What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nothing, better than the schlocky 70s ones

>Superman lifts things: the movie

It wasn't Man of Steel.

WROOOOOONG

Nothing better than all but Superman 1. Wasn't quite as good as that so people dismissed it.

The script

homage to Reeves, I loved it. however I understand why others didn't.

>also peeping Superman.

It came out ten years too late.

undies

This guy right here

chick flick nature was alright
ending lifting an island slowly didn't breed a rousing swelling of cheer
lois actress was all wrong

Lex Luthor in this was like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. Opening scene, he's swindling some old hag out of her money - really? And they panned the facebook jew Luthor for being too goofy? Niggers, re-watch 'Returns'.

Superman was a literal jobber. Didn't do much but make Lex look good.

The script. Routh made a great superman though.

Brian Singer's Superman makes Thor look like The Dark Knight.

returns lex was just as goofy as all the other donner lex's. Made worse by how little intimidation factor spacey has compared to hackman.

Snyder lex was moronic on levels never before seen. Negro didn't even really have a plan either. All his schemes were underpants gnome level.

Fucking this.

Also, this interpretation of Superman came off as a bit of a stalker. I understand that they were trying to make it seem like he just really, really loved Lois, but it just looked creepy.

I didn't hate it. I thought Spacey was great as a continuation of Hackman's Luthor, but I'm sort of glad they let this one go after the soft reboot.

There wasn't any cakes to the face.
youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

Boredome. The Superman character.

They overthought it, but then under-delivered.

It was far from a definitive interpretation of the character.

What shat me was the guy firing the mini gun at Supes. The bank robber knew he was indestructible, yet still tried to shoot a pistol into his face after exhausting the minigun rounds. Honestly, why would you keep firing a machine gun at Superman then use a pistol fully realising the bigger gun didn't scratch let alone kill him. That scene was baffling.

that scene was quickly thought up and filmed when they realised the film had such little action. it was tacked on

>too much nostalgia
>bad lois lane
>no action
>studio putting too much faith in Singer and not saying "what the fuck did you do with a quarter of a billion dollars we gave you?"

Nah, that didn't bother me. Dude was just like, "Fuck it. Maybe his eyes are more vulnerable."

Did you even watch BvS? The guy just had some big issues with Superman and wanted him dead. Not only did he humiliate him and manage to pit him against another super hero, but even caused his death, and all that just in the first movie they are enemies.

I would've cast Bruce Willis as Lex. Motivation: He wanted to punch a god in the face. Pure and simple. Kryptonite was his means to achieve this.

I have the exact same feelings about it. Even though Brandon Routh is always smiling these days his eyes look so dead on the inside, like he just sees all these new DC movies around him and how he's basically on a cw budget salary now.

don't you mean:
What went WRONG

He returned.

But that's what worked for it, user.

horrible louis lane

why would super man grab a falling plane by the wing and not just fly to the underside of it and guide it to a runway?

JUST

KEK

MY

SHIT

UP

Not much. Dumb villain plan but that's the only real gripe I have with it. Bosworth was too young, sure, but she wasn't bad. If she had been 6 or 7 years older there would be no problem. It's got heart and soul. It actually makes you feel genuine emotions. The plebs call that boring.

Faggots, the lot of you.

>Faggots
urh homophobie is so 1994

Barbra Streisand's Hairdresser and his metal spider fetish

Nah 1 is better than this shit

I know, I'm so old school lel

>What went wrong?
I don't know. I liked everything about it, except for superboy.

It felt as though there was a continuity from Superman II (that scene in the Fortress of Solitude). That airplane scene was fantastic in my opinion. I liked Spacey's version of Lex (I don't like the BvS version).

Most people I know didn't like it.

MoS was a better movie, but I still enjoyed Superman Returns.

>like he just sees all these new DC movies around him and how he's basically on a cw budget salary now.
He is a working actor. And while I'm sure anyone in his position would love to be a blockbuster superstar, he has had a successful career. The overwhelming majority of people who call themselves actors don't work as much as he does. I don't feel bad for him.

It was trying too hard to emulate the Donner films that it forgot to do its own thing. Also turning Superman into a cuck.

While it has its problems, Man of Steel was undoubtedly the superior film.

>thinking MOS is better

How the fuck is boring: the movie better than this?

Not them, but I just like its interpretation of Superman and the tone of it.

Better than Snyder's trash, you mean.

The tone is bluish gray and grayish blue with dull acting.

Underwhelming and far too derivative.

Both films are boring for different reasons. SR feels more like Superman and has better characters, but also has no action and some bad writing that ruins otherwise decent ideas (Stalker Superman, Lex's whole plan). MoS is boring because the shitty writing doesn't serve any purpose, and there's so much action that it actually is boring to see, the same scenes of heat vision and CGI flying over and over for 3 hours.

you got that backwards, Superman cucks Cyclops not the other way around, Superman is also a rapist in that movie.

MoS was far superior, to bad it wasn't really good.

>Great music score
>Great acting
>Great visual effects
This is a very underrated movie that deserved a sequel

I mean the tone of a world that doesn't take the existence of a flying, invincible alien in stride.

There is not a single good film with "return" in their title.

> Return of the King
> Return of the Jedi

>Made worse by how little intimidation factor spacey has compared to hackman.
Spacey as Luthor is one of the few things i liked about it. And posey parker is muh waifu.

>return of the king
>good

time for being contrarian and ruining the thread again

Im suddenly hungry for a slurpee from 7-11 towash down my IHOP.

>saying Superman Returns is bad is being a contrarian

Saying Superman Returns is worse than MOS is being contrarian, user.

>Focusing too much on Lois and her husband
>The Superman's son subplot didn't affect that much to the story
>Luthor plan was pretty meh when they could've made him create Bizarro or bring new threats like Brainiac or Mongul.

Other than that it was pretty cool, I liked how they emulated the Dick Donner feel of the first Superman movies, and they did a good job about it. Other than the actress playing Lois all the other actors were spot-on (specially Spacey and Routh)

"things" also includes KRYPTONITE in this movie

FFS SINGER

I don't even equate the two. Returns is a soft reboot and sort of a closer for the Donner films, wisely ignoring Superman III and IV.

Man of Steel is completely different in tone, themes, and virtually every other aspect.

It's not any dumber than man of murder overcoming the world engine.

Both were fair. One had Superman flying into space to supercharge before taking on the kryptonite island, the other had Superman overcome through sheer force of will.

>Also turning Superman into a cuck
I don't think you know what that word means.

>What is panic

Thats what he fucking said, retard

It started the DCEU if you can even call it that.

That scene is iconic. When have you ever seen that in a movie? MOS sure as hell didn't have a scene that good. You're trying to argue the logic instead of taking in the kino?

implying that sentence is good english

did you really samefag to save your own post, sad

Panic would be to drop everything and run

>The guy just had some big issues with Superman
That were never established, because it was
>the first movie they are enemies.