Will there ever be a franchise as big as those 3?

Will there ever be a franchise as big as those 3?
Which one do you think, if yes?

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/sort/World
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/korinefag /
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/y0Ms5DkJBygPbGyjLpKtkg/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the magic

where is the pasta?

>the magic
WHAT THE FUCK

Give him time. He'll be here. He never fails to show up.

The capeshit

All 3 of those are trash though

I hope this time he relates the pasta to the OC in a funny way.

So you want something as dull as the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>the ring
>the force
>the... uuh... magic?

Hello pasta my old friend

Bigger than all three combined

MCU

LOTR stands triumphant above all since SW is going to shit on their target group and HP will always be remembered as childrens movies / the nerds twilight.

>"the magic"

Harry Potter doesn't deserve to be there. Nowhere near the same quality, significance, epic scale or broad appeal as the other two. Might as well put fucking Twilight, Bayformers or Hunger Games there.

Mahvel

>le magic

Star Wars is the most profitable franchise of all time though

OP here, i agree that SW and Harry Potter are trash, but fuck off contrarian faggot for shitting on LOTR

anyway, it doesnt really matter if they are trash or not, they are still the biggest franchises of all time

not really i'd say, maybe if it was with far less movies and it wasnt devided between DC/Marvel/Fox/whatever, but i dont think at this point(borderline TV series in volume) and with how forgettable most of them are, they could even compete with those 3

Maaybe, the Dark Knight trilogy comes close, but still not really

>Nowhere near the same quality
agreed
>significance
>epic scale
>broad appeal

You are retarded. Just because you dont like Harry Potter and you hang out on a website full of people that talk shit about Potter doesnt mean that the franchise isnt wildly popular, successful, and cemented its status in pop culture.

i don get it

Nah son, you're a dumb fuck.

not an argument

Will Game of Thrones be regarded as the better Fantasy Franchise in 25-50 years?

I feel that it will even if I will die knowing Lotr is better.

You gave none so you get none.

If the Horus Heresy was ever translated into a movie series it'd be

Harry Potter is mediocre
Star Wars is garbage
Lord of the Rings is God tier
Never compare it to those shit

James Bond

thats kinda correct

I don't know, but it will certainly be hard to ever top one of the dullest shitposts in the history of Sup Forums shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ NEETs and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitpost's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta to make fantasy unfantastical, to make witchcraft seem plebeian.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/. Posting the pasta on Sup Forums, he made sure it would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his (You)s. The shitpost might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly anti-intellectual in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are f-funny though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the main text is terrible and the troll jpg isn't much better. As I read, I noticed that every time he shitposts, Quentin writes that "Atlas Shrugged is a God-tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred thousand times. I was incredulous. The shitposter's mind is so governed by spamming and repetition that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of: "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Jesus this really is a board for 14 year olds isn't it

Game of Thrones is just the current popnerd hype garbage that HP and LOTR were during their times. Once its over something else will takes it place

>this youngfag

HP at it's peak was fucking massive. Only tweenyboppers and patricians liked Twilight. Everyone and their gran obsessed over HP.

theeeeere he is

Not him, but LOTR 2 and 3 are really gorgeous films that are so boring and uninteresting you couldn't pay me to watch them again. LOTR 1 is semi interesting but I'll probably never watch it again.

At the end of the day LOTR is just another star wars. Original trilogy is semi decent movies, but there are only made for your nerd shekels

>Lumping Harry Pothead in with those 2 franchises

U wot?

also
>A Song of Ice and Fire

Fite me

The ring and the force are unique concepts from their respective franchises. "Magic" is not unique so it doesn't define the franchise

should've been "the wand"

fucking idiot

Only little kids ever gave any fucks about the HP movies. Even the Matrix trilogy had broader appeal, and even that doesn't deserve to be put up there with LOTR and SW.

except LOTR will be remembered after 50 years and im pretty sure GoT will be forgotten 5 years after its last season

harry potter is shit, but its way better than fucking star wars

Biggest franchises by box offices adjusted for inflation:
the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/sort/World

>way better than star wars

The original trilogy alone makes up for the sins of the prequels. Cant say much about ep7 though because that truly was an abomination.

