JUST REHASH MY FRANCHISE UP

They're actually doing it.

Disney is making the Sequels worse than the prequels.

You can't make this shit up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it's like poetry, it rhymes

>it's a "soft reboot"

>it's a "we're going to the roots" reboot
ah yes
thanks Disney!

stupid fucking goys who paid to watch TFA and will do the same for this

Except, Force Awakens alone is a better Star Wars movie than all 3 prequels combined, and you're actually a faggot OP. No fucking shit episode 8 feels like Empire Strikes Back, its the 2nd act in a 3-act structure. Attack Of The Clones also felt the most like Empire Strikes Back. It's universal human storytelling, dipshit.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wait, Empire was good though

People are surprised? I expected this the moment I realized TFA was ANH redone.

>Jub Jub is the key to all of this

Yeah but we've already seen it

Why is (((Disney))) so afraid of doing anything original?

>You can't make this shit up

Actually you can, you just did

>Disney is making the Sequels worse than the prequels.

See?

>Except, Force Awakens alone is a better Star Wars movie than all 3 prequels combined

KEK

This. You manchildren need to give it a rest

Anything is better than a literal shitty imitation

>Attack Of The Clones also felt the most like Empire Strikes Back

How are these two movies anything alike?

You TFA shills will grasp at so many fucking straws just to say "b-but at least we're better than the prequels!"

How are you guys mad about the sequels? Of course they were going to do thematic homages to the originals. What did you possibly expect after the clusterfuck that was the prequel trilogy?

In a general, broad sense that shouldn't be alarming. It makes sense for a three part story to be at its most despairing in the second part, because it makes the victories in the third more satisfying.

It may be a rehash nonetheless, though. TFA barely had any original ideas.

an original story or at least som,ething we hadn't seen before in the same fucking series

I like it because empire is great but why not make their own story, one of the biggest complaints VII got was being to much of just a rehash

I am so tired of star wars.
All these posers thinking they are hot shit because a week ago they found out who yoda is.
hollywood ruined comics i loved, now it ruined the star wars, I hope they stay away from videogames.

>thematic homages

That would be great but we're getting complete rehashes instead

They're literally just remaking the Original Trilogy.

That's next

Warcraft movie anyone?

If you can't understand why people are upset at poor rehashes with identity politics injected in, then we're wasting our time responding to you. You don't have to agree, just understand.

Yet another glib facsimile. Bravo, disney, you god damn turbokike dogs

I hope they do desu. I'm only in it for the updated spaceship redesigns and updated film tech space battles.

>updated spaceship redesigns
yeah like turbines that split in half. What a great design!

WHAT IF WE MAKE A NEWWW DEATH STAR?

I don't think so. TFA was only the sequel to the BIGGEST franchise in History. It was the defacto sequel of sequels. And then it sucked ass, major ass! It's done better than the prequels were but not nearly as imaginative. Every scene was an excuse to shoe horn in some rehash of a scene done in a better movie. The Negro was actually more enjoyable than Rey and the fag. In fact, Finn should have been the only guy in the movie. Forget the fag, and the woman, just Finn. That would have been something. Sure Rey sold more toys because girl, and Poe sold more because Supposed Han shoe in. But Han's not a fag and Rey was a mary sue. Let them try it twice.

It will literally be a glib facsimile. Literally.

Yeah expect now instead of looking at an aryan twink, prime leia and Indiana jones i have to look at a nigger with child birthing hips and an ugly british slag with massive chompers that's somehow strong enough to fight of men twice her size. Zomg gurl and minority powah amirite fellas? ;))

>split second think they announced a Revan movie
>relieved to see I'm wrong
I guess I'm not surprised though by it being a soft reboot again, just let down.

OK BUT IT HAS TO BE A BIT DIFFERENT
how do we make it different?
WE MAKE IT EVEN BIGGER!

>filming has wrapped

extensive focus-group-oriented reshoots when?

She was more of a mary sue than Lara croft was in two movies. More of a mary sue than mr and mrs smith. more of a mary sue than james bond. more of a mary sue than superman in a realm without any sort of kryptonite and microscopic kryptonian nanites that radiates yellow sun radiation inside his body. More of a mary sue than vin diesel's triple x. more of a mary sue than the bride from kill bill. more of a mary sue than linda hamilton, all 80 lbs of her versus a terminator. more of a mary sue than cynthia rock rock taking on twenty men. more of a mary sue than xenya kicking ares ass.

