Is this the best film of the 2000's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ARrUGH2u_Uo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First saw it in like 2011 with my gf as a teenager, i swear to god it has mirrored and even shaped my life to a retarded extent

such a good goddamn movie, I'm sad it's not my secret little club now that it's been on netflix for a few years

That's weird, I don't remember that scene from Inception.

>stupid psuedo shit liked by mexicans on letterboxd
nope

>best film between 2000-3000

I think you're being a bit too forward there, OP.

>when you nut and she's still sucking

No.

What's pseudo about it?

DEM ANDROID TIDDEYS
>LIFELIKE TEXTURE

IT WAS DECE

SOME GOOD SHOTS

lol nah, *best film of all time

idk wtf that is, but have you seen it?

HELL YEA DECE AF

name of movies please

Just admit it.

All the physics are wrong and were known to be wrong before the movie was even written.

That's the second best

>Best movie of the 2000s

THAT'S what you took away from a film about the multitude of paths life and love can take you? Jesus fucking christ.

>ask question
>get answer
>get angry

Besides, when you frame that crap in misunderstood regurgitated quantum mysticism, you undermine the entire message.

Not to mention the huge part of the narrative that was "LOL WEATHERMEN ARE WRONG!!"

I'm angry that in a film about the different paths life can take you're focused on the other shit that just serves what is ostensibly flavor text.

>Not to mention the huge part of the narrative that was "LOL WEATHERMEN ARE WRONG!!"

Running gag.

>central justifying ideas for entire movie

>flavor text

... so basically you know its wrong/stupid as well, but you just ignored it because the juno temple body double was more underage than juno temple was.

yes

Mr. Nobody

I didn't enjoy it at all when it first came out and my friend recommended it to me.
Seemed cheap.

>central justifying ideas for entire movie
>flavor text

Yes. If you cannot separate which movies serve as vehicles for relaying a message and which movies are purely entertainment, then you are not watching movies the right way. Full stop. If you want an example of a film where this stuff matters, and does it wrong, look no further than Interstellar.

>... so basically you know its wrong/stupid as well

No it's that those things do not matter in the grand scheme of what the film is trying to convey.

youtube.com/watch?v=ARrUGH2u_Uo

Ah, being capable of recognizing and vocalizing flaws with movies [(you) like] means you're watching movies wrong.

That's really swell, bro.

Thanks man. I'll be here all week schooling nerds like you while you're caring about shit that doesn't matter.

>call it favor text
>the flavor in this instance is shit
>this doesn't make the movie shitty

... just to approach it from a different direction.

I think society has agreed that this is the best/most significant movie of the 00's

>caring about shit that doesn't matter.
like a movie?

>yfw you're in a perpetual sate of zugszwang

Having no idea what that picture is from, why was I able to immediately tell that it's a young guy in old guy makeup?

Why is oldface so hard to do convincingly?

Because real old people sort of deflate as capillaries burst and skin sags as a result of cellular degradation, and "oldface" makeup is adding firm and pliant latex to an actor's face.

This movie is actual garbage, and it's way too self-important. Although it is moderately well shot, and Jared Leto is alright.

It's literally pretentious. I don't think it was a bad movie at all. It was serviceable. It's just one of those things, like Donnie Darko, The Zero Theorem, The Man From Earth, and (for a vidya example) Braid, that becomes a bit irksome due to a discrepancy between how smart it is and how smart it thinks it is. It's people touching on entry-level facets of actually interesting concepts and then presenting themselves like they are creating something transcendental.

Rubber is actually a way smarter and less pretentious movie than any I've listed above, but people complain about it being pretentious because of how absurd the concept and (relatively) subtle the message is.

I actually wouldn't call the theatrical cut of Donnie Darko pretentious, but that's because the editor decided to cut out almost all the explanation to give it a knockoff Lynch vibe, which is the only reason the movie is actually pretty good. The director's cut is fucking stupid and pretentious because he tries to explain everything and the more explains, the less sense it makes. That editor should have won an Oscar, he turned a 3 or 4/10 into a 7 or 8/10.

i feel dude, every choice I make seems to be the bad one but then I think about how nothing is real or matters and it's kinda cathartic, still wish I was living out this existence in opulence with material wealth and pretty bitches on my dick tho

eh i kinda agree, the "philosophy" presented is entry level as fuck but it's one of a kind in presenting it in an aesthetically pleasing and nice-to-watch manner

protip: it's a really good movie to watch with a girl then fuck each others brains out because it really seems to clarify some basic absurdist concepts for normies

whoops lol meant to reply to