Harry Potter is shit-tier storytelling. Shit dialogue. Pretty alright acting. And predictable as FUCK. More like Harry Troper.

>The ring and the force are unique concepts from their respective franchises

What a shitty reddit piece of "art".

this
Not the films. HP is a shitty adaptation.

>patricians liked Twilight
You wish

Your response time is much better than Commander, but that's the wrong image title. Still.

What a fucking loser lmao

>DO I FIT IN YET??

no there wont also HP is better than both combined

>encouraging autism

Reminder the korinefag actually wastes his time literally makes a hundred posts a day frantically trying to be contrarian as possible over things he doesnt like, things that are popular. He has to be the saddest poster on the board

Harry potter was the highest grossing franchise ever until MCU had like 14 films. HP is worth 15 billion dollars

>>The ring and the force are unique concepts from their respective franchises
The ring was just a metaphor for nuclear weapons. J.R.R. Tolkein was an anti-nuke guy and just a dove in general

The Force is just psychokinetic powers wrapped in a religion.

This

HP is complete shit, and Star Wars is quickly getting there too

Harry Potter has legitimate kinos. Half of them are actually unironically kino.

OP is correct though these are the only franchises that matter. This board thinks back to the future is good. Lol

Ignore this user, he has absolutely no idea what he's spewing

>poster count didn't go up
So much samefagging, we get it you don't like harry potter go spit your wrists.

>He has to be the saddest poster on the board
true but you come in second place
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/korinefag /

Trips confirm

Hey korinefag stop damage controlling youre the only one who posts 4pleb shit and if you think only one person hasnt noticed how you are a korinefag and called you out on it you truly truly are fucking retarded. Because theres a fucking bingo I got that someone made of your drivel

pathetic
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/y0Ms5DkJBygPbGyjLpKtkg/

Hi korinefag!

The holy trinity of overrated normie flicks

/thread

LoTR is kino

No it really isn't. It's in fact the most overrated thing in existence bar none.

>Most overrated thing
>Not rap music

its not the hobbits thats for sure

nice 'za

I was honestly on topic I meant in the film industry

Well you said "in existence" which is a fairly broad topic tbqhwyf

Also overrated: orgasms. Everyone's in such a hurry to get there. Missing the point?

okay curb your autism, lotr is the most overrated thing in the film industry. this is not a crazy statement

A Clockwork Orange.

Or maybe that Shoah movie; there is no way an 8-hour documentary is immune to criticism.

I rarely see ACO orange discussed as much as Kubricks other works. Besides that I genuinely doubt most people on this board have seen it, at least compared to LOTR. And if I recall it wasn't met with raving reviews and accolades

>what is Dune?

Yes, might not have been invented yet, but yes.

Also, you could add Star Trek to that list, might not be liked by some (neither are those three though) but it's still a massively iconic franchise.

Also James Bond, Marvel Universe, Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers are huge.

Oh come on, Harry Potter is ultra comfy childhood nostalgia.

The Spice.

I agree 4 1/2 kinos and 2 comfy kinos

THE GLOVE

This.
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

>inarritu
top kek

THE KEY

what a mess

It's funny, because I always considered people who go on and on about Harry Potter to be "youngfags".

It's funny that people on Sup Forums almost always suffer from delusions. I was the main demographic and saw 6 of them in theaters when I was in high school and then college. Lots of adults and even old ass people like it

Why is star wars such shit?

kill you'reself

>Lots of adults and even old ass people like it
>I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."

heh

Unlike you user, you're an accomplished person, right?

I think the next big franchise will be The Force Awakens Trilogy

There should be "The Future" with a BTTF panel.

back to the future is so overrated on Sup Forums it isnt even funny anymore

I agree with most of this, but Simon Pegg is a bit of a cunt seeing as he built a career peddling the exact things he's now denouncing.
Also don't blame capitalism for people being plebs, they could always choose to put their money towards other pursuits

All of those guys are trash compactors though

stop telling lies

James Bond, the Marvel Universe, and Crocadile Dundee are the biggest franchises

because of the merchandising. If you only count films... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series