/daily/ - Patrician Christmas Music Edition

It's the [LOSSY CONVERSION OF LONG TO INT]nd of October.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~EmptyVessel
rateyourmusic.com/list/EmptyVessel/_daily-rym-users/
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZSvOY-COmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zySBnlOFCDY
youtube.com/watch?v=j_xXCk-IsXg
open.spotify.com/album/280ujpvHD7BfSt81rjKLKK
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/roedelius/wenn-der-sudwind-weht-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=yuBbGyWSc-c
youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI
youtube.com/watch?v=paAtdiq1Xxs
thequietus.com/articles/23660-albums-of-the-year-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

changed my rym name again btw
rateyourmusic.com/~EmptyVessel
sorry about that

darlene love - christmas (baby pls come hom)
tom waits - christmas card from a hooker in minneapolis
prince - another lonely christmas

or home

more like emptySHELL

more like empty shill

More like empty hell.

yeah

make me

Gib Dub Techno labels to get lost in

more like get lost, punk

also updated this list
rateyourmusic.com/list/EmptyVessel/_daily-rym-users/

deleted everyone who hasn't posted in over 6 months. Feel free to give input

scooter - no time to chill

scooter - no time to chill

its december and i want to play silent hill 2

also give good dubstep recs

give another label as cool as Hemlock. really digged some stuff I heard based on some recs you gave

dub step off of a cliff

uhh Hessle is really similar and shares many artists

oh yea and ~scape is p cool for dub techno its Pole's label, check out Nek Sanalet by Kit Clayton it gud stuff

gottem

pic related, also the original "A very special Christmas"

fuck buttons - tarrot sport had some interesting noises for sure, but they have really bad song structures and boring (if any) transitions. songs will start with a layer that persists until the song ends, and that just feels lazy to me. overall it was just boring, fun noises are just that when not properly arranged. think i'll do that other one that guy mentioned next then i'll prolly start on that little list

Being online is a disease

Fuck Buttons is a band of such pedestrian compositions it’s fucking bewildering to me how they got popular on these pretentious music boards

I don't think people listen to fuck buttons for their composition, it's definitely the building and krautrock-esque stacking of textures that people like, the same way someone would like minimal techno (The Field)

got em

>krautrock-esque
it's literally just trance

Isn't it way too loud for trance, I have no experience with that genre besides repulsion I think 3 years ago

christmas things aren't supposed to make me rock hard, user

What's some classic christmas tunes? Something like youtube.com/watch?v=6ZSvOY-COmQ

Hi mu, i'm looking for new interesting music, i saw on internet that you use to listen a different album daily, what is it? the one of the op pic?
I'm also looking for albums that mix darkness, and quirkyness equally, if it's possible also excesiveness, two examples i can give are sing to god (the cardiacs) and deconstruction (dt project)

i tried the plugdj link, but is not working, what can i do?

yes, we all love Mariah Carey here

plug works fine for me. what browser are u using?
nah the op pic is just some random thing and the "different album daily" is loose and subjective

i'm not into much quirky stuff but some stuff i like that fits the description, maybe not in the way you meant it tho:
The Savage Young Taterbug - Shadow of Marlboro Man
Amos & Sara - Invite to Endless Latino
Coil - Love's Secret Domain
Young Thug - Slime Season 1 (yea)

well i can give them a try, expand my taste is a really important goal, thanks!

i'm using Chrome, let me clean cache or something

youtube.com/watch?v=zySBnlOFCDY

>Ctrl + F
>"Pomplamoose"
>Results: 0

fampais..

did someone say trance
I was super big into trance in the mid to early 2000s, went to an armin only in los angeles on new years eve, and got to meet armin (didn't get a pic with him but i got a pic with his brother who played guitar live). good fucking times.

>Nick Drake - Bryter Layter
I was really out of my element for this one, I had to listen to it a few times before I could form a solid opinion on it. now that I've done that, I can say with certainty that this is comfy. this is comfy and quaint as hell. I really don't listen to organic music like this, so I might be overreacting but goddamn I love this. there's this really warm quality to his voice too, it's simple but quite charming. loving the vocals on At The Chime of a City Clock, there's something about how the vocals and the strings weave together during the chorus that just makes me grin like a big dumb nerd. my favorite track is definitely the title track, Bryter Layter. I've never heard this song before but it's weirdly nostalgic; it reminds me of when our family would drive up to oregon for summer vacation to visit my aunt and cousins. overall, this was a great listen.

