In the Age of Rooney

>One day I will be able to tell my grandkids...

Quick rundown on the legendary brace against Lithuania?

>Tell me about the mishit corner in the 2014 cup Grandpa

Why are divegrass fans consistently ungrateful? Is it to do with Americans aping British culture? Rooney was great during his prime.

>with time legacy has faded to myth, but I'm telling you son, I saw the Slayer of San Marino with my very own eyes

He would be a club legend if he wasn't such a money grubbing cunt.

THE FIRE CRACKLES AS THE CHILDREN GASP IN AWE.

>i-is it true he once got out of the round of 16 in the world cup...

>I saw it with my own eyes, young one, the player who got so lazy he had to change his position

I remember that legendary game against Sunderland

>9 posts in
>no rooney copypasta

sickening

wait.. did he?
2014 england elimanted in group
2010 eliminated by germany in round of 16?
2006 ..portugal in round of 16?
2002 .. brazil.. before rooneys time?

2006 we got to the QF.

that was the year beckham had the free kick that beat penedo and panama..?
or am i thinking of another small goalie, and like Colombia or something..?
Trinidad.?
who'd england take out in the round of 16?

>we

eternal

>tell me the story of Rooney's mythical passes to the wingers again, grandpa

how does it never get old

you've had a quick rundown in stockholm recently

the mighty Ecuador m8

This.

If he hadn't ruined his relationship with the fans by threatening to join City if he didn't get a pay rise he'd likely be retiring at United as the fans would demand Mou be sacked if he tried to sell him.

Meant to quote

This would be better as a pasta than screenshot. Anyone have it?

>Rooney was great during his prime

fuck that. as a teenager he showed all the talent and potential to be a world great. he's had a good career but if he wasn't a lazy undisciplined fat shit he could have done so much more.

ahh yeah.
beat trinidad in the group, beat ecuador in the round of 16 where becks scored.

fucking beckham, still the most underrated player ever.

but hey looks like memory isnt so shot after all with all of this random information

Top scorer all time for United
Top scorer all time for England
2nd top PL scorer of all time
Champions League winner
FA Cup winner
League Winner x5
119 games for his country
Captained his country

Shite for the last few years but he still doesn't get the respect he deserves.

absolute gold. but yea i agree with

i agree, Rooney had brushes with greatness..

however he also didnt take the mantle with both hands, didnt try as hard as he could to be the best.
weight changes were obvious.
i put rooney in the same level as ronaldinho.. could have been the best in the world at certain points, never quite hit that level when it counted most, and the eyes were on.
still Great players who had great careers.

>Top scorer all time for United
>Top scorer all time for England
>2nd top PL scorer of all time

he played for united and england since he was 17, you'd expect these kind of records from him 2bh. and there's been no england player that epitomises failure more than him at international tournaments.

maybe the lack of respect is a bit unjust, but I reiterate he could have been an all time GOAT not just part of a very successful united team

>he played for united

meant the PL

He was a key part of that United team for many years though. I think he gets a hard time because he didn't max out his potential.

When they played together Ronaldo scored 112, Rooney scored 90.
Then Ronaldo kicked on while Rooney was pictured smoking and drinking. I always forget that Rooney is actually the younger of the two.

Honestly what did people expect was going to happen to Rooney once he hit his 30s? He has never been the sort of player to look after himself and has always relied on pace and technique. His pace went about 5 years ago and with a lack of regular game time his technique has gone to shit.

Fergie said he would have sold him had he not retired but weak managers like Moyes and LVG needed him.

At least Rooney has been a solid penalty taker. Many modern strikers are mediocre from the 11 metre point.

He would have missed in an important shoot out. Even Beckham kicked a pen into the stands.

only thing I remember him doing is diving to get the penalty to end Arsenal's unbeaten run.

He's the all time top scorer of the greatest club in England lads.

What a dive tho

Looked like a long jumper

>yfw you lived in the age of rooney

Rooney was fucking trash

The fire crackles as the children gasp in awe. Snow begins to fall outside the window the your tale comes to an end, but the youngsters are still thirsty for more. 'Tell us about the two he scored against Andorra again Grandpapa' one child begs. 'No, no! The legendary brace vs Kazakhstan!' implores another. The oldest boy pipes up. 'Be quiet you two, Grandad tells those ones all the time. Go on, tell us the one you promised us last time - the penalty vs Slovenia...Grandad..G-Grandad?'
The rocking chair creaks to a halt. A serene expression is on your face and all of Rooney's goals flash before your eyes in your final moments as the children embrace you. His one World Cup goal, The legendary double in Minsk. That tap in against Liechenstien. they know whats happening and are scared, but calm.
The last thing you hear as you slide into the black warmth of death is the youngest boy - old beyond his years, a football fanatic who spends every free moment outside kicking his battered leather ball against the wall 'Dont be sad, he lived a hell of a life...in the age of Rooney.'

Underrated post

Lads
Get the rake

Lads. this is historic. When you are 80 years old, wrapped in a blanket and comfy in your rocking chair by an open fire, surrounded by your great-grandchildren; you can tell the spellbound youngsters about the time you saw Sir Wayne Rooney equal, then beat England's all-time top scoring record with a refball penalty against a team of part-timers which has won one game in its history, and another penalty against the mighty Swiss.
The fire crackles as the children gasp in awe. Snow begins to fall outside the window and your tale comes to end, but the youngsters are thirsty for more 'Tell us about the two he scored against Andorra again Grandpapa!' one child begs. 'No, no! The legendary brace versus Kazakhstan!' implores another. The oldest boy pipes up 'Be quiet you two. Grandad tells those ones all the time. Go on, tell us the one you promised us last time - the penalty versus Iceland...Grandad...G-Grandad?'. The rocking chair creaks to a halt. A serene expression on your face and all of Rooney’s goals flash before your eyes in your final moments as the children embraces you. His one World Cup goal. The legendary double in Minsk. The tap-in against Liechtenstein. They know what is happening. They are scared, but calm. The last thing you hear as you slide into the black warmth of death is the youngest boy - old beyond his years, and a football fanatic who spends every free moment outside kicking his battered leather ball against the wall. 'Don't be sad. He lived a hell of a life. In the age of Rooney

Thanks for the pasta spaghetti man

kek

Pirlo's and Gerrard's reaction are quite funny

Bullshit. Statistics say that the PK conversion rate is about 70%, no matter the championship.

Just because someone is the best 16 year old in the world doesn't mean he'll be the best 26 year old in 10 years. Rooney was an early bloomer.

Ronaldo is a freak of nature. Rooney never had that kind of potential.

Even if Rooney had done everything possible to stay fit, he still wouldn't have gotten the same mileage out of his body that Ronaldo did. He's an Anglo. Anglos have the worst genes on earth besides Ashkenazi's.
Other great players saw sharp declines around 30 but those players don't have British tabloids stalking them around the world looking to snap a photo of them eating cake so they can parade it around like some sort of moral indictment.

Fucking retarded brits

Reddit-americans are so fucking awkward

Jesus Poland...
REKT!