What are some albums that are as dark/harrowing as TDS?

What are some albums that are as dark/harrowing as TDS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m7Knc3l8l9o&t
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NKtGTstVw
youtube.com/watch?v=lvykduwiNCs
youtube.com/watch?v=oAm2eEm8Uuw
youtube.com/watch?v=RljR5coSUNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UVz7xV_dNP8
annanicolefan.livejournal.com/22895.html
youtube.com/watch?v=s_sZ3dt7YUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IPKpKZCuU-o
metalscenenews.com/the-melvins-buzz-osborne-recalls-past-tours-with-nine-inch-nails-and-white-zombie/
youtube.com/watch?v=Zz7p_ycyhaU
youtube.com/watch?v=2-7B9zHem1I
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZorWBMB1Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the blueprints to TDS

Giles Corey

>Cop shoot Cop - Ask questions later
>Foetus - Gash
>Snake River Conspiracy - Sonic Jihad
>Rabbit Junk - ReFRame

There's some pretty spooky shit on here.

Same year too

Kek

>finding nu-metal harrowing

are u 12

oo guys have u listened to the latest korn album, mega dark stuff

When did TDS become nu-metal?

Suicide - Suicide

Lantlos - .neon

It always was

when nu-males like this started memeing it hard

this , there was some autist that posted it in every thread and it caught on among shitposters who just want to troll the reznor fanboys

>Unironically defending fucking NiN
Embarrassing.

>NiN

KyS

End yourself faggot

Here's a (you) my desperate friendo.

The only worthwile replies so far.

>not liking Nine Inch Nails
Loser.

i know trent reznor has attained something of a reputation as an "experimental and intelligent auteur" among people who only got into NIN once their time in the spotlight had already passed, but NIN were indeed widely perceived in terms pertaining to "alternative metal" in the 90s, meaning that they shared their space first and foremost with bands like tool, fear factory, korn, soundgarden, marilyn manson etc. you look at them now, they're still playing festivals and co-headlining tours with those same bands, they're still being covered in the same schlocky rock/metal magazine that were covering them back then.
trent reznor was like the stereotypical image of the melodramatic, overwrought mallgoth in the public consciousness back then.

a lot of people seem to think that nine inch nails were part of the same conversation as, like, radiohead and aphex twin and shit, which is just completely hilarious and delusional. they were, as buzz osbourne put it, "music for baby rockers".

Tool - Undertow

NiN absolutely BTFO holy fuck

>altar of plagues
holy shit, I love you, user

D.O.A the third and final report by Throbbing Gristle makes Rezner look like a fucking joke

did you work for Pitchfork circa 1999 by any chance?

>NiN
just stop

Yep

>did you work for Pitchfork circa 1999 by any chance?

no but i was alive in 1999, which i reckon is more than can be said for all these dudes who think of trent reznor as the second coming of peter christopherson

youtube.com/watch?v=m7Knc3l8l9o&t

>Implying they even know Christopherson or Coil

This shit's is some real stuff since it comes from what's actually happening to the members.
This is all edgelord bullshit that's edgy for the sake of being edgy.

Underrated post

>GOD IS DEAD AND NO ONE CARES!!
>IF THERE IS A HELL I´LL SEE YOU THERE!!!!
>Not edgy for the sake of edge

TDS is a concept album with a narrative, it wasn't honest or personal, but it sort of became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

his discography turns about ten times more autobiographical from The Fragile onward (except for Year Zero) than his early edginess ever was

>the quality of an art piece is dependent on whether or not the narrative matches the artist's life

nah man

Might wanna read up on the verses in that song to see what he was talking about.

Doesn´t matter what the point behind them are if they are expressed in the same manner as a 12 year old atheist

That's great, if those edgelord fag groups had any sense of how things are irl their music would've been better. Instead it sounds like spoopy bullshit devoid of human emotions thus making it impossible to be actually harrowing, just goofy and overthetop.

if every pasty teenage boy who attempted to buy a copy of the downward spiral in '94 was just given a copy of this instead, the world would be a better place

brace yourself for all the posts detailing how that's actually a brilliant lyric from a brilliant and intelligent concept album

Yeah I know it's metal, but given the back story it's a hell of an album.

And a 12 year old edgy atheist (or, believe it or not, people with real mental illnesses often word things embarrassingly and feel embarrassed for things they may have said in the past) is still more real of a concept than the Hamburger Lady or Frankie.

12 years old atheists REEEEE-ing isn't nearly as catchy as Trent's delivery, brehs

hamburger lady was based on an actual person though, and frankie teardrop did a brilliant job at capturing the horror and disillusionment of PTSD and struggling to survive in the apocalyptic shithole that was pre-90s NYC

Nigger how the fuck is a concept "real", and what does that even have to do with the quality of the music? I mean if I spend 5 years coming up with the most complex system of thought surrounding a concept album and it just comes out sounding like garbage, its still just garbage, no matter how you put it. Just for fun you could also match up the Gristle song Weeping to Reznors songs, and see what comes out as more "real".
Also
>implying an edgelords screeches about his religious parents is more "authentic" than a story about PTSD and murder or one about burn victims being fucked up.

Gotchu covered in multiple posts. Starting with this classic.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NKtGTstVw

> (You)

youtube.com/watch?v=lvykduwiNCs

youtube.com/watch?v=oAm2eEm8Uuw

youtube.com/watch?v=RljR5coSUNQ

Weak ass bait

>band called Rodan
>the cover features Mothra

every time

GOAT ambient album

>oh no, it's angry mainstream music, therefore is bad and I place NIN with nu-metal bands because it