It's your turn for the listenalong, Accel

nikc darke byrterr laettrrr

scooter age of love

good stuff

Good stuff

Pick something we’ve all heard. Like bryter layter

scooter no time to chill

what'st you mean that same one crunch did

DESIST

We scheduled one a couple weeks ago
So far, only Ethical Lad and crunch have done it

im surprised it's still "going"

jesus

I like how most people had Christmas names at the start of the month but nobody does now that the date of western Christmas is almost here

Have we ever had a listenalong that went smoothly?

yea like almost all of the kanzler ones

:{

alright m8s
no avant shit here, just a 1981 electronic space journey

>Roedelius - Wenn der Südwind weht
>Ambient, Progressive Electronic

YT: youtube.com/watch?v=j_xXCk-IsXg

open.spotify.com/album/280ujpvHD7BfSt81rjKLKK

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/roedelius/wenn-der-sudwind-weht-1/

I'll nab it off of slsk if you need a dl

i feel bad for shitting on his taste still :(

transgod's listenalong where he picked random shit released within the last few days also went fairly well until he gave up on it. Maybe the sayings about Germans are true?

i don't think anyone got his taste
well i didn't

i assumed it was just "alt" rock
i can't get over Placebo - Meds that was my first /daily/ betrayal

idk i couldn't sum him up in one sentence
unlike you mr >>progressive

hehe ok mr jimmy [[jazz]]

yeah i wanna actually pull through with them next year, but i wasnt really sure what i wanted to do and so it got a bit chaotic

that album has no bad song

already heard it its pretty nice. most beautiful roedelius work despite not being his most interesting or innovative work.

i disagree
Any recommendations of what else to hear from him?

youtube.com/watch?v=yuBbGyWSc-c

STOP

it has a few meh ones and it's no Battle For the Sun but i disagree with your disagreement

>Any recommendations of what else to hear from him?
well personally havent heard that many of his solo. obviously listen to all the 70s cluster and harmonia records.

dieter mobius has the far more interesting discography outside of the work with his main collaboratot.

The core of my taste includes

Prog Rock
Avant Metal
Rock Opera
Cabaret

What i have left?

Sporkcore
Electro-Swing
Mallgoth
Fedoracore

Sporkcore and Mallgoth are the same mate
Fedorawave > Fedoracore

Not sure about electro swing, i saw an electroswing dark cabaret album and seems promising, i might check more of the genre, maaaybe

ah ok
I honestly don't like much krautrock in my prog electronic, I can't explain why besides it making the music sound bitter and gritty. pic related was a cool sax + synth jazzy collab I tried randomly from his discog

Just so you guys know, the Christmas album put out by our very own Nat "King" Cole is pretty good

>tfw tomorrow it will have been one year since he died
I still have the sticky in my bookmarks.
youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

;_____________________;

electro swing's p fun you should

i thought it would be better to get into swing first, but let's see, gonna check your ratings

nah it should be the other way round imo, first you get into electroswing then the old stuff. idt ive rated anything

merry christmas

source of this?

guys I think Yo La Tengo is slowly becoming my favorite rock band, how do I stop this decent into plebism?

Go on Discogs, go to "Newest Additions" of the Releases section, and listen to the first album on there you can find on Soulseek

by listening to the band theyre ripping off, Air Supply

by listening to big star

youtube.com/watch?v=paAtdiq1Xxs

dubstep in front of a bus heyoooo
what should I listen to next

I'M FINNA NUT

:0

same
after I posted that I realized that 8 was a better rating

:)

>thequietus.com/articles/23660-albums-of-the-year-2017

lads

better than DAMN and FJM

>control + F
>"ASYNC"
>67
>close window

Absolutely based Quietus

Good morning /daily/!

Got an email about some radio audition bullshit after someone stumbled onto my music. Do other /daily/ musicians receive shit like this?

blood just went straight to my dick

back when I was doing space ambient type stuff I got one of those emails where this promoter was gonna get me a spot to play a live set but I had to sell the tickets myself and had to pay for the spot
I simply emailed him back "you haven't heard my music have you" and never got a response

slime season 1 sucks but those other albums are great (thanks for actually picking a good coil album)

i need more spastic bloop recs but remember tempo =/= energy

wow that's lame

You are one of the best rated artists in Tajik history, you know

you two aren't the same person?

I know! weird shit

>10+ more albums on my wishlist because of Quietus and Boomkat 2017 charts
Excited