See movie

>see movie
>get inspired and encouraged to change your life
>the feeling passes

the best and worst feel
fuck

That's why you'll always be a loser if you let your life get controlled by feelings and movies.

It's not the best feel, the best feel is improving your motivation gradually through small steps. Relying on emotional highs can work, but often cancels itself out with the lows. Overall it's not a net good feel.

There's no need for hostility. If everyone had a sense of motivation most of us would be happier, including you. Trying to push down "losers" only maintains your own anger at them and maintains their lack of motivation.

Happened with Rocky and with Drive...and most other movies now that I think about it.

Every time.
Until you learn and turn into a cynical asshole like The truth hurts.

I don't see why feelings are bad, we're only human. Hell, you can FEEL motivated

This. The best "feel" is faith on God and hard work. Movies are a distraction. You guys have a lot of growing up to do.

>watch hajime no ippo
>get enough motivation to head outside to jog
>it fucking sucks
Never again.

Dubs confirmed
>cynical
>implying
It's called getting your shit together and having control of your life. If you let feels be the primary determining factor of your life, however powerful they might be (and they are,) you should kill yourself

You took what was said and made it extreme like they're guided in life by feelings like women. The original post even says the feeling passes, it wasn't a major enough motivator.
You picked something, misunderstood it, then sperged out while feeling superior for literally no reason. You've got a lot of growing up to do.

Doesn't have to be God, people have a source of strength from all of sorts of places and faiths.

I'm not hostile. Somebody has to say it. If you're feeling mopey, that's not a reason not to do something. You have to do it anyway. If you can think for yourself, you can decide how to act... even if it doesn't feel good.

If you want to be great at anything, you're going to have to go through hard times that don't feel good.

You got to just do it. There's no shortcut. That's the entire message of rocky.

>suddenly an idea of wearing white scorpio jacket and silently chewing on toothpicks starts to seem retarded
This is a feeling of relief, man

Because that's outside motivation, same with pic related and similar bullshit.

What you need to do is internalise this motivation, that way you will actually want to do whatever you want to do. Of course, that takes some time and dedication and will power, so yeah, lots of people fail.

>You have to do it anyway
I don't think one has to do it, in fact we can see people who are depressed and don't. If the goal is to get those people to be motivated, I find that positive instruction (i.e. telling someone HOW to improve) works better than a negative demand (just telling them WHAT to do).

>not acting like the driver

But I agree with you, you fuck.
I'm also a cynical asshole.

>see The Raid and the Bourne movies
>want to learn combat
>feeling passes

>girl fucks my life over
>immediately signs up for combat classes
>commits for over a year

Real life is weird.

Not everyone can be a winner, some of us must be losers so that other people will not.

>don't tell them what to do tell them how to do it
Not him, but I don't get what you are saying here

>Not everyone can be a winner, some of us must be losers so that other people will not.

No. Loser is an attitude, not an outcome.

We've all seen the slander in the mass media but the Church of Scientology can really help with these feelings and set you on the path to self-realization and therefore freedom. You don't have to be rich to join either! They tailor the coursework to your individual abilities and financial situation, in an effort to ease your mind of those burdens as you follow the path. With locations in most metropolitan areas, drop by for an introductory session, or even just a conversation.

>chilling in house after rehab, see Blue Valentine
>want to die more than ever
>feeling doesnt pass
Fucking worst time of my life

Which movies are you guys talking about that 'inspired' you?

Also, movies are used in therapy for patients that would benefit from it, I dont think you guys get how hard it is for some people to see their problems without help and then see them manifest in a film before them
Pretty cool desu unless they take it all wrong/project incorrectly/get hurt that you might be insinuating that theyre [insert bad traits] like X character

tfw I actually went to a location but they got kicked out some time before
it's been nearly a year but their shit is still there
I just wanted to see what auditing is like

I think this verse from the Dhammapada is kind of relevant

>Though he recites much the Sacred Texts but is negligent and does not act accordingly, that heedless person is like a cowherd who counts others' cows. They have no share in the fruits of the devoted life.

Substitute Holy Texts for motivational texts in this case.

I think his approach is fairly negative, and has a lot of "what to do" demands, e.g.

>getting your shit together
>If you let feels be the primary determining factor of your life... you should kill yourself

I think he has the right goal, and may even have achieved it, but there's some anger there, which comes across as a demanding tone, rather than an encouraging one which offers positive instruction.

>I dont think you guys get how hard it is for some people to see their problems without help
I think this is very true. Self-awareness is very unintuitive, and needs lots of practice. It's no surprise those with the worst problems often find it the most difficult to see what they are.

>If you let feels be the primary determining factor of your life
They are though, this isn't something you can change. If you think your actions are not determined by emotion then you're delusional.

>They are though, this isn't something you can change
Yes it is