Are you mature enough to accept an asian James Bond?

Maybe

Only if he's played by Idris elba

of course not, I post on Sup Forums

Two wongs don't make a white

Only in the video games

It could work. My problem with "black Bond" has always been the fact that he wouldn't be able to blend in at those high-society/elite gatherings Bond is always infiltrating. But Chinese/Japanese billionaires are everywhere these days, no reason why you couldn't have an Asian Bond.

These people just won't stop, will they?

Historically Bond has always been white.

An Asian/Black/Woman/Fucking Cyborg Doctor from Doctor Who, I can roll with. Not Bond.

>he wouldn't be able to blend in at those high-society/elite gatherings Bond is always infiltrating
THIS

Black bond is fine because it's plausible, but asian? I dunno. Bond went to eton then somewhere scotland so there is some accommadation for a black casting w/ extra character development to be had.

obviously that pic is just trying to make a point as opposed to actually advocating for Daniel Heney to play Bond.

They don't need it. But yeah, I'd accept Asian Bond.

There are actually so many new ones that an Asian Bond would make more sense than a white one in some cases. Nobody is going to look twice at a mega-rich East Asian guy who has a flimsy story about the Chinese real estate market, there are literally millions of people like him.

Bonds a white character. That's what he is. There's nothing gained by making Bond some ethnic guy. Just create a new IP or new character, instead of trying to destroy one already established.

This
I know its stupid, but I agree

Itd be like making Superman asian, Americans would FREAK
Or Hermione black, thats just changes the whole character

But Bond is just a passed on title no? If so, I change my mind and say yes
I could care less, Im not brit

>Black bond is fine because it's plausible, but asian? I dunno.

Why? What's the difference?

>Itd be like making Superman asian, Americans would FREAK

They already made him black though

there's enough of Black posh-boys about. One of my friends was asked to be a spy so it's not out of the q

>Itd be like making Superman asian

Dean Cain

Not Clark Kent

I always thought 007 was supposed to be a secret Asian???

>There's nothing gained by making Bond some ethnic guy

well the brit "identity" holds Bond near and dear as white so making him Black would signify a shift within the politics of culture but of course whether that would drive some sort of change itself is a diff question

I would have absolutely no problem with an Asian Bond, as long as his acting is good.

no , chink are the new enemy

>Bond went to eton then somewhere scotland so there is some accommadation for a black casting
More likely for some rich Asian to send his son to Eton, than a black guy at Eton.

>Finds attractive femme fatale
>Cant fuck them due to micropenis
>Ends up killing them himself

Japs actually have a slightly larger penis size than Americans.

Considering the average age of this board is fifteen, no. The "people" here are not.

Britain is a white country
The native population is white

Hong Kong was under British management for 150 years and Taiwán is still an US colony de facto so it's not that farfetched

who the actual fuck

let's face it, no actor alive is fit to play James Bond, just like anyone else besides Sean Connery wasn't able to.

Chinks and Japs have always been the enemy you ignoramus, always will be
aside from islamaboos of course

>let's face it, no actor alive is fit to play James Bond

hol up on that statement f-am

I'm actually fine with an asian James Bond or even a female James bond as long as it's Emily Blunt or Antje Traue.
I just don't want a nigger or any other shade of shitskin as James Bond. EVER.

>le american squint, brother of, can't act for shit man
please do fuck off you blatant homosexual

Oy vey how intolerant, looks like someone needs more refugees

Undelated!

>Half British (Father) Half Hong Konger (Mother) and born pre-1997
>He'd then be a British Hong Konger
>have him move to UK when Hong Kong is returned to China in 1997
>have him become an agent

There. I've made it work for you fucking SJW faggots. Now piss off and justify re-writing the worlds most famous spy backstory for your own fee fees.

>and Taiwán is still an US colony de facto

Either you don't know what de facto means, or you think the US runs Taiwan. Not sure which is more believable.

serious question, why is it that Bonds are always tall? if you're in espionage wouldn't it make sense to be the average height in this case for British men to be 5'9? Isn't it time to cast someone in the average height within the 5'7 - 5'9 range?

FUCK YEAH! BRITON FIRTS *froths at the mouth*

>serious question, why is it that Bonds are always tall?

Because he's supposed to be attractive.

>Isn't it time to cast someone in the average height within the 5'7 - 5'9 range?

No, because short men aren't attractive.

Are you implying anything I said was factually wrong?

>*
Get the fuck out of here

That joke is so shit that even American Dad made it and you guys hate Seth McFarlane shows.

our average bond comes across a thug, thug knocks him out with one punch because average bond is a fucking manlet

great idea

The namaru is Bondu, JAMESUUUUU BONDUUUUUU

>Namae wa Bondu desu, Jamezu Bondu desu

BONDERRRRUUUUUUUUUUU SAAAAAAANNNNN

gatekeeper are you?

