VINCE STAPLES STOLE FROM SWEET TRIP

In the last 30 seconds of Design : 1, you can undoubtedly hear the similarity of the bassline to Vince's song Big Fish. Listen for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=kFZCnKbmAaU
youtube.com/watch?v=0l9kzS_B7gg

And Sweet Trip stole from Megadeath. Such is the way of the world.

There's less similarity than you think

Vince's track is a banger. Sweet Trip's isn't. Vince wins.

Both of you are complete pinheads.
Vince sampled the bassline, while sweet trip probably ripped the bassline from somewhere else. It's called inspiration, hell, I have more respect for Vince because he clearly has good taste and is well influenced.

vince staples confirmed a Sup Forumstant?

>sweet trip
>good taste

kys

lmao you're dumb as hell. Nowhere near it bruv

>doesn't know what sampling is

If true, good for vince. Always hope what an artist is sampling is itself good. We don't need anymore obvious shit sampling (eg. pitbull)

I was listening to that just now

This is probably going to blow your mind, but there is this practice in hip-hop called "sampling" which is where producers take components of already existing songs and create a beat surrounding them

mfw

VCD is my favorite album and no, the Vince Staples track doesn't even have a close bassline to Design : 1.

by that logic, the nig who stole your bike as a kid was just sampling it. fucking brainlets

Depsite the fact that this is obviously bait, let me explain to you the difference between sampling and stealing. When you steal something, you take it from somebody and they no longer have it. When you sample somebody, their work is still intact, however you now have a small snippet of their work to use as for your own purposes. If it abides copyright law, then you don't have to pay royalties. Something as small as the RHYTHM of a bass line is fine to use, not to mention both bass lines are in a completely different key. So you'd be hard pressed to call it sampling to begin with.

retard

They really aren't similar. Just because it's acending and they both almost share a melody, that being the root, the major second and a perfect fifth (Big Fish has a an extra note, a perfect fourth, in between those two) does not make it similar. Do you know how much music has this exact melody in it? It's everywhere, it's a just four ascending notes of a minor pentatonic scale.

I fucking suck at theory and I determined this after picking up my guitar for one minute. Your neanderthal ears heard bleep bloop synth bass and called it a day, ala Marvin Gaye's family members.

And Sweet Trip stole their entire style from Stereolab, what’s your point?

>Sweet Trip stole from Megadeath

Please explain? Please?

ty