Really makes me not want to go to Philadelphia

>really makes me not want to go to Philadelphia
youtube.com/watch?v=vL7mTh1YWtQ

>tfw watching this while listening to East Hastings

pretty much every city east of the Mississippi is has areas like this or is entirely like this.

bitch please

Should've sent them back to Africa. Now we're permanently stuck with them.
Take a lesson from this, Europe.

>he wanted to go to Philadelphia before seeing this video

I've been to Philthy and most of it is on the same level as Detroit.
It's one of the worst places in the US

It's sad. I live in an area of Toronto that was built around the same time I think (late 19th century) and it still looks like a normal place (even with street car access).

like any city in the US with a bad reputation, all of the violence is between gangs fighting over drug turf. if you have the money you can be completely insulated from anything remotely sketchy.
in your video that is all poor residential areas far away from tourist attractions.

rocky
eye of the tiger
flyers
i am penis 20cm

omg black people raising their voices and playing outside, what a travesty

i didn't even notice black people until you mentioned. first thing were the houses. looks worse than russian commieblocks

Didn't you see the state of that neighborhood? It's fucking thrashed man. That would be such a nice place to live if they just took care of the place. The architecture is nice and deserves to be preserved, not torn to shit.

the facade on some of them sure, because of age or lack of upkeep, a lot of those row style houses are actually huge and very nice looking inside.

Just stay in the Tourist areas like I did and you will be okay.
That said not even the worst nigger neighborhood I've seen.

this honestly doesn't look that bad to me, it's just an old area of a city. I saw a few boarded up houses and some trash on the ground but that exists everywhere.

I don't really get it. Those are in downtown right?
Here the downtown apartments like that are top notch condition and expensive as shit

Suburbs here where the poor people live in. It's strange it's the opposite in the US

there are classy downtowns in america , most of them are shit tho . pic related my local downtown

no, they're not downtown, downtown apartments are still expensive as shit and nice. these are city blocks probably west or north of the actual downtown area.
american cities are much larger so these might have been considered suburban neighborhoods at one point until urban sprawl spread and it became just became part of the city.

Similar region to that video. I couldn't afford to live there

Yeah I mean like this is not the downtown but like 15-20min walk away

here is another downtown : this one is smaller and cheaper ; its clean and safe tho

>raritan
If you're gonna count shit like that then 50% of America lives next to downtown.

There have been campaigns to get some downtown areas back into shape recently. The real problem is that we let them deteriorate.

non nigger minority downtown
downtown is of, in, or characteristic of the central area or main business and commercial area of a town or city.

Looks downtown to me

finally nigger downtown .
these are the 4 type of american downtowns at least here in NJ .

Are you seriously trying to say the downtown of New York and the downtown of fucking Raritan are treated the same?

Raritan has less than 10K people and it's over an hour away from it's anchor city, New York, If that counts for you then I guess I'll back off.

>literally picking the worst isolated instances of american shithole cities
>hurr fucking nigers

>The real problem is that we let them deteriorate.
Yeah it's sad as fuck when they let old buildings in that shape.
Like last year I visited Russia
In St petersburg there's a lot of beautiful buildings from early 1800s that are in shitty condition like they're going fall down anytime.

Should be more maintenance

Maybe I have misunderstood the word downtown.
Even 10k town can have a downtown

t. black new Jerseyan who got into Rutgers even tho he has a shitty gpa

Yes, of course, but the people who live in Raritan do not work in Raritan, they work in New York. That's what I was getting at, but if that fits your definition then that's cool.

no you just don't understand that these high crime drug areas are not 20 minute walks from the downtown, it's probably more like a 30 minute drive. american cities are huge.

>Yes, of course, but the people who live in Raritan do not work in Raritan
not really, there alot of jobs in central-north jersey .Raritan for example has a huge pharmaceutic industry

Well Like I said there are campaigns to get some of the old houses back in to shape in some cities. Don't know how successful it will be.

Oh yeah there's the downtown and "inner city" and this inner city is the ghetto mostly?

"inner city" would probably just refer to any area in the city limits that is poor or run down. like when you hear "inner city youths" that's just code for poor black and latino children that live in a city, not an actual area of the city. if you go on google maps you can see what I'm talking about, any center area of the city is highly developed. even detroit.

That's Camden, New Jersey