ITT: Only Right Opinions

The Saturation trilogy is objectively better than boring indie shit like Swans or weird noise shit like Death Grips

>Opinions
>objectively
heh

Swans and Death Grips are garbage but so his Brockhampton

Hip-hop albums are fucking meme cycles now, nothing interesting or original, pure mediocrity in every respect. Production, lyrics, beats, whatever.

So much of hip-hop is not only bad but incredibly obnoxious. Give me Swans and their (his?) garbage because it doesn't make me want to put a drill through my head to make the shit stop.

Well atleast you found a way to feel superior to all of them

Boogie is a very good song

The entire 3rd album is excellent

indeed

>ITT B8

I get their appeal, aesthetic over substance. Just not for me

I'm 32, but most people here are 16-22, I'm not gonna pretend like it's their fault for liking it, it was literally designed for them

You can't really compare different genres. Brockhamton is really good, but so are Death Grips

Only hipster faggots like the bands listed above

Y’all let the melon influence your opinions too much.

What bands do you even like.
You're kind of old to still be into music don't you think?

>only faggots like Brockhampton
>only hipsters like Swans and Death Grips
I can agree to that.

>You're kind of old to still be into music don't you think?
>
>
>
>

holy fuck I really should leave this website
I'm not even the guy you replied to btw

It's OP. Why should I leave??

brockhampton makes music for white girls who put their pro nouns in their twitter bio and speak in ebonics

Y'all be wylin with your racist shit

dis nigga be trippin

There's too many losers on this board to realize this OP, I'm sorry. Can we talk about how good of a song BLEACH is though?

Funny how it's so obvious when its a white person trying to mimic how black people speak. Ion get these niggas

I don't think that was the point of his post you mong

Bleach is amazing, but I think SISTER/NATION is the best, weirdest track

BROCKHAMPTON has good cuts but their work is extremely inconsistent. JOHNNY completely outshines the rest of the tracks on III, and the trilogy has a whole lot of energy without coming full circle, basically full throttle with no substance.

You can tell half decent ideas are there, but their methods of translating them into content really do not create chemistry between the members. A few members are considerably more favorable when it comes their time to deliver vocals. They establish decent atmosphere on some tracks and then throw it all away either immediately or in another track. Really, a lot of their output has been disappointing.

Death grips is literally the best sound of the decade. Still, sat trilogy is p nice

I was completely unimpressed by the first two and haven't listened to the third.

Wrong

Right

Probably

Yes, but also other people.

All those bands are good. Lurk more

Your favorite band is shit.

look at you with your big boy pants and your big boy words..."objectively" wow now thats a big one, be carefull there champ

i enjoy brockhampton but holy shit, get your head out of your ass.

Yes

The Beatles aren't shit

I honestly don't know why Brockhampton is praised so much. They do have a few bangers, but often they just have a boring, bland beat with standard phrases on top of them, standard rhyme schemes and no really interesting topics. The autotune is atrocious and they bring nothing else to the table other than "them working well together".

Boring indie shit is Real Estate and Anohni and Mac Demarco and every not-black/hip-hop p4k top pick, Swans is edgy pretentious stuff (which is actually good in this case) and the unintelligible shit from Death Grips is at least interesting from sonic perspective and is a better direction than the majority of music right now.
That said I haven’t been super about what little I’ve heard but I can’t say anything about brockhampton as I haven’t checked it or yet.

*And DIIV

>I'm 32, but most people here are 16-22, I'm not gonna pretend like it's their fault for liking it, it was literally designed for them
lmao this sounded so smug.

don't give yourself too much credit, most popular music isn't exactly deep in a substancially different way from those albums

but fantano praises swans and death grips as well as brockhampton and people are shitting some and defending the others

is everyone in brockhampton a fag or just that one guy who thinks saying "im gay" in every verse makes him quirky

I liked the Saturation albums but they're just fun dumb albums. Nothing special aside from the youthful energy they have, along with good production. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in what they do next, but they're not as good as Swans or DG.

All 3 Saturations are the top 3 best albums of the 2010s. I sincerely believe that. Everything goes right on these albums, so much creativity and talent and it's just so culturally relevant. It speaks to this generation and it's artistically advancing hip hop both sonically and lyrically. Brockhampton are going to be our generation's Public Enemy or NWA or some shit, a group of leaders of a complete paradigm shift in hip hop. When they go solo, each rapper is going to be the top in the game. BH birthed a new movement in hip hop, a new phase.

haha they're called the BEATles because John BEAT his wife and Paul BEAT his life expectancy and Ringo BEAT the drums and George BEAT his meat

Is this the new ebin pasta

kek

II > III > I

No. I sincerely believe that. They're unleashing a new era of hip hop, one that is more willing to push the boundaries production wise into unfamiliar territory, and lyrical content that is freed from the traditional machismo street life that has characterized hip hop into a more sensitive, artistic, modern, introspective mode. Brockhampton are empowering millions of LGBTQ individuals to get into hip hop and rap about the challenges they face daily unique to them. Brockhampton are willing to experiment production wise and do something different with the group dynamic, bouncing off each other's ideas to create something revolutionary. This is the kind of thing that is perfect for the internet age, the woke age, the age of progress. A group like this COULD NOT exist in the 90s or early 2000s. It's music for the here and now and the future. If you can't see how exciting this is, you might not be a music fan.

