Gunman Omar Mateen was armed with an AR-15-type assault rifle...

Gunman Omar Mateen was armed with an AR-15-type assault rifle, which has become the signature weapon of mass killers in the US.

Known as "America's gun," it is owned by around 3.7 million American households, making it the country's most popular rifle.

The military-grade weapon was used by Adam Lanza in December 2012 to shoot dead 26 people at Sandy Hook in Newtown, while the San Bernardino terrorists used AR-15s when they killed 14 people in December 2015.

It was also used to kill nine people at Umpqua Community College in October 2015.

And in July 2012 James Eagan Holmes used an AR-15-type assault rifle to kill 12 people in Aurora, wounding a further seventy.

The sale of assault rifles is hugely controversial in America as they could allow a rogue gunmen to kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds.

It was speculated on Sunday that Mateen, 27, would only have needed to reload once during his killing spree due to the weapon's large clip size.

In the state of Florida, anyone over the age of 18 can buy an AR-15 as no state permit is required. The same goes for pistols and shotguns.

It means Mateen is unlikely to have resorted to illegal methods to obtain his arsenal, which also included a handgun.

The emergence of yet another mass killer who easily procured an AR-15 is likely to add further fuel to America's fierce debate over gun ownership.

Piers Morgan, the British broadcaster, is among those who has called for all military-grade weapons to be banned.

"AR-15 assault rifles are banned in UK. Guess what? Nobody ever gets shot with an AR-15 in the UK. Wake up, America," he wrote on Twitter in the aftermath of the massacre.

"The #Orlando shooter was U.S. citizen with no criminal record who held TWO current gun licences. A 'good guy with a gun' until he wasn't," he added.

The National Rifle Association has defended the mass sale of assault rifles, insisting they are useful for wild hunting and "home defence."

Other urls found in this thread:

crimeresearch.org/2016/06/mass-shooting-in-florida-occurred-in-another-gun-free-zone-as-many-as-20-people-died-in-a-shooting-at-an-orlando-nightclub/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i thought he had a full auto version, most people have the neutered semi-auto

> only have needed to reload once during his killing spree due to the weapon's large clip size.
>clip size.
Lmao libs don't know what the hell they are talking about.

>assault rifles
Lol, I wish we could own select fire rifles.

this is just bait. calling for gun control when we need immigration control is treating the symptom not the cause. Don't let in a bunch of muslim extremists and you don't get muslim extremists killing people.

Way to get every single fact wrong man.

Anyone else notice that the people who are really anti-gun are also incredibly ignorant of firearms? Every single time.

You can probably do more damage with an AR-10 anyways, fully auto is a meme.

Trust me I've played thousands of hours in Battlefield (tm)

Canada really needs to be IP banned.

It's just sad at this point.

but the shooting in Paris was done by assault rifles in a country where there is tight gun control

everything I've read so far has said it was semi-auto

source on full auto?

Quiet. Don't question the narrative.

>"AR-15 assault rifles are banned in UK. Guess what? Nobody ever gets shot with an AR-15 in the UK. Wake up, America,"
He's pretty quick to dance on the still-warm bodies of the dead.

You know what else you could ban? Muslims. You ban muslims and no one will get shot by them on US soil.

Yeah, same here. People were citing his 'security' license but I could still find anything that had to do with full auto, which would require a national license and a lot of money to own legally.

The anti-gun politicians are the ones who love to rant and rave about the dangers of the AR-15 when in fact the huge majority of gun crime is committed with handguns. This is a calculated strategy. There are so many people who go to bed every night with a handgun in their nightstand because they feel like they need to protect their families. The anti-gun politicians purposefully avoid the hangun issue because they don't want most gun owners to think they're the target...which of course they are eventually.

We're getting to a point where they're butthurt because they know they've lost the debate. Sure, most Americans support some form of rudimentary gun control. They don't go as far as wanting to ban semi automatics or limit magazine capacity. I look forward to the liberal hissy fit tomorrow.

*couldn't

YOU'RE RIGHT LEAF, WE SHOULD GET RID OF OUR SECOND AMENDMENT TO PLEASE THE ISLAMIC STATE, OUR GREATEST ALLIES

>require a national license and a lot of money to own legally.

Please stop talking about things you are utterly ignorant about.

it's 2016 you dumb nigger nobody expects you to be a minuteman in this day and age

>Known as "America's gun," it is owned by around 3.7 million American households, making it the country's most popular rifle.
3.7 million? How many people who have gone rouge with that weapon huh? Less than 0.001% Also you are Canadian go home bud.
Clearly a bait.

That's the way to give it to em, you green blooded hobgoblin.

you're retarded. poor little thing.

