youtu.be/zyejHXGyFco
youtu.be/ehS4lR6ZO5I
youtu.be/qkSzYmjWYjE
youtube.com/watch?v=m_SK1Gn63f0
youtube.com/watch?v=w4TkpQJmXEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post rock

>metal in general
The only metal I tend to like is doom metal, and even then it’s not a lot. Black Sabbath’s first 6 albums kind of perfected metal.

Surface level genre-dippers need to get shot

Not our fault their are several genres that were defined by two or three albums better than 90% of the other work in the genre

Plebs get out

I agree that all of these albums are great but listen beyond the mu essentials chart before you write entire genres off. Cmon boys.

Black metal isn't one of those genres

BAM
*gets shot for whining

>spoon feed me taste

Black metal isn’t but shoegaze and post rock are (or at least second wave post rock is)

die bastard BM is the true light

See

Man I tried. I listened to like 10 other entry level black metal albums and I couldn't get into them

Same here, the 3 first songs on this are very good, esp his insane story of recording this with the shittiest equip possible. 90% of the rest of the genre is generally over produced shit or straight up nostalgic junk.

Power-pop

Grime

Filosofem was very experimental though, who's doing experimental BM these days without reveling in nostaliga or trying to make money?

Blackened noise

Honestly as a metalhead, if you really want to 'get' it I'd go to a show.

That's when I clicked for me, particularly harsh vocals. Like once you see it, the aesthetic of the music necessitates harsh guitar and harsh vocals. It's supposed to be hardened and depraved ya know?

If you're into it though you should just not care desu. But if the ambient elements of burzum appeal to you then maybe that's the route you should go. Atmo BM and sludge idk

Hardcore punk

Would also accept Black Flag’s Nervouse Breakdown but that’s an EP

>speaking of Ian Mackaye's DISCORD records mid 80s emo releases

Emo

Nomeansno - Sex Mad
This album's 1986 release, which was categorized as 'emotive hardcore' back then.
youtube.com/watch?v=JP9GNkn-6ZE

Could never listen to anything else in the genre

Christian Music

When I was doing time as a kid for selling dope they only allowed certain music, and this album (Bushwick Bill of ex Geto Boys fame) was one of the few allowed in the prison somehow. We used to always do pullups to this song and I still do. Can't imagine I'll ever listen to another Christian Album youtu.be/NMSox89CpWw

here are some more
youtu.be/KxgqPH6KPr8
youtu.be/2-E1EYZB95A
youtu.be/zyejHXGyFco
youtu.be/ehS4lR6ZO5I
youtu.be/qkSzYmjWYjE

To be fair this doesn't sound like most black metal and isn't quite representative of what was going on with the genre in the '90s. Its way more ambient and atmospheric than that.

Can someone recommend me some other black metal that isn't homogenous as fuck? I've had a hard time finding anything else that stands out

Pure black metal isn't my thing, but I like bands that incorporate black metal and do different things with it. Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain is a great album.

Have you tried weird fetus baby album?

Ignore this i thought you were talking about post rock

Most of one man bm stuff is p experimental desu my dude

also burzum is gay af squad

>rap

Which is exactly why it speaks to people outside of the genre.

Bathory, the first 4-5 albums.

I don’t really like drone, but this album I can dig

actually this might work as well

Burzum is the only good musician in black metal

U2 are the only good post-punk band

Anti black metal*

Weakling - dead as dreams (epic, long, harsh vocals, really great songwriting and riffs)

Darkthrone - first three albums are just necessary idc if you think they are boring or homogeneous. You're an idiot, these pioneer the sound and likely perfected it.

ulver - bergtatt if your a pussy indie boy who needs shoegaze elements to keep you interested then go to Nattens madrigal for the real deal

Vlad Tepes - Drink the Poetry of the celtic disciple, this will help you understand 'kult' bm while maintaing a great melody and strong songwriting. Bonus points if you listen to Codeine's drummer Chris Brokaw's acoustic version. ALSO proof that respected musicians and people outside of bm really respect the kind of expression it provides and its unique quality in that regard.