Post yfw Episode IX has a second Starkiller base as the main plot point

I can tell someone's an underage faggot when they talk about the prequels being good in any way. TFA was just bland, but not the abortion that the prequels were.

5>4>6>3>1>2>7

so was new hope

But episode 7 was already better than all 3 prequels. You need to stop worshipping the memes you see here.

>thematic homages

Nigger you straight up lifted entire portions of A New Hope and jammed their own hamfisted OC garbage in there to fool the nostalgiafags into thinking they were getting something new while retaining dem ebin feels

It was a fun cinema experience, but thinking about it at all, it's a pretty bad movie

Why can't we just have good movies though?

The prequels were original though, you hopeless red shit media faggot.

Calling you disney suckers a faggot insults actual mentally diseased gay people. You're a piece of dog shit covered in butt worms that the butt worms pooped while in the dog's ass.

Only this time the star killer will be a bunch of ships that transforms into voltron and then fires. I kid you not. theyre that bereft of originality.

the only standing that counts, my good man.

NO it was not. That entire, wheres the droid bullshit and Luke saber just siting with an orange yoda rip off and of how ms mary sue can into everything and how poe disappears when he should have been dead and oooo, the bigger dumber death star. and how the empire's offshoot had way more money and power than the old empire ever had.

Yeah, no. prequels were more logical and creative.

Wasn't fun for me. It was shit. Nothing about it was fun, not at any time. It was a rehash and it sucked and it made no sense, at all. it was garbage and I hate disney.

That article took what he said totally out of context.
He said it's like Empire Strikes Back in how the tone of the movie was completely different to A New Hope.
He didn't even say it shared the same tone as Empire.

Because ideologically-driven dickheads like to play it safe and make insipid garbage that's based on an established IP.

'Member when someone sat down and wrote a neat script about a whole new creature hunting down a group of mercs in a South American jungle?

'Member when a ditzy character like Cher could be not a Mary Sue but still be a perfectly fine protagonist that you could laugh at AND with?

'Member when ripoffs of ideas were packaged well enough to trick people into thinking they were something new and that cyberpunk people-as-batteries Jesus allegories would actually be cool?

>thematic homage
You mean plot recreation. It was all fucking copied, right down to that retarded monster in the Millenium Falcón being the garbage pit thingy. I honestly wish Jj Abrams would just fucking die. Everything he touches is trash.

Sure, the prequels were orignal, but that doesnt make them good.

>Except, Force Awakens alone is a better Star Wars movie than all 3 prequels combined
Top kek

I'm old enough to have seen the re-releases in theaters each time and then be grossly disappointed at Episode 1 opening weekend, shitmuncher. I don't establish opinions because of Internet losers, but it sounds like you probably do, kid. And anyone who thinks the prequels were original is a complete moron.

The prequels were bad fucking movies, but they were not irredeemable. Not the sum of their parts, but had very much good, salvageable ideas and gave us some amazing spin-off content like Republic Commando and the Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon.

The only parts of TFA I can look back at and say I enjoyed were the few parts with Finn and Poe because they were actual characters instead of shit tier plot device deus ex machinas like Rey. I was actually interested to know more about Kylo Ren and Snoke, the actual fucking plot of the movie and not Mary Sue hijinks. Finn should have been the main character.

>Finn should have been the main character.
My first true disappointment of TFA was realizing that Boyega wouldn't have a British accent and that the girl would.

The prequels were terrible simply because we thought they were going to be good and they weren't and the massive letdown tainted everything on screen. The small handful of cool moments were bogged down in terrible dialogue, poorly-executed and boring political maneuvering, overblown CGI shitfests, and terrible creative choices that served to undermine the world of the OT.

TFA was never expected to be good and all it had to do was be not the worst and it succeeded in that. It was boring, but it was polished in a way that the video game faggotry of the prequels were not.

>Boyega wouldn't have a British accent and that the girl would.

