do not, that would require deep psychological reflection. I don't necessarily think Monty Python is garbage, I respect some of their work, it just does nothing for me.

Off the top of my head I'd say The Producers, Take the Money and Run and Lubitsch's To Be Or Not To Be are my top three comedies.

The Goon Show > Monty Python

youtube.com/watch?v=7qS7ju40bvE

>Films americans never will understand

Mel Brooks is a lot easier to comprehend, the jokes are more "in your face".

English humour is much more subtile, and they make a lot of references that are now obscure to most people.

I fell asleep watching this and haven't touched the dvd case since about a year.

I'm american and fucking love holy grail

Considering the core audience nowadays is male teens, yes.

Different styles. I'm a Python and Brooks fan myself.

But those were some solid answers. Respek.

One of my marxist boomer teachers (real insufferable cunt) always kept quoting this shit in classes and even in between for some reason