Peste Noire - La sanie, this album really is melodically so interesting yet similar to raw bm. amazing vocals and creative flourishes in the form of samples and medieval french stuff.

Paysage dhiver - Das Tor, i listen to this in full while reading as its heavily ambient yet if you lull into his whirling maelstrom of frost and hate you will then be greeted with some very well placed traditional bm riffs and epic swells, good vocals.

Leviathan - Unfailing fall into naught, for the most part fuck leviathan lol but this song is so damn good and really is a culmination of all things he tries to do but kinda fucks up. so if you like this then look further into him.

isengard - Hotsmorke or Vinterskugge, its fenriz doing what he fucking wants and excelling. what more do you need.

stop being a pussy and enjoy one of the most powerful and emotive genres that can still make a giant bathory style sliding riff break your neck in the middle of atavistic revivification of the deepest traditional senses of purpose and pride. Seek within and find hate. also listen to other burzum albums you prole, you absolute knave.

If you want to try a recent album that was utterly sublime, here's The Dreaming I by Akhlys. The first two tracks are exceptional.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_SK1Gn63f0

If you're open to symphonic BM, Drudenhaus by Anorexia Nervosa essential.

youtube.com/watch?v=w4TkpQJmXEw

just listen to odd future stuff

Haha poop

Have you listened to Altar by Sunn O))) and Boris?

Maybe if you're a pleb who doesn't delve into the genre at all.

Jesus. Christ. I could imagine how you smell.

Have you listened to Reagan Youth?

Hip Hop

>hating genres
None of you are real music lovers, get out plebians. Real patricians like appreciate every genre.

Find me ONE good album, no, one good SONG that is of the genre Crunkcore.

no, should I?

i like this album, but i'm not even sure i'd classify it as black metal desu. i can't get into metal at all aside from this album.

>i like this album, but i'm not even sure i'd classify it as black metal
Now you're either casting a bait, or don't want to admit you might like a metal album...
Well, half a metal album, actually, as the second half is all Varg's dark ambient experimentation.

ITT

Epic post

>black metal

Ulver - Bergttat
Gris - Il Etat Une Forets
Blut Aus Nord - Ultima Thulee

All of these take an easier to listen to yet still enjoyable approach to atmospheric black metal like Filosofem.
Labradford - Mi Media Naranja
It's got a dark droney feel to it like F#A#
If you want really heavy doom that actually riffs for days like Sabbath instead of just playing stupid slow,
Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash
Peep the track Topper Top by Sir Spyro
Its banger quality
Might be better off listening to Anaal Nathrakh if you want the blast beats for days feel on this. Or check out Gnaw Their Tongues if you like slower shit,
I like both of those records as well, perhaps check out Is This My World? by Jerry's Kids it has a similar feel to it,
Lecrae is a pretty good Christian rapper. If you like metal and hardcore punk, there's The Chariot as well that make intense music.
Maybe check out instrumental hip hop with colorful textures like Blue Sky Black Death?
There's this album that came out this year in drone it's called The Shameless Years. Very heavy yet textured like this, but not metal somehow.
Listen to more 90s west coast and 90s southern hip hop. Some good rappers over smooth catchy beats like RTD.
Check out Dissection, Sacramentum, and Vinterland they do some cool guitar hatmony shit like Mgla and Dissection's drummer imo matches Mgla's.

As for me, I can't stand most alt/indie/art rock because it doesn't have that oomph, that raw feel that TVU's stuff did. TVU's had that aspect in their music that only peers like Rolling Stones and Zeppelin had which was never adopted by bands inspired by TVU that have a more tame Beatles/Beach Boys style feel.

Forgot to post pic.

Anaal Nathrakh isn't blackened noise

>family force 5

I know, I only recced them because of how their sound is very akin to texture with crazy sounding blast beats and batshit insane person scream like Зaтyхaниe. It would be closer than something more fitting to blackened noise.