British musicians

Why and how do the Bongs have the best musicians in the world? Literally name a another country that has put out better music than them

>The Beatles
>Adele
>Ed Sheeran
>Sam Smith
>Mick Jagger
>Keith Richards
>Sting
>Pink Floyd
>Jimmy Page
>Ozzy Osbourne
>Billy Idol
>Freddie Mercury
>Phil Collins
>Slash
>Calvin Harris

the list goes on.

>Adele
>Ed Sheeran
>Sam Smith
>Calvin Harris

Even if you don't like them, they're still the most popular artists today

Kinks is so underrated, Arthur is one of my favourite albums

Overrated as hell desu.
The Beatles suck dick btw.

dont forget lostprophets

>Pick exactly and only the ones that are mainstream today

contrarian edgy teenager spotted

t.musically retarded

The songs those singers shit out are so fucking bland and talentless it hurts and the majority of them don't even write their own songs.

The other singers the OP listed at least made creative and different things.

Being the most popular is not being the best. Worldwide popularity of British music is due to Anglo dominance in the media post ww2, thanks to USA.

If you look for the most important musicians prior to mass media, you'll hardly find any English speaking person, but loads of German, French and Italian people.

Same story for the older singers, singing about love for pop songs and wild & free theme for rock songs, all the same. Adele and Ed Sheeran can actually sing, no? Also Ed Sheeran doesn't seem like someone who doesn't write his own songs.

>no Joy Division
>no Radiohead
>no Pink Floyd
>no Stone Roses
>no Chameleons
>no Bowie
>no PJ Harvey
>no Deviants
>no This Heat
>no Killing Joke
>no Autechre
>no Aphex Twin
>no 808 State
>no Iron Maiden
>no Led Zeppelin
>no Kate Bush
>no Gang of Four
>no LFO
shit list tbqh

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved. In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history

>Prodigy not mentioned

O deary deary me

I agree with the themes though I feel like pop music is ALL about love these days whereas there seemed to be a bit more variation with the older singers but musically they were a lot mroe creative, often played instruments and the instrumentation was decent. These days you just need a simple slightly catchy melody for the chorus and the rest is filler, just there to lead up to the chorus, and the lyrics are just some shit like 'baby baby yeah oh come on baby'.

Adele has a very boring voice, she can sing but it's nothing interesting, she's only famous because of her one catchy song she did and now everyone worships the fat bitch. Ed Sheeran does seem like someone who writes his own stuff but still does generic music.

I'm a very musical person, always been gifted with it, play bass guitar and keyboard along with some other instruments and learn new ones really quickly but fucking hell I feel like music is everywhere now to the point where your desensitised to it and it's just background noise, especially how shit modern music especially pop is.

>freddie mercury

Kek

>ywn take Ian Curtis by the hand

>Adele
>Ed Sheeran
>Sam Smith
but those are shit
ps: George Harrison is the only good beatle

the list can go on and on
OP got lazy i guess

>and Ed Sheeran can actually sing
you don't really believe this do you?
this has to be a troll

>tfw shitpost about their fallen empire and le brexit meme 24/7 while listening to 90% brit music

I love my life so much

But does the UK have Kayne?

>Shania Twain
>Celine Dion
>Drake
>Leonard Cohen
>Joni Mitchell
>Neil Young
>Arcade Fire
>Alanis Morissette
>Justin Bieber
>Rush