Well Daisy isn't a very good actor to start with so it's understandable

the phantom menace was the sequel of sequels, it was awful and people still watched tfa. episode viii will break some records again. (not avatar records tho, praise be to the one god)

It can FEEL like Empire all it wants, that's not a bad thing. I just hope it doesn't rehash the story elements. But it probably will

NO. They were fucking atrocious. I didn't mind at all because they were prequels and not the sequel to the biggest franchise in the history of the world. That's why I hate disney. People actually believe Disney's shit movie was why it did so well. No, it was the Sequel to the biggest film franchise, in history. Lets see them repeat that.

Son, I'm probably old enough to be your dad, I probably am old enough to be your dad. I'm almost 45. And the prequels were original and they were shot beautifully. Eat shit RLM, each shot was wide and expansive. That's the thing, Shitty Tits awakens was anything but expansive. It was clusterphobic and all the shots just felt like a made for tv movie.

Finn and Poe worked well together. Until Poe got all gay and then I really hated Poe. Poe was another liberal progressive show horned in character meant to pander to some one else. As if Rey being forced in wasn't bad enough. What's next, a magnificent seven with only trannies and dykes?

The remake was fucking awesome, by the way. I loved the hell out of it. And I loved the slow build. Most cowboy films rushes everything, but Antoine slowly cooked that movie until it was just right. Good stuff.

Gorilla man was actually good. I loved him. Fuck, I loved his character. Hated Finn, and didn't mind Poe until that fag comment, then I hated him.

It wasn't a sequel it was a prequel. I went in expecting Return light and I got that.

>wanting a meme movie to keep its highest grossing spot

Can't tell if meme-ing or actually retarded

>My first true disappointment of TFA was realizing that Boyega wouldn't have a British accent and that the girl would.
That would have been great. Instead they make him some dumb janitor.

Nope, force awakens was unwatchable. Prequels are at least in the "stupid but fun" tier.

STAR
WARS

Episode VIII
THE FIST OF THE FIRST ORDER

It is a dark time for the
Resistance. Although Starkiller Base has been destroyed,
First Order's troops have driven the
Resistance forces from their hidden
base and pursued them across
the galaxy.

Evading the dreaded Order's
Starfleet, a group of freedom
fighters led by Leia Skywalker
has established a new secret
base on the remote ice world
of Froth.

The evil lord Kylo Ren,
obsessed with finding Rey, has dispatched
thousands of remote probes into
the far reaches of space....

i mean phantom menace was maybe even more anticipated than tfa. i dont know what people expected from jayjay and disney. at the rate their mcu is going i would expect a second rehash of the original trilogy in about 15 years, with a death star star capable of destroying entire galaxies

DELETE THIS

>Until Poe got all gay and then I really hated Poe

Not even memeing, but I genuinely cannot remember this happening, was he overtly, openly gay or is that a forced angle by the Internet that became fact?

You're such a loser. Grow up.

no man, see, you have to make big enough adjustments so you fool the drones but still small enough that you dont have to create anything new. which means Froth will be a lava planet instead of an ice world

>Have to make up for the prequels.
>Relax guys they're only on number 2.
>Gotta let them pace it out to make up for it
>*4 movies later*
>COME ON GUYS they gotta play it safe still.

>Gorilla man was actually good. I loved him. Fuck, I loved his character. Hated Finn
Bad wording or is gorilla man snoke?

I really enjoyed the scene where Poe's friend found all those naked bodies and you got to finally see the asian chick in the nude.

>Implying that hating the prequels is a RLM opinion
>Implying it isn't the standard

The retard renaissance of "It wasn't THAT bad" is not the norm, its only started on Sup Forums since people loath the new ones so much.

For the record, I hate the prequels, I like RLM usually, but I do think that Episode 7 is barely if at all above Revenge of the Sith for instance.

At least the other movies were original and authentic.

>The First Order and the Resistance are on the same footing now
>instead of doing something unique with that set up they go with Empire
It better feel unique. It was okay for TFA to be similar to A New Hope but this next one has to doing something to stand by itself.

they literally used another desert planet in TFA, why would they not use an ice planet?

