Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E3MBMf9gWts
daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=4&sid=7b4cd1bf-a502-4802-8314-a1adcbf09a83
reverb.com/item/6601319-klon-centaur-professional-overdrive-gold-early-fax-only
youtube.com/watch?v=PwtSNxxZtVU
vocaroo.com/i/s0w4UIswQsAT
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what are these pick ups?
why are they red?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E3MBMf9gWts
good pedals for drone/shoegaze metal sound?

I got a Yamaha 311H as my first guitar. I have some strings left which are 'Daddario 9/42'

Are those proper for this type of guitar? I know there are personal preferences but overall these are standard right?

Yeah you good as long as they're electric guitar strings

yeah of course its these

daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=4&sid=7b4cd1bf-a502-4802-8314-a1adcbf09a83

>9-42
How big is your pedal board? Are you going to your boyfriend's parents for Christmas?

single coils with a plastic cover
could be anything under there

Whats that shitpost supposed to mean around here? I literally just started playing a month ago.

Is that a good alternative to a boss rc-30? I really want a stereo looper with dual pedals, but the boss seems to be fairly expensive. How do you like it?

Just got this guitar for cheap and I'm one month into learning. I can already play basic shit like About a Girl, Californication, Seek and Destroy and a couple of deftones songs.

What are some good songs to learn that are actually easier than they sound?

Why do I see this pedal posted so much?

A lot of van halen

>hotel California
>all along the watchtower
>another brick in the wall

Because this is extreme meme dream central

>implying a beginner could play any of those solos

I just spent $120 on one of these. AMA

Oh man, I am really spoiled when it comes to nice basses but last week I was at a friends house and noodled around on her "cheapo" ibanez bass. That thing was a serious instrument, I personally would lower the action (which should be possible without buzz from what I could gather) but the nut was cut properly and everything else was just quality stuff. Hardware was really good, pickups and active EQ sounded good, etc.

Are you that kid with the synester gates guitar that does video game covers on youtube

How does Yngwie get such good tone using these strings?

Are you aware of the horrendous tracking and insane delay on those things?

He's clearly shitposting. Most beginners can't even play barre chords so slim chance of being able to play any of these.

If you want to improve, don't just learn covers and tabs. Imo get to grips with basic theory and you will improve a lot more.

>yngwies tone
>good

His hands are so big. Why he plays baby strings?

Yes! I'm an electrical engineer so I was first going to see if I could fix that a little. I haven't heard about the delay though?

The pedal isn't actually defective and if I clean it up a little bit I can resell for more than I paid to some dumb otaku out there.

No dude, I only play Pantera covers through acoustic amps on my warlock.

Anyone here ever had the opportunity to play anything made by Babicz? They seem like interesting guitars but are pretty unobtainable for stores/general consumers.

>Yes! I'm an electrical engineer so I was first going to see if I could fix that a little. I haven't heard about the delay though?
That thing uses either a dsp or an IC, how exactly do you plan to "fix" its inherent design flaws? Reprogram the chip?

>The pedal isn't actually defective and if I clean it up a little bit I can resell for more than I paid to some dumb otaku out there.
It's your money after all, but these things are entirely a gimmick. With the huge delay and bad tracking it's just not possible to use those "seriously".

>insane delay
like, a half second off when you pluck the string, don't exaggerate

Well I've learned basic chords and I'm also doing speed exercises on the guitar, daily.

reverb.com/item/6601319-klon-centaur-professional-overdrive-gold-early-fax-only

Oh yeah, it's ONLY half a second! lol

thank you

never even heard of this before

what purpose would you use these?

are you not capable of working around this delay? you have to be able to adapt to things, make things work instead of just giving up

"We built a shitty pedal with terrible tracking and a ridiculous delay, just work around it :^)"
lolno, they knew exactly what they were doing with this. It's a pure novelty item so it doesn't have to be good. And no, I'm not willing to work around a .5 second delay on everything I play, that's ludicrous.