I've implied many things

This post is the only sensible one in the thread and nobody notices. Is this just a bait thread? This guy has literally explained how it could work and please both sides a bit.

Matt Damon's character wasn't whitewashed and he wasn't an established character like Bond

if a good Korean director made one it could be the best James Bond yet

I like that actor, id be ok with it

>Is this just a bait thread?
duh, there's rarely if never any genuine debate here. Nothing ever put forward in sincerity as to reach some higher truth about the subject. Sup Forums is poorly educated on so much.

/thread

Bond is well trained in martial arts though

>rich, steely, mysterious

whites don't embody these anymore. Asian James Bond perfectly fits.

why bother?

jackie chan is better than bond

>no actor alive is fit to play James Bond
plenty of actors could do it, bond isn't that difficult of a role. any decent actor who looks right could do it.

LOL.

t. r/AsianMasculinity

>polredditor

you have to go back

>they actually did make a black superman
>his secret identity is being President of the United States

wish i was joking

>An Asian/Black/Woman/Fucking Cyborg Doctor from Doctor Who, I can roll with. Not Bond.

It's a shame they didn't make it canon that James Bond is a code name. Had they done that, it'd be a non-issue that he's historically white.

Dean Cain is 1/4th Japanese, he's hardly a ching chong Superman

He was just exotic looking enough that it made him seem not like other people, i.e. Kryptonian.

>Hollywood
>James Bond
I thought chinks were smart?

We had an Asian James Bond, nobody remembers it because it sucked

first they ruined the new bourne and now asian bond yeah ? ok

>and Taiwán is still an US colony de facto
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I lived in Taipei for years. The US essentially abandoned any official recognition of Taiwan because they want to do business with China, and as far as china is concerned taiwan is part of the mainland.

We haven't had a military presence there since the 70s, and the closest you had to an embassy or consulate was a thinly veiled CIA office knownas AIT.

ROC not PRC, ok.

> Just create a new IP or new character, instead of trying to destroy one already established.

Why does everyone seem to ignore this kind of approach?

> Make X black or female!

Why not just create a new character? Why do these fucking people refuse to have any semblance of originality?

Hollywood is a cabal that controls all Western movies and shows, didn't you know?

>Dean Cain is 1/4th Japanese,
didn't know this, he looks like a white person with some native american blood

Studios don't want to risk new IPs. They'd much rather take a known existing brand, and rebrand it for diversity plus points.

I think you meant Iduris Eruba

>asian james bond gets a special gadget from Q that makes his penis able to sustain an erection

>asian james bond gets rejected by a white girl so he sprays her face with acid from his watch

spbp

>asian james bond wrecks his high tech invisible car because asians can't drive

MAI NEMU ISSU BONDO, JAMESU BONDO

>insidious white lie

statistically Asians are the safest drivers. how about learning facts before being an idiot you dumb racist.

Is that why we're seeing all these remakes, reboots, and sequels nobody's asking for?

Honestly I don't have any problem with an asian playing James Bond. Asian people are literally honorary whites.

It's the dindus, Poo in Loos and Ahmed's that polute the world and need to be exterminated.

>asian james bond reading his favorite manga on the plane

That would actually be kinda perfect.

Bond was supposed to represent an aging English Empire in the new world.

An Chinese or Japanese Bond would be a fitting way to go.

>asian james bond dies when he accidentally gets sucked into an esacalator

>Confirmed for never having been to asia

It's been done, lads. Connery's Japanese disguise was so flawless that we've already seen the Asian Bond.

>asian james bond checks into his hotel room, unpacks his full length body pillow waifu

that would be cool with me

only time im against a different race playing a character is when its based off a book or something and the characters race is documented

like black hermione, wtf is that?

Its a Barack Obama analogy and its just Grant Morrison silliness

Theres also a asian superman in China atm

>got btfo
>b-but asia

lmao you need to stop drinking the pol kool aid and cherry picked webms

>Why does everyone seem to ignore this kind of approach?
Because a built in audience and name recognition of a proven property is pretty valuable.

>asian james bond gets mistaken for a waiter at a cocktail party

Why would they make James Bond and Asian? What does it bring to the table? If it's to represent an underprivileged group then they've failed because Asians are some of the most privileged people in the west. James Bond is British let him be British, why is it the responsibility of Caucasian ethnic groups to include minority's? Why not let an Asian make a Asian equivalent to James Bond?

I support it because he's American and it'd be revenge for Brits for taking Superman from us.

Never ever

>asian james bond shows up to class every day without saying a word but on the last day shows up with a gun

>Why would they make James Bond and Asian
Chinabux, obviously.

>what is the business and financial decision of reusing IPs

you dumb. nothing is set in stone.

Last time I heard Superman speak in a movie it was with an American accent.