Post your absolute favourite album of all time. No top tens. No charts. No lists. No bullshit. Just one...

Post your absolute favourite album of all time. No top tens. No charts. No lists. No bullshit. Just one. Make a decision and stick to it. Let's see 'em.

>Jandek - You Walk Alone

All of AIC with Layne is amazing to me. No one comes close

>Jacques Brel - J'arrive

It's hard to pick :(

Was there a different version of this thread that got deleted?
I think there was

Tough but not really

I can't

Try. I believe in you.

Nice to see someone posting Jandek that isn't me user, nice

Weirdly, it's probably the only one of his I like.

And it's my favourite album ever.

Beck - Colors
Every song is a banger and the whole album has a really positive and cozy vibe

Hideous cover but a great album. Having to pick just one is rough though.

Get fucked.

My favorite album used to be The Beginning by Jandek. Not so much anymore as it morphed into Elizium by Fields of the Nephilim decades ago and that one gelled for me.

Hard to post just one, user.
But I think you know this.

Good choices, the lot of them.
This thread would make for a nice road-trip soundtrack...

That's the worst when such good albums have just crap artwork.
Feel ya.

ok retard

The album that got me into music at a young age. Now that I have broadened my music tastes I notice elements of shoegaze and noise rock in it now. I am sure if I heard it today it wouldn't be my favorite album, but since I have developed such a history with the album it is what I call home.

This album was another album that made me play bass

Funny how that works.
Arcadia's "So Red the Rose" is one of those comfy / home albums for me and it is a truly dated offshoot of Duran Duran, but still... Those neuro-pathways are burnt for a lifetime; there's no escaping it for me.

For what it's worth, I got to see Bloc Party at an actual block party. They held their own up OK but at the time I don't think they had their shit together, yet. It was kind of sloppy. Maybe they were just drunk, I dunno Good fun, though.

>pic related, that I forgot

ITT: people pretending to like bad albums

Sad!

Is that actually your choice or are you just bringing it up?

Tool - Lateralus

No, my choice was Elizium by Fields of the Nephilim. But I was referring to the fact that there are some albums that gel in your head as a lifetime comfy / home album that will always be that way no matter how mediocre they turn out to be. Was in response to the Bloc Party reference in that over time when you go back, it's really not a favorite, anymore.

Definitely not my favorite but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for it.

I'm old.

Queen - Night at the opera

late 2012 i was playing this in my car when i showed up to my friend's house

i didn't see that they were all hanging out in the front yard, when a curly haired blonde girl hears me singing embarrassingly loud to pilot jones and she straight books it right to my car

she gets in, we listen and sing along to the rest of the album and by the time we got to forrest gump she had the biggest smile on her face i've ever seen

now imagine that i'd never even met her before at that point. long story short, i haven't spent a single day without her since

feels good man. music brings people together more ways than one. but i prefer Blond/Blonde over this one

But is it your favourite?

That's a good one.

Frank Ocean.
Bringing people together since 2012.

Wish I had a story like that.

Not that guy, but it'd damn well be mine!
>and I don't even go for blondes

Well, the way I rate albums is based on their merits in a vaccuum. There are more personally significant albums for me than You Walk Alone, but You Walk Alone is the best I can think of.

yeah i absolutely love blonde too, it's fucking phenomenal

100% :^)

ahahah thanks man

believe me, im not an especially lucky guy or anything, you're bound to have something similar happen to you sooner or later, it'll happen without warning

>100% :^)
Cool. That was a lovely story, by the way.

Gotcha.
I know you said no top listings.
That's so hard to do.
Throughout the years, I've compiled my favorite Jandek songs to make my "best of" / "favorites" compilations and they tend to slant to the earlier stuff like Six & Six, Ready for the House, etc... Like you said "based on their merits in a vaccuum" much like one would have to choose a desert-island album, I'd have to go with that material. It's so unique that I would be hard pressed to get bored with it anytime soon while stuck on an island.

I might get bored with You Walk Alone only because of the blues-style scales might get repetitious where something like Ready for the House is more of just picking chords arpeggio-style. Gotta go with that early stuff for my pick.

So you're picking Ready for the House as your all time favourite?

derp

Yeah, the best stuff happens when you are not trying, just doing and then BANG!
What?
I wasn't expecting that.
Exactly...

If I'm running out of the house to go for a walk or something like that... that one seems to be my go-to time after time, so I've gotta say yes. Ready for the House.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the others but Blues Turned Black gets grating too often, so yeah.

That's my pick.

Taylor Swift gets old real quick.
Disintegration and some Mahler works are up there but again, they get repetitive to my head.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seriously man? Albums of his like Blue Corpse and Chair By a Window are pretty good even if you're not into his weirder shit

I don't know what to tell you

that you love me?

Other than that, of course

This has been my favorite album for over 5 years now. No other album has held that position for more than a year or two. I'm seriously starting to doubt whether I'll ever find an album I like more than Metal Box.

Know all songs by heart.
I will mourn his death.

what album is this ?

Since I was 18 yr old. It just gets better every time I listen to it

Sorry for being a pleb but it's no doubt this one. There's lots of imagery and it's all exactly what I'm interested in

nice

Might be pretty basic, but this has so much emotional value to me I don't think it's gonna get topped any time soon. This was the intro to almost everything I listen to now. I was in a pretty dark place at the time, and this partially pulled me through

good taste

gotta be the midtown 120 blues
changed everything for me

Lighght - Kishi Bashi
It's a good one.