98% cosmetic
plastic and metal covers can alter the output of the pickups really really slightly

I'm not shitposting? I'm not that good at guitar but the solo in another brick in the wall isn't that hard. Neither is hotel California. I'll give you all along the watchtower because looking back at it, that one is pretty hard for me to play. alright here are some even easier ones.

>smells like teen spirit
>wish you were here
>wonderwall

How delusional can you be. Half a second is a lifetime to a guitar player

you're shitting on a pedal you know is nothing but a novelty

some people use it for the gimmick, knowing it's utter shit
youtube.com/watch?v=PwtSNxxZtVU

but it's up to you if you don't want to goof off with it

Record yourself doing both felder's and Walsh's parts to the hotel California solo. We'll wait.

>you're only lagging an entire beat behind at 120bpm
Yeah, no thanks.

Alright give me a sec

not him but don't rule out the RC-3 with foot switches. the FS-6 is xbox huge and requires a 9volt or power supply but is cheap and easy to clone

>you're shitting on a pedal you know is nothing but a novelty
Yes, I literally said that. Several times.
It was an AMA and I asked that user if he was aware of the delay and tracking issues, then some idiot thought it's "only half a second" and that you should learn to work around it. I stated from the very beginning that the pedal is useless for anything but the novelty, which is why I think it's so cynical that korg just didn't give a fuck about the tracking and delay on this thing.

Waiting

I just find it hard to decide on a looper when I haven't spent some time with it to get used to it. I definitely want a stereo looper because my guitar should go to the guitar amp and the bass to the bass amp, 2 switches just seems to make a lot of sense but it seems like some of the dual pedal loopers just use the second pedal to control other stuff and not the loops themselves.

I've been teaching my friend how to play bass but they don't have one of their own so I wanted to get them one for Christmas
What's the cheapest/best starter option? My budget is kinda limited but also I don't wanna get them something shitty

Well what's your budget?

I don't necessarily have a hard cap on it because I don't know what's realistic for what I'm asking
If I could find something cool for under 50 that would be perfect but I really seriously doubt that's going to happen so I'm open to suggestions

Someone on SSO posted some leaked 2018 Ibanez info. There isn't much yet, some new Iron Label with Fluence pickups and a new AZ. What's interesting is that the AZ has Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups. The specs are in Russian (big surprise) but translation says that there are ten tone options, so it seems like these Hyperion pickups are Duncan's answer to Fluence.

Yeah, I was thinking I would grab one on its reputation but then I saw the price. I'm still considering KTR, Archer and Soul Food.

So far it's not very intuitive at all and has too many modes that don't work if a certain switch is in the wrong place. I use it as a table top looper so it's not too hard to keep track of but i bet it would be frustrating as a floor looper and you accidentally hit the wrong switch South your foot. The worst flaw that ive seen yet is that it abrupbtly cuts off your loop without automatically overdubbing meaning if you're looping with reverb or delay it's going to sound like shit if the reverb trail hasn't finished.

Nah i wouldn't recommend it. For me the DL4 is the perfect looper its just a shame about the extremely short loop time.

Yeah that's probably not gonna happen. Your best bet would probably be a used made in Mexico fender jazz bass but even that will be around 300 at the very least

hi

>Most beginners can't even play barre chords so slim chance of being able to play any of these.
Standards are so low these days.

>Ibanez
i was only interested in the tosin abasi fanned freted
but thats old news the guy announced his own line of fanned freted guitars.

not trying to shill for long and mcquade but if you have one near you they often rent loopers, spend some time with one and see what you think.
they also have good return policy. I have bought shit and tried it out to see if I like it and taken it back many times.

>heres a QTDDIOT
So i have a jazzmaster and the bridge is pure garbage. What alternatives do I have. Could I theoretically replace the bridge with another from a completely different model of guitar.

