I don't get it

I don't get it

So move onto something better.

It's post punk but 20 years later
Listen to it two more times

inb4 joy division

It took me five years before it became one of my favorite rock albums.

Listen to it at night. I'm talking around 8 or 9 p.m. 2000 or 2100. On a bus or just walking around. Look at the streetlights as you do. It helps if it is pretty chilly out, and if you have had your heart broken a month or so ago.

what is there to not get? it's not exactly super deep

that is the most unintentionally hilarious post i've seen in fucking months, user

ur gay

lmao

yeah op

also juggle three bowling balls while hopping down the street on one leg

then it becomes good

Seriously, wtf were you thinking when you posted this? lmao.

Fuck off. Certain settings aid in the listening of an album you pieces of shit. I hope you all unironically kill yourselves.

Yeah it's a great album, but only on Thursdays at 3:18 am, and you have to be in the bath tub and drop a plugged-in toaster in with you

Plus you gotta be wearing Docs too or you won't pick up the bass properly

Holy shit, my fucking sides! Yeah op, all you gotta do is walk backwards while doing a hand stand and reciting the alphabet in every language then you'll enjoy the album.

user...you're gay

Because you're fucking retarded

Make sure when you're listening to it you jump through the noose at exactly 9:00PM and begin gyrating your hips to spin in circles, so when you eventually pass out from asphyxiation you slowly twirl in a circle as the rope unwinds.

I understand about being in the right setting, but what makes your post so fucking stupid and funny is because you were being autistic with too specific.

Congratulations, you fucking faggot, you just gave birth to a new meme.

Antics is way better. There are a few good songs on this one, but the band gets in their own way

on a serious note listen to Pet Sounds

good lord, another tripshit i need to filter

fuck you lol

fresh new meme folks

Why is everyone making fun of this guy.

ACtually I had that experience I listened to it on a long bus ride and it was great

It's okay, just move on to Antics

obstacle 1 is good.

user, ignore them. You've got it right

Cunt

it's shit yeah.

this is some reddit-ass shit, user

Thanks.

Shut up fuck the

On a real note, specificity is important. It is how to define a sound or a feeling. Reducing music to settings with a time, place, temperature and background allows one to talk about a specific sound.

Listening to this album during the day wouldn't help you at all. It is truly an album to be enjoyed in the setting I described. That is when I first understood and loved it.

Legitement question, not trying to be mean: have you been diagnosed with autism?

Cunt

Nope. I am a very successful young adult with a kickass job. I just think of music like that. If you don't think of music like that, you are a pleb. Full stop.

Put me in the screencap

Wow.

Fuck autistic cunt over here

I didn't say you had to do anything to get it, to be fair. Certain settings lend to the music. Yes, I can say that Band X is objectively good. But are they good blaring in the middle of a hot summer day? Or do they sound better in the quiet taper of fall into spring? These things affect peoples' experiences with music whether you believe it or not.

You don't belong in it.

Literally a tard.

>likes interpol enough to write a shitty emotional post about it
>has the fucking balls to call someone else a pleb

I talk about all music like that you autist. If it has a sound, it paints a picture of a scene. I relate things to pictures or movies. It is how I think. And it helps process a sound. And if you can't understand that, I may be sorry to inform you. You are a mouthbreathing Neanderthal that somehow found himself on a computer. Get laid and then kill yourself you virgin fuck.

Everyone mocking this post is showing how new they are.

if you don't think atmosphere or experience can shape the way a record sounds then you are just hopeless

Cunt

It's about the duality of the humanities

>thinking this makes you sound smart when you are really just trying to justify liking beige indie rock

Of course we know that, but his post was just the most perfect blend of stupidity and earnestness.

It's not beige indie rock. As I said, I provided the setting in which I enjoyed it the most. You have to be 18 to post on this board.

The damage control is real.
>You have to be 18 to post on this board.
I'm not the one that saved and posted an image from Facebook buddy.

You're right, I'm sorry. Its really more of an ecru shade

I didn't get that image from Facebook. I got it from Sup Forums you fucking mongrel.

Read these posts at night.. I'm talking around 8 or 9 p.m. 2000 or 2100. On a bus or just walking around. Look at the streetlights as you do. It helps if it is pretty chilly out, and if you have had your heart broken a month or so ago.

Babbys first post-punk album.

YOUR HAIR IS SO PRETTY AND REDDDD

BABY BABY YOU'RE REALLY THE BEEESSSASSSSTTTT

>2000 or 2100.
what

Recommend me something similar to this album please

Listen to it at noon. I'm talking around 12:00 sharp. 2072 or 2153. In an uber or on heelys. Look directly into the sun as you do. It helps if its exactly 87 degrees and you've been eaten captain crunch for three consecutive weeks.

I am not mocking you, despite you being autistic, because you are completely right.

However, unlike , i didn't need to do that to enjoy and get that album because I do have taste

underrated

t. amerifat

My Dad is Dead - The Taller You Are, the Shorter You Get
The Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro
Bloc Party - Banquet
Television - s/t
Dance Hall Crashers - Lockjaw
New Model Army - Vengeance

I like you user, ignore the reddit ass posters.

It's just indie rock.

your story is boring and stuff

fucking kek

fucking kek

Cunt, I never said you had to complete those actions to enjoy the album. I said they help. Atmosphere and environment lend heavily to music whether you like it or not. And just because you enjoyed it when you first listened to it without being in the perfect environment doesn't mean you have taste. It means you just were in the right mood for that album.

My description above was when the album clicked for me. There are plenty of other albums that clicked on first listen, but not all. My favorite albums of all time were the ones that were challenging and had to be thought about first. It isn't enough that something simply sounds good.

It wasn't meant to be an exciting story cunt. Specifics and details matter, because those are the things you forget.

I don't know why you think I think I'm really smart for thinking about music this way. It really isn't that incredible but if you can't, that probably says more about the functionality of your brain than it does mine. I never said I was superior, just that those dismissing my point don't understand music or processing a sound or album clearly. Only a few on this thread truly understood. The rest are below 18 year olds with mommy issues and horrible taste in music.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Fresh pasta desu

Hahahaha he didn't get it

I just now got it. God dammit. Good one.

i'm always calling your bluff

I'm scared that i will see this pasta being posted at every single thread

holy fuck lmao

Too late

shit

NUMP

I've seen plenty of posts like this on this board but it's yours that gets to be a meme, not fair!

His post was just sooo fucking specific that it became funny. Had he refrained from going any further after "it helps if it's chilly outside", or if he just said "listen to it while taking a stroll at night", we would've missed on a beautiful meme.