3 words..gun free zone. of course except for the killer. Took the police 3 hours to go in. One armed police guy in the club stopped the shooting and forced the shooter into a stand off...what if 10 or 20 people were armed? How would this have ended? The gun banning doesn't work, it used to make u feel better that something is being done, did it work in France? . Also everyone knows piers Morgan is a total fucking tool. Notice his qualification on ar15....go ask piers how many are killed by other means. Gun banning is a classic liberal tactic.use a crisis to forward your objective and that objective is always control. the gun is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. It's like blaming a hammer for hitting nails ffs....

Well I am on /k/ but don't really pay attention to the specifics. I do know that transferable automatics are all pre-86 and therefore a fixed supply, I thought you had to have tax stamps like with sbr or other destructive devices and isn't that done through atfe?

Tldr..

If you actually think guns will be given up willingly you are out to fucking lunch.

MY
COLD
DEAD
HANDS

at least the only people who shoot other people in Poland are mafia members who shoot only other mafia members

they buy their guns from you, anyway

>AR-15 assault rifles are banned in UK
False.

And I'm open to further education, please just don't call me ignorant without curing it.

IT'S

THAT'S TWO THOUSAND WITH A SIXTEEN AT THE END.
WHO THE FUCK NEEDS RIGHTS? WE NEED ISLAM

>the most popular dog breeds are responsible for the most dog bites
>the most popular rifle in the country is used most often in an incredibly tiny subsection of crimes

Gee golly.

Semi Auto can be fully auto if you're a good enough marksman pulling the trigger quickly consecutively and your gun is perfect

what rights

idiot brought a rifle to a fucking bar, it's mad max-tier absurd

I don't understand the full auto meme

Surely aimed shots with semi rifle do more damage than blindly spraying into the crowd?

>AR-15
>assault rifle
Pick one

>and the same gun used by the young men in the Boston Bombing
oh wait

See, this is what happens when people use their head.

You are absolutely correct, semi auto is more effective.

Lmao no

>The military-grade weapon

hahahahahahahahahaha

Pretty much. If you don't aim, you'll get a lot of overlap and run out of ammo fast. Sure each person you hit will probably get hit a few times and be more likely to die, but you'll hit less people overall.

He simply would have blown himself up instead of shooting them.

300 dead instead of 50

>and you'd still be making excuses for him.

kek, enjoy the EU turning you into a caliphate

t. leaf intellectual with no 2nd ammendment

>Ban assault fertilizer

>The military-grade weapon
you realize military grade actually means cheap and mass produced right?

The spraying bullets madly about is only a way to get your opponents to put their heads down, and hope not to hit. It can be quite effective when used in conjunction with a few extra shooters being able to pick off people immobilized by fear of the bullets from the machine gun.

I probably own more guns than you

We spoon feed this shit to you people in a dozen gun control threads a day. What difference, at this point, does it make?

It's pointless to waste effort attempting to educate people who refuse to be educated.

If you really care, go read the goddamned laws.

> AR-15 rifles are banned in the UK
They aren't. With the right hoops, you can get an AR-15 in Britain, albeit with some pretty shitty bastardization.

In multiple surveys of verified Police personnel, more than 95% of them said that limiting magazine size would not impact crime in any way.

"Assault Rifle" refers to a select-fire weapon that can fire in both full-automatic and semi-automatic, or burst-fire. These weapons are banned in the United States, and have been banned for years.

No military on the planet uses AR-15

nice lying leafmaster

The AR-15 is the most common gun period

I don't understand why there are two distinct sides: you either blame muslims or gun control.

Are americans really that retarded to not understand that the problem lies in both those things?

Exactly. Full auto is only effective when used with squad tactics. Also you need to use a belt fed crew served machine gun so you don't run out of ammo in 3 seconds.

>colonists trying to school me on the Old World

Arent your ARs butchered to be somehow bolt-action? I seem to recall an absurdity along those lines

This kills the leaf.

>we fuck goats
So thats what all that arabic scribble shit says. After all these years

yeah yeah

Trudeau's dick isn't a gun
and sucking it doesn't make you an expert.

dont you have a bull to prep?

God I wish these Liberals would learn the fucking difference. The AR-15 was made SPECIFICALLY to be a civilian weapon NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE!

>"AR-15 assault rifles are banned in UK. Guess what? Nobody ever gets shot with an AR-15 in the UK. Wake up, America," he wrote on Twitter in the aftermath of the massacre.

Gun control is not the problem, the people with the gun is the problem.
There are 3.7 million guns in the US, and only less than 25 in the last 10 years there are mass shootings bro.

I probably own more guns than you>Are americans really that retarded to not understand that the problem lies in both those things?
Yes
They are brainwashed by the NRA from birth
Nice memes but that isn't going to take away that stupid shit you just said

Selective fire is not banned in the US. It just has to be registered with the federal government and permitted by state you live in.

They have to be "manual action." This either means bolt-action, or, as some are doing, making it so that you have to press the bolt release after every shot.

