Thoughts on Rick and Morty?

Thoughts on Rick and Morty?
I think it's really funny and smart

haha upboat my good man this show is ebin!

i think its REALLY reddit

Please tell me I'm not alone in being completely perplexed as to how people think this garbage is funny? let alone "witty".

Please just fuck off we have enough shitposters right now

funny and entertaining but nothing amazing, fans are cancer and make it hard too enjoy.

It's cool

If I lost my Reddit account will you guys upvote my content?

Humor is a really subjective thing. It might just not be something that you appreciate. What kind of comedy do you usually enjoy?

>I don't like this show so I'll pretend I like it on Sup Forums so others hate it through discussion
fuck off, idk why lately R&M and Bojak is getting shit on here, I guess go watch your southpark with your shit taste.

meh community was better

You do realise that Justin roiland browses/tv/ right?
Pic related is his gf

she needs to be blacked 2bh

Pls no she's pure ._.

>those eyes
>pure
whatever makes you sleep at night you ginger cvck

Everybody I know who is a fan of the show is an obnoxious self-entitled cunt. Also, I like how they think that it's edgier to dislike the show rather than like it, when it's about autistic nihilism and unfunny humour. Hopefully they'll kill themselves.
Community was better.
#sixseasonsandamovie

What's wrong with her eyes?
She's objectively 10/10

now show me pure girls who are 10/10, I'm sure if you pretend enough they'll exist

>show me Pure girls who are 10/10
But I just did

Really good first season that wholeheartedly
deserved all the acclaim that was thrown its way.

Season two though, season two was...just not good.

reddit and memey

A thoroughly enlightened show. *Sighs* Just a damn shame so few people truly grasp it.

Love that show

Fuck Sup Forums memery, it's great

I call myself a comedy connoisseur, if you will. My taste consists of: all the Adam Sandler movies, The Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons (all seasons), Family Guy, The Office (the American version), Parks and Recreations and SNL.

how funny we talkin here?

You're not. I've never laughed at any of this show's "jokes." I guess I'm just too well-versed in sci-fi parodies that it just comes across as treading the same territory other shows and movies have done better.

Characters voices are really annoying

Rick's burping is REALLY annoying

That's funny everyone I know that likes Community is a narcissistic self-entitled hipster cunt. This whole thread is plebeian bait and you all NOM NOM NOM NOM. Redditors by day and 4channers by night. Le edge.

>[R]ick and Morty
>[R]eddit
really makes you think

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

I find the show mildly entertaining but I don't really consider it high-brow entertainment

Yeah it's ok. I prefer Archer tho

>4 upvotes
>15 replies
That's not a popular post user

Nice fresh pasta

I like it. I get a chuckle or two out of it.

This one's better though and funnier.

Pure garbage. What teens and twenty somethings watch nowadays is fucking sad.

I like it a lot, especially when I'm high.

This. I can't even comment on the humor because I can't watch for more than a minute at a time,

literally redddit

It's good. The aversion to it on this board is the pinnacle of infantile contrarianism that poisons discourse on interest boards in general.

Fuck you all.

>f-fuck you it's good everyone who dislikes it is just a contrarian meanie

I wish it was less reddit and PC

Not him but honestly, Sup Forums thrives on contrarianism. R&M isn't fucking great but people are so vitriolically against it that for the most part, I'm surprised more people don't think it's just them being contrarian for the sake of arguing.

It's decent.

Contrarianism dictates that Sup Forums deride it as the absolute nadir of entertainment but ultimately that's just a reaction to the praise it's given.

The argument could be made that it's overhyped- I'd probably agree- but it isn't bad.

reddit the reddit

Its the best of the bunch of animated sitcoms along with America atm HOWEVER since the bar is pretty low these days even the new seasons of Futurama looks like mana from heaven at this point

Underage ban needed
Mr Pickles is try hard trash
Haha a dog that kills people and might be Satan woah so edgy haha

It suffers from hype backlash and normies loving the ever loving shit out of it

*American Dad

Its PC and Nu-male as fuck.

That's retarded

Well, I haven't met many fans of Community for some reason. It's popular, yet it's as if nobody knows it.

Rick is a bit of a one note character. Would like to see some depth.

>m-m-m-m-morty
>*burp*
>*babbles*
>morty science lol
>i speak very fast
>m-m-m-m-orty
>sex rofl
>beta boy in wacky situations!!
>funny :)

FUCK YOU STOP BEING SUCH A CONTRARIAN THIS SHOW IS AMAZING

>funny
Yes, in the sense that Family Goy might be funny.

>smart
This has to be bait.

That being said, it's a fun show with cheap tricks.

>Tfw don't really like the show but keep up with it because everyone I know irl enjoys it

Keeping a Sup Forums attitude irl will get you nowhere

Dan Harmon is a fucking piece of shit, his pod cast is the most unfunny bull shit I have ever listened to.

If reddit hated it you guys would fucking love it you contrarian bitches.

you have to watch harmonquest.

the autism on display is unparalleled, and it is pretty entertaining watching his soon to be ex-wife, the guest star, and the other regular shit on him constantly

This is correct

That shit is just "lolso randum XD" "humour" with gore.

You know, people can dislike something just because it's not very good.

Rick and Morty is not only "not very good", it is entertaining at its worst and brilliant at its best, that you can't have an opinion on it without hyperbole says it all, have you even seen it?

I watched 15 minutes of the first episode and it was the opposite of entertaining. I'm not trying to be contrarian and I wasn't going in with a biased opinion ready to not enjoy it. I gave it a chance based on it's popularity and it completely failed at making a good first impression on me. Also, all the clips people have showed me aren't entertaining or brilliant. So... I guess I just don't 'get it'? I totally get why Reddit loves it though.

omg its so deep, I can't wait for season 3. it and bojack are the best shows of all time

I like Bojack but I completely understand dwhy it gets so much shit. R&M I don't really get the hate for because the parts that Sup Forums complains about make up such a small proportion of the show. I think its really just confusing the fans (some of which are terrible) with the show itself.

>buuuuurp~

Jesus Christ Morty, I'm shitposting on a multiversal handpuppet board about a TV show that is based on us!

best part is that the episodes are 11 minutes long, so you never get bored