gonna be shit like the past 3

WATERY SYNTHS
STEEL GUITARS
TRADITIONAL AFRICAN PERCUSSION
ISIS INFLUENCED LYRICS

mumble rap or bust

gonna be even more pop(ish) than DAMN.

DAMN was alright though

ooga booga ooga... booga booga *played on top off a beat with straight high hats and udu drums*

>with saxophone features by kenny g on all tracks

Industrial Trap

I wouldn't be surprised to hear more dancehall type stuff

He'll hop on the sadcloud rap trend and make something extremely soul-crushing and very mediocre at the same time.

Screenshot this.

4/10

caring for an industry plant nigger

It will be his In Rainbows.

Can anyone rec a board where music actually gets discussed in addition to shitposting? Like how Sup Forums used to be a few years ago?

he's finished
no more GKMC redux up his sleaves
and lord knows no one needs DAMN. tier albums from him

He'll rap about being from the streets and police brutality again even though he's incredibly rich and famous now

Coffee pot
metallic outside, black on in
just like chains on kingz
fuck slavery

We said Kendrick not Eminem.

he said wat he said

I hope he does not go back to that artsy trash that was tpab.

I hope he does more shit like DAMN,I think more than likely hes going to go towards what Vince staples and Danny brown been putting out lately.

that weird electric, experimental sound

>I hope he does not go back to that artsy trash that was tpab.
>I hope he does more shit like DAMN
This is one of the most contrarian opinion I've ever seen and I've seen someone call Never Let Me Down a 10/10 Bowie album.

Either a return to the less conventional, more eclectic style of TPAB/UU or even more generic pop-rap, like DAMN. I really hope he goes in a more experimental direction again, but chances are he'll play it safe and hop onto whatever the latest trend is.

Songs will be more similar to LOYALTY, LOVE, GOD, etc. Likely will be inspired by Soundcloud heavyweights like Lil Pump and XXX. His discography is only going to get worse from here. All I can pray for is for the album to not be about contemporary American politics, as the two Drumpf mentions on DAMN ruin decent songs and show Kendrick's lack of knowledge.

Is DAMN going to get AOTY or what?

The closest he can get to an IR level album was GKMC.

No it's part of the meme where Kendrick's albums match up with Radiohead's quality-wise I just don't have the image and I'm too lazy to make it. But the gist is:

>Pablo Honey and O.D.
Most hated albums from the artist. Weak start to acclaimed career
>The Bends and Section.80
Beginning of artistic growth and stylistic changes that would make their careers. A few low points but highly loved by fans
>OK Computer and GKMC
Fan favorite.
>Kid A and To Pimp a Butterfly
Critics favorite. Both this and previous widely considered high-points in the genre.
>Amnesiac and untitled unmastered
Literally B sides from the last project
>Hail to the Thief and DAMN.
Weaker albums in comparison. Inconsistent but still somewhat enjoyable.

>Drumpf mentions on DAMN ruin decent songs and show Kendrick's lack of knowledge.
How so?

What the fuck I never thought of it that way. If that theory holds true we might be getting the best rap album of our generation with Kendrick's next.

YE YE
FUCK WHITE
LIKE RICE
LIKE DEEZ WALLS
LIKE BLACK IS GOOD
LIKE THE NEIGHBORHOOD
WHAT A GOOD HOOD
YEYE
RICE WHITE
NIGGA GOOD

The comparison sort of works until you get to DAMN. HTTT is possibly Radiohead's most eclectic album to date, and in my opinion one of their strongest. It's really not that inconsistent at all. DAMN. is just corporate trash. There's not even an attempt at artistic integrity on that album.

>There's not even an attempt at artistic integrity on that album.
There are 3 shit songs. I don't get how you can even come up to this conclusion.

What are the 3 shit songs? I personally think there's a bit more than 3, but I'd like to know your opinion.

Horrorcore album

His melancholic attitude towards the election on LUST is understandable without the context of these two lines from XXX:
>Donald Trump's in office / We lost Barack who told us to never doubt him again
Gives more context to the line referencing the election on LUST, as he's inferring that progress in improving and reducing race relations and inequality (respectively) will be undone. Kendrick doesn't seem to get that racism got much worse following 2009.
Kendrick's position on the election is understandable if you consider what political knowledge he has, but those references dismantle the feel the lyrics are portraying to me when his attitude is based on factual inaccuracy. Hope that makes sense. I'm sick of the Trump melodrama that hardly has any basis. There are MANY things he can be criticized for, but the last thing I need is Kendrick's hot take on politics.

Not the user you're responding to, but LOYALTY, LOVE, GOD, and sometimes YAH are generally considered to be the awful songs on the album. The only great songs on the album are DNA, ELEMENT, PRIDE, LUST, first half of XXX, and DUCKWORTH, IMO.

It's literally gonna be LOADED with features

Schoolboy,isaiah,soul,sza
Badass,fbz,bronson,danny,rtj?
Drake,migos,rihanna,nicki,rapsody?
Earl,vince,tyler,frank,mac miller
Em,blackthought,royce,rza,ghostface,nas,jay,krit,A$AP?

What about HUMBLE.? Perhaps I'm in the minority when I say this, but that song is laughably bad. I don't like DNA. that much either.

Just another downgrade from TPAB like DAMN. was, everything in that album that was good was done better in TPAB. 6/10, he's losing his mojo.

I liked the song right away. It's fun, and its mediocrity is only apparent for me with the context that it's a Kendrick song. I would like it a lot more if it was released by a new up-and-coming artist. It's a 6/10 at best.

he shot his music load already. needs to retire now, phoning it for the remainder of his life

Hopefully an Earl collab because he's fading into irrelevancy. Kendricks already said he's his favorite rapper so it would make sense

He's gonna go full Hotep and have a song about black separatism featuring Richard Spencer

I agree. It was clear he was on the road to dropping off in quality once I realized untitled 07 was his most recent work prior to DAMN.

Avant teen was the best phase. You either moved on to expand your tastes and understanding of music, or got exposed as a pop music elitist. It's crazy how cyclical this board became, only now it's mainstream pop instead of indie pop, and everyone is trying so hard to be that guy while not trying to seem like that guy.

THIS

>revival releases and is globally panned (by the hip hop community)
>em bitchin about people dont want his old style
> kendrick is disgusted after hearing revival
>releases a horrorcore album
> Em finally becomes normal