I feel like I'm one of the few who thinks Revenge of the Sith was the worst one. All those great moments wasted. I can just ignore TPM because none of that shit mattered anyway. I can ignore AOTC because very little of that shit was in the OT canon and can pretend that "the clone wars" weren't that but something much cooler. But Anakin becoming Darth Vader. Anakin vs. Obiwan. All those iconic moments we were waiting for were put on film and were all shitty and that's apparently how all those things went down and it sucks. It's like if you hired a chef who everyone said made a really good fucking dessert and he disappointed you with the appetizer and the main course but you held out hope that maybe the dessert would live up to word of mouth, and it was just as fucking bad.

the disney shills reported to their overlords that people are caching on to the scheme so they will have to change it up a bit

I still have the Revenge of the Sith artbook, damn good artbook, informed a ton of my teen year doodling

>empire strikes back
>bad guys have physical victory, good guys have mental victory
>attack of the clones
>good guys have physical victory, bad guys have mental victory

Are you retarded? The arcs of the two trilogies are literally opposites. In the originals, good guys start out as underdogs but gain a significant weapon, good guys get smacked, good guys win. In the prequels it's, good guys start out on equal footing (probably ahead of bad guys actually) and gain a weapon, good guys aren't actually so good (annakin being a fuck in ep 2) but drive the bad guys off a planet in the final battle, good guys are actually bad guys. One trilogy ends with the good guys winning, the other with the bad guys winning.

It's like you fucking idiots don't understand it's all one series. This isn't a series of unfortunate events. Why would the author redo the same plot just 40 years later?

A man biting his lip and looking at another man sexually is as fag as it gets. Remembering that son of a bitch jj saying Star wars needed to be more modern was recalled to mind and suddenly the negro was a lot cleaner, clearer and overall better than EVERYONE else in that piece of shit movie.

It was the first star wars movie in since forever.I was disappointed because I wanted a sequel so I didn't expect it to be all that great and it wasn't so I didnt give a shit.

Why, you know it's going to happen.

You know, when one listens to Wagner, you little child, and some one fucks up in the orchestra. You complain because that one stupid fucker decided to sneeze when he should have held it in. So understand that when you release art, expect it to be dissected.

By Gorilla man I meant Boyega. Instead of saying hated Finn I really meant, Hated Rey. Sorry about the mistake. Rey was just too perfect. Far too perfect in fact and it made the entire thing stupid and it fucked over the rest of the franchise.

The prequel movies just felt realer than anything. Sure they were shitty, but they were realer than even the original series. Because the original series felt like they made stuff up as they went along. The Prequels were lazy but the universe of the films felt fleshed out and rich.
The new order should have never existed to begin with The REBELS WON. Case closed which makes disney and jj, idiiots

Another Mustafar? How would they call it?

Hot(h)

you think that maybe he's unhappy with the 'backlash' of the fans saying ep 7 was (and is) a new hope. or that maybe something happened on set that he was unhappy with (like ep 8 being empire strikes back)?

so he decided to let it 'slip' that ep 8 is empire to fuel hardcore fans with more discontent.
or maybe he dies in ep 8 and is no longer under contract with disney?

They're all really quite bad.

1 started it all badly and intro'd Jar Jar and destroyed the mythos.
2 is just the fucking worst in acting story cgi and everything
3 ruins a lot of key moments and has stupid shit constantly but is at least somewhat memorable.

I remember thinking of the idea of a Starwars sequel LONG before I ever thought it was possible. Always came to the conclusion that it would never happen and if it did it would HAVE to be completely new.

My idea for whoever reads:
>Empire is mostly destroyed
>Disparate factions across other planets occupying
>Resultant power vacuum empowers tons of organized criminals like Jabba
>Leads to the rebels being in power but having to deal with subterfuge, terrorism, sabotage, etc.
>None of the main characters return
>Main guy has no special powers
>Less space adventury and good versus evil

I guess it would just be set in starwars and not be about starwars. It seems like the only reasonable outcome that would happen, I mean after they win how could the rebels POSSIBLY be the underdog again? Even if they did it would be even footing.

