ITT: Movies you hated at first but rewatched for some reason and love now

ITT: Movies you hated at first but rewatched for some reason and love now

I somehow missed the fact that it exists and came out two years ago, and only seen the trailer for it this week, even though I really enjoy Malick's films.
Why does it flew under the radar? Is it because it's even more self-repetetive then To The Wonder or are critics just plebs?

It’s not repetitive of TTW, this baby is in a league of its own. Legitimately one of the most profound movies of the last decade. It requires multiple viewings to fully appreciate it.

it's shit because it's set inner city

there's no GRASS and WHEAT

this

both of these

forgot image

this too

my guilty pleasure

Planing to watch it because I like Malick and Bale. What to expect?

These, Jaws, and Close Encounters for me.

Beauty and introspection. In other words, Malick.

Nearly every film that I love I am unimpressed or let down by in some way the first time I see them. It's to the point where I'm more concerned after seeing a film if I really like it, like it was probably cheap pleb trickery and won't hold up on repeat views rather than bugging me day in and day out that there was just.. something.. about it and now I need to rewatch it and then holy shit this is the best movie ever.

I went to the theater expecting a action flick and was severely disappointed. Watched it again a year ago knowing what to expect and I really like it now.

raimi's spiderman movies
resident evil movies
mulholland drive and other lynchian movies
charlies angels

It gets better with each viewing. Didn't like it at first, but now I think it's one of his best.

Nah, you've just waited for director's cut to validate your shit-eating tendencies

>Doubting divinely inspired malick work of art
>Ever
You are forgiven

bump