JOHN WICK Director To Helm HIGHLANDER Remake

>JOHN WICK co-director Chad Stahelski has been tapped by Lionsgate to direct the upcoming remake of the 1986 cult classic HIGHLANDER, which they believe could become their next big franchise.

>The project had previously attached Justin Lin, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Cedric Nicolas-Troyan as directors, and is now looking for writers to work with Stahelski in mapping out the movie's story.

>In the past, Ryan Reynolds, Tom Cruise and Dave Bautista were linked to the lead roles of Connor MacLeod, Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez and The Kurgan, respectively, but there's no word on whether they remain on the studio's radar for Stahelski's vision of the film.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-wick-director-chad-stahelski-tackling-highlander-reboot-949693

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qmUrHr9UvMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Tom Cruise as a gay spanish pirate
count me in familia

I've lost all hope for that remake to ever come out.

Highlander is my favorite movie of all time, so I'm glad.

movies saved by the soundtrack general?

>Chad Stahelski in charge of Highlander
>David Leitch in charge of Deadpool
>John Wick 2 coming out soon
Are we entering a new era of Actionkino?

Highlander is an amazing movie, with or without it's soundtrack.

Fuck off, it's not nostalgia.

The original could have been a GOAT film if they didn't cast someone who couldn't speak English in the lead role

the movie looks ugly and Lambert is fucking terrible, Queen and Connery saved the movie

You forgot Clancy Brown, the majority of his dialogue is ad-libbed even

Always loved how weird Lambert is in this movie.

I know that it's because he barely spoke english at a time, but I always thought that somebody who lived for 500 years would act like an alien.

And his accent is handwaved with "Lots of different places" line.

I love this movie so much.

>Trenchcoats and katans will never ever be cool again.

you'd have the same issue if they cast an actual scotsman

On that note, Gerard Butler is a no-brainer as Mccleod

Does Gerard Butler have any star power anymore? Seems to me he's just been in those x has fallen movies lately. Do those make money? I've never seen them.

Pretty much a cheap action guy who'll do anything

yes I forgot based Clancy Brown

I guess he'd be alright, I find him pretty dull though. He has just a little bit more charisma than somebody like Sam Worthington. Just boring dudes imo, they need somebody with some flair for at least one of these roles.

I hope the remake is a combination of the first and second Highlanders.

I want to see futuristic sky boarding mixed with sword fights.

Will they be remaking the sequel?

Weren't they going to direct a meme movie with Chris Pratt?

It wouldn't be the same without Connery stopping a big metal fan with his hand.

>Juan Carlos Fresnadillo

top kek that fucking retard rejected a lot of fucking hollywood offers, from Bioshock to this, and ended directing a shit movie called Intruders since 28 Weeks Later.

He's worse than Rodrigo Cortés

ywn concentrate all of your life energy into one single moment

just incase people haven't seen it...
youtube.com/watch?v=qmUrHr9UvMo

>no Chris Lambert

The bagpipes

Is that Lindsay Ellis?

Yes.

kek, is there more?

This should have been made about 10 years ago with Ewan MacGregor as MacCloud and Liam Neeson as Ramirez.

why the fuck do they keep trying to make movies? It worked much better as a TV show. You can literally have episodes about any point in history and any setting.