>implying gun control will stop terrorists

It is a million different kinds of illegal to own ANY GUN AT ALL in France and look what happened in Paris!

Anti-gunfags B T F O!

>weapon's large clip size
>clip

REEEEEEE
WHY CANT THOSE FUCKS FIGURE OUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLIP AND A MAGAZINE

RRREEEEEE

>with an AR-15-type assault rifle
>an AR-15-type assault
>AR-15-type
>type

What do you mean "type?"
Was it an AR-15 or not.
This is a very firm yes/no question.

>The sale of assault rifles is hugely controversial in America as they could allow a rogue gunmen to kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds.

Bahahahahahaha

hahaha

ha

Yes.

If a brit tries to claim AR-15s aren't banned in England, just point at them and laugh.

>A few people use AR-15s in mass shootings, better get rid of all 3.7 million of them!
>You can't hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a few!
liberal logic

crimeresearch.org/2016/06/mass-shooting-in-florida-occurred-in-another-gun-free-zone-as-many-as-20-people-died-in-a-shooting-at-an-orlando-nightclub/

UPDATED: MASS PUBLIC SHOOTING IN FLORIDA OCCURRED IN ANOTHER GUN-FREE ZONE: 50+ DEAD IN A SHOOTING AT AN ORLANDO NIGHTCLUB

>clip

fuckin saved

ban assault leaf blowers

>It is a million different kinds of illegal to own ANY GUN AT ALL in France
That't not even remotely true, though Paris is still a great example.

The FBI fucked up allowing him to pass the background check after having to interview him multiple times. They are the ones who allowed the sale of the firearms to him. Does the FBI have goldfish memories?

You mean your brainwashed by anti-gun propaganda

you have a higher chance of dying falling down stairs then getting shot with a rifle.

Why arent you banning stairs?

Those guns are allowed in my country to be owned by anyone over the age of 18 with just a registration slip called the WES.

Nobody is shot by them.

So what's the problem here?

>Gunman
>military grade
>clip

Murderous firearms drove a noble practitioner of the most peaceful religion in the world to murder, news at 11.

this is adorable. go back to canada.

This isn't new terminology; technically, the only "true" AR-15s were manufactured by ArmaLite and Colt. All others are technically copies.

LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE

So did trump just win florida, guys?

whether we want to admit it or not,
the AR-15 has been used in every mass shooting since Aurora.

At one point, we're going to have to ask ourselves "do we really need this one particular weapon?"
Let's face it. You're not going to be carrying that around to a gay club to defend yourself in case someone else decides to shoot the place up.

This guy gets it

>nobody ever gets shot in the UK
Yeah they just get their head chopped off and stabbed repeatedly.
And fuck off faggot.
You gonna come and take em?
No?
Then seriously, go fuck yourselves.
I find it laughably retarded that all gun snatching libshits always talk about banning firearms, but are never ever going to be the ones who will stack up with police and soldiers (usually conservative men) to actually take the firearms.
So fuck off pussy. Until you have the balls to breach my door and everyone else's door here, then I'm going to stay right here with my awesome, perfectly legal firearm collection.

>only

Apart from breivik and the sandniggers of the last times, how many in Europe?

It's statistically necessary that out of 300 millions people with access to guns someone will go crazy. Why are you willing to risk?

>3.7 million

When's that estimate from? 2008?

The current estimates I've heard from people in he industry are closer to ten million.

The reason everybody uses it is because it is the most common weapon in America.

Yeah and shit heads like you want to take them from law abiding people and fork them over to the government.

You see the damage this shit skin can do? He was most likely untrained or poorly trained. He attained civilian equipment.

What will professionals with professional grade equipment under the employ of the Gov do to citizens? How bad will it be if the citizens cannot defend themselves with more than a knife, or fire axe?

>3.7 million in circulation
>Used in less than 10 shootings

CLEARLY AN EPIDEMIC THIS MUST BE STOPPED

If not the AR, then an SKS, or an ARX, or any other semi-auto rife. Once those aren't options, they'll go to Nagants and other Mil-Surp.

>risk a shooting
>become like Europe
The choice is obvious faggot.

>Piers Morgan, the British broadcaster, is among those who has called for all military-grade weapons to be banned.

Fucking tea niggers still try to control our guns in 2016

An AR is probably good to have if a pack of rabid niggers come for you.

BTW, doesn't most adult men in switzerland have an automatic rifle in their home?
Don't see much of this shit happening there.
The problem is not guns, it is that people lose their minds in a culturally/racially diverse society. Plus Niggers of course, and muslims, who kill wherever they are.

no one cares you spaz.

"Military grade"
> stopped reading

>this retarded argument
The purpose of stairs isn't to kill, and I am not advocating banning anything, just restricting like my country does. I own a lot of guns but I also don't have to worry about getting shot because it's very hard for criminals to get guns

Not true

Most people die in the UK while waiting for a doctor.