>made in Mexico fender jazz bass
Good suggestion but I'm not trying to buy them a gigging instrument here
This is someone who really wants to play bass but also has literally never played an instrument before so I'm definitely leaning more towards an off-brand guitar or something like that.
I don't want to get them something that's like, awful but I sorta doubt they'd be able to tell the difference between a MIM Jazz Bass and a reasonable-quality pawn shop bass you feel me

What kind of Jazzmaster is it?
If it's a nicer quality one and/or you expect to keep it for a while get a Staytrem
If it's like a Squier VMJM or something I wouldn't spend that much money and I'd say get a Mustang or a Warmoth bridge instead

then you are entering the world of turdpolish
your fault for buying Squiers

Jazzmasters were well known to have shitty poorly-designed bridges before Squier even touched them retard

this is very true unfortunatley

I think Ibanez will make something similar in the future. There's enough demand. The Abasi model didn't impress me though. Should have been headless at least. But the new Duncan pickups are the most interesting thing here.

why does this sound like a dead sounding home recorded shit

how hard would it be to actually build my own pedals if I can do highschool soldering and electronic engineering

hard because youd have to go outside to buy the parts

no I wouldn't that's what free shipping from china is for

How long will it take to age white nitro lacquer to pic related?

Enjoy being elctrocuted.

Just bathe it in piss daily to get there faster.

Dissemble the guitar and lay it outside for a week or two just to get that perfect UV yellow. hang the guitar outside on a clothesline in the backyard

>exposing your priced Gibson™ to the harsh elements

>9V
>electrocution
Are you stupid or something? Go rub a 9v battery on your tongue and let me know if you die or not.

>being so much of a soyboy you can't deal with 9V DC
literally go lick a battery

Only a Gibbons® is Good Enough™

that's why I say disassemble it you fuck

just arrived from a 4 day trip in the middle of nowhere as masons' helper, i thought it would be a rest for my hand and wrist but actually they're hurting even more and nonstop now

What guitar picks should I buy?

All of them

are 5 string bass guitars just a meme? i want to get one but idk if i should just stick with the ole' 4 stringer.

A meme. What's the point?

>tfw a guitar is like a girl
>you have to get a new one every month because they get boring

>wasting time with roasties

>That thing uses either a dsp or an IC, how exactly do you plan to "fix" its inherent design flaws? Reprogram the chip?
Not him, but I unsolder QFP's all the time and stick them in my in-circuit debugger and mess around with the DSP algorithms on MATLAB all the time. You should hear how good my Digitech RP50 sounds.

>he still hasn't found "the one"
The only thing I'd trade mine for is a crazy 10k+ custom made out of carbon fiber or some shit.

he's trying to make fun of you for using light gauge strings. there isn't anything wrong with using .009s

extended range and more notes in the same position without moving up/down the hard, sticky shaft

why does Gibson not make basses anymore?

>he settled for the "homely" type

LUL

>he constantly has to chase "exotic" sound because he's a shit musician
Enjoy your wall full of display models, I'll be happy with a single guitar until the frets wear down to nothing.

And then I'll spend 300 bucks on the same model again.

This sounds cool and I wish to know more in the form of links to whatever products are necessary to accomplish all this.

but they do

what happened to her chin why is it all wrinkly like that

Early Xmas present, had a telepartscaster put together. Calling it The Doomcaster.
BKP warpig is killer
Piledriver in the neck, it literally sounds like a single coil version of the warpig, it even weirdly sounds like it's in the bridge position even though it isn't. But I guess that's cool in its own way, even though I'm not getting any kind of neck position tones, but I guess I rarely use those anyway.
Sperzel tuners
Warmoth neck

Been jamming Candlemass with it. You are bewiiiiiiiitched!

The better question is why does anyone make 30" scale basses? Who uses those?

I want to build one similar, but with satin paint, HH, ebony board and painted neck/headstock.

I haven't been playing very long, but does this sound nice?

vocaroo.com/i/s0w4UIswQsAT

>I want to build one similar, but with satin paint, HH, ebony board and painted neck/headstock.

>gross cross inlays
no