WTF happened

In the 90s you could have a female lead character in a film and it wasn't cringe worthy as fuck . what the fuck happened ?

Arrival

They weren't trying to "prove" anything

This.

haven't seen it yet is it really as good as everyone on tv is saying ?

No, but it is good.

Zemeckis is GOAT.

We just need more lesbians pretending to be straight.

Their actions used to show how strong they are now they're just saying the same things over and over instead of showing us.

not so long ago nobody cared when black guys played white characters

Oh hey's it's Arnold

Because they were believable characters with flaws and human emotion and struggled when challenges were thrown their way but succeeded due to strength and resilience.

Women characters today are "strong because I am a woman"
Women characters back then were "strong because I'm personally motivated, up to the challenge and work hard"

Old school women protagonists possessed personal traits that would be desirable in any human, regardless of gender, and they were flawed enough to be relateable to every day people

Because they were better at acting.

I reckon most female leads today either get cast because they are just that, female and famous.

Granted, its hard to get to Jodie Fosters level since she is a fantastic actor and that but I know what you mean.

/thread

*Bernard

*bernaldo

They were allowed to be women instead of being carbon copies of men through fear of any vulnerability being perceived as a stereotype of a weak women.

putting retards in charge

Hai guise! Member me?

this

The family unit fell apart.

i don't want to get old

just get some botox and dermal fillers

You became a sperg, but your nostalgia doesn't let your dislike the old ones.

and look like this?

> On Cardassia, advanced age is seen as a sign of power and dignity.

SPBP

it doesnt look like anything to me

Because back then they treated them just like a person and not a special snowflake.
Now a days when ever they cast a female they usually have another announcement usually to the line of "That's right we casted a FEMALE as *enter job here* we wanted to show everyone that a woman can *enter the description of the job here."

>mfw I will never get to be rewarded for being an evil bastard in the cardassian millitary

It's almost as though the lead of a movie doesn't matter if they're an excellent actor/actress.

Eg. Idris Elba

That and no blatant anti establishment agenda pushed at every corner.

Maaaan I really want to correct-rape that bitch

"Hollywood" and "Womens Rights"
"Equal Pay" and "Diversity"

Shit was pretty cringey in the 90's as well but at least it was fun or well written enough for it to make sense

Case in point Sarah Connor played by Lisa Hamilton was fucking amazing in both T1 and T2

Now we have a THIC QT running around who cant act its absolutely bonereific but ultimately unrealistic and lazy.

this
h
i
s

That would be pretty cool. Though, I'm a Section 31 man, myself.

Because Hollywood Screenwriters are significantly worse than in the 90s

I thought the thumbnail was shaggy before clicking on it

Kys Amy Adams is dogshit

I know that fear too well. I turn 31 in 2 days. The fear is real.

Huh

Can't say it better than that.

Unironically this.

There are themes of feminity and motherhood laced throughout it but it isn't dependent on her being a woman.

She is the best linguist in the world who just so happens to be female. Her character arc is expanded upon based on just that: her character. There is no forced agenda and the moral of the film is sound.

It simply is a great film, which is why SJWs aren't talking about it. Because they can't self-insert or complain about it like usual.

Thanks Stu.

couldnt have said better

This was one of the worst films I've seen all year. Once again Sup Forums is proving why nobody takes this hellhole seriously