Mac DeMarco is better than mu says but not as good as normies make him out to be

This

>Y'all
Please just leave

/r/indieheads and /r/hiphopheads nigger tourists are not welcome here. Please go

Love the BH boys they got the sauce

Wrong
Brockhampton is unbearably average with two exceptions, one of which is Correct
Correct

im a huge hip-hop fan and honestly the saturation trilogy is pretty forgettable. good production/hooks can only carry you so far in this genre, they really should have worked on making 1 concise album with all the best songs they've made, rather than pump out 3 projects in one year. their songwriting skills (outside of hooks) havent shown a tiny bit of improvement yet

LOL!

found the guy who just started listening to hip hop this year. this has to be bait

J Cole is average. G Eazy is average. Logic is average.

Now tell me, how does Brockhampton compare to those three?

On another level. So much better it's not even funny.

Brockhampton is the most reddit thing i've ever seen/heard

some of their lines can be j cole level of cringe but at least brockhampton has good producers carrying the fuck out of them and making their songs sound interesting

Brockhampton are the future of hip hop so get fucking used to it hater. People who clown on them or criticize never gave them a proper listen or understand the context in which this stuff is coming out. This is the hip hop we NEED in the Trump era, the post-internet era. They're showing it's OK to be gay, it's OK to be colored, it's OK to be loud and proud and pursue creative paths instead of being a stuffy stem/business major. But most of all, it's OK to be yourself and try new things. And that's what Brockhampton says to me, as a gay latinx person living in America struggling to find his identity right now.

>le using reddit as an adjective meme
>le reddit=bad meme
>this is so reddit amirite guys xDDDDDDD

I love Brockhampton and I hate most rap artists, but they're pretty special desu.

you must really enjoy shitposting to have gotten this good at it

This guy is a fucking master
This b8 hits every hot button topic somehow and it all ties together. We are in the presence of a post-post-ironic shitposting god.

this post is the most reddit thing i've ever seen

You're the most 9gag person I've ever seen. Check and mate.

>brockhampton has good producers carrying the fuck out of them

they produce their own shit retard

why do people talk about things they know nothing about

damn

shit, your rhetorical skills got me again

Because they're homophobes wanting to discredit the best group out right now. They don't like the fact hip hop now belongs to the queer community.

"werid noise shit"

i think he's more of an ifunny person

that is what I mean, their producers (the members of brockhampton who produce the music) carry the fuck out of main members (the members of brockhampton who contribute via rapping). its probably because all the members of brockhampton who cover production are white people who actually know what sounds good

Dude...not even true at all tf get out racist

>its probably because all the members of brockhampton who cover production are white people who actually know what sounds good

Excuse me but hip hop belongs to everyone.
The rapping is the best part tho

it's at least better than every trap pleb saying "yo this Lil Uzi Vert beat is FIRE" and not even realizing it was made by some dude nobody has heard of and Uzi just hopped on it and went "NYYYYYYYAHERRBIDURRMNYAGAAA SWAG"

brockhampton has nothing to do with swans lmao what the fuck weirdo

Dont even dare compare Brockhampton to that fucking rapist swans

Can we have a serious discussion about Saturation? What's your favorite of the trilogy? II > III > 1

II > III > I

II > III > I

>serious discussion

Swans are in the top ten greatest rock bands of all time and Death Grips are the most innovative artist of the decade. Anyone who disagrees is a soyboy who praises Grimes. Also, if Swans included Jarboe in their new albums it would probably be the greatest album trilogy of all time.

This but ironically. Seeing a group racially and sexually diverse people with a bright friendship is literally kryptonite to the rising alt right.

I can't even get through the first song on Saturation 3 it's so bad

Maybe I got it all out of my system when I was really into Odd Future 6 years ago

to be fair the first two songs of Sat 3 are terrible. they dont know how to make good intros

dude yr too old for this shithole

literally the opening tracks are some of the best of each album. Gummy is one of the best songs on Sat 2 and it's debatable that Boogie is the best song on Sat 3.

>the members of bh who cover production are white people
not true btw

I'm on that Brockhampton train boys

Damn they're tite

i've been bumping these guys all year and yall just hopped on the bandwagon because melonhead gave it a good score lmoa

This band fucking sucks. Seriously. I don't get the hype. It's just generic rap.

You're trying too hard, same one.

It sounds like you're just another heteronormative hip-hop fan denying the fact that it's currently being pioneered by the LGBT community. You better be prepared for a cold awakening when the realization finally hits you.

its actually 1, then 2, then 3

Everytime I see a thread praising these amateur meme rappers I think to myself, "Sup Forums's lost the plot."
But then I see posts like this and remember it's all ironic shitposting.

you cant be serious

>Trump era
>post-internet era
>it's OK to be gay, it's OK to be colored
>me, as a gay latinx person living in America struggling to find his identity right now
PLEASE be b8, holy shit