>Jar Jar Binks
>watchable

Seven is such bullshit. The REBELS Won the empire was destroyed, case closed. It was gone, finished, done for. They had an opportunity and they blew it to rehash a new hope. Could have been our beloved Leia becoming more despotic because of petty disputes and what have you, and Han and Luke being forced out of the council. it could have been a political master piece.
fuck disney and jj

Rey over achieving behavior surpassed Jar Jar's irritant Mesa moments.

this isnt really news

we knew this would happen disney would make a star wars movie a year after decade long wait people are going to get tired

Agreed he could have put a 15 minute long fellatio scene in there and it would have been less obvious Poe was gay

just turn your brain off bro!

>I guess it would just be set in starwars and not be about starwars.

Honestly not a bad idea, Pharaoh Fameses. I think it could lead back into Force stuff. That power vacuum seems to me like a good way for an enterprising young sith apprentice to dominate a bunch of criminal overloards and all of a sudden you've got this incredibly insidious threat building up all over the place. Force-sensitives don't just vanish and sith history doesn't just vanish, someone's always around.

The n64 podracer game was better than TFA. Literally a 20+ year old game was a superior experience to that rehashed CGI cashgrab explosionfest
>btw
>kill yourself

how do you know Poe is gay??

>23
>pretends to be a Jedi

lmao

I think that its fair to say there'd be skirmishes since its established that the Empire occupies different planets and shit.

But the thing is that not ONLY is the Empire restored and makes a death star BIGGER than the original, the Rebels also appear SMALLER.

In Return there's a huge fucking fleet of fighters of all sizes and types (x/y/ the other weird one) etc. 7 has none of that.

Making a proper plot is complicated business. All I know for sure is that the answer (to me) was NOT just saying "Empire is back, Rebels basically gained no ground".

Fucking retarded man. And what else are they going to do in episode 8? Probably the same all over again.

The only way to justify a new starwars was something new like exploring the idea of the rebels being in power and dealing with civil war or rebels to THEM. I mean, what if all these different worlds want independence and shit?

Luke and Han's arc ended, so you need new characters and I think you'd have to make them unrelated.

I kind of wish there were more unrelated movies set in the same universe. Like low-key sequels that have the same mythos but different stories. But NOT fucking origin stories for god damn Han Solo.

Disney shit will flop so fucking hard.

So then I take it?

>Phasma captures Finn alive and imprisons him
>Kylo beats Rey...despite Rey kicking his ass untrained the first time
>First Order wins some battles against the New Republic despite losing their Death Planet which must have cost them 100x fleets worth of resources

>But it's SUPPOSED to remind us why we liked the empire strikes back in the first place xD

hopefully they do a reverse ESB where whats left of the New Republic/ Resistance attacks the First Order homeworld but is unprepared for the heavy resistance

I never thought I would appreciate the prequels.

At least they tried to do something new.

Remember Coruscant?

>Everything he touches is trash.

...I liked Fringe...

Its pretty weird to think of really.

If you look up our asteroid belt we theoretically have access to almost endless resources. And that's just our asteroid belt.

If you could travel across the galaxy I guess your resources are almost infinite. But then they never show any industry in these movies. So it feels weird that the Empire just never gets harmed by anything.

We want something NEW being told. Taking the old movies and tweaking a few things around isn't giving us something new.

The only reason people remember Coruscant is because it appeared multiple times as a setting in all three prequels and a lot of time in each movie was spent on the planet. I don't remember any of the other planets from the prequels other than Naboo.

>thematic homage
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

>galactic empire
First Order
>rebel leader
Resistance pilot
>death star plans
star chart to luke skywalker
>stored inside R2D2
BB-8
>flees into desert of Tatooine
Jahcoo
>get chart back to rebellion
resistance
>sith leader Darth vader
kid who wants to be darth vader
>padowan to obiwan kenobi
luke skywalker
>crash on jachoo where they meet luke skywalker
Rey
>R2D2 finds luke
BB-8 finds Rey
>meanwhile on death star
star killer
>rebellion discusses how to take out death star
resistance discusses how to take out star killer
>easily accessible and hugely exploitable weakness that blows up entire star killer
easily accessible and hugely exploitable weakness that blows up entire star killer
>han and chewie sneak in to lower death star defenses
han and chewie sneak in to lower star killer defenses
>luke leaves rebellion to find yoda
rey leaves resistance to find luke

Just waiting for Sheevposting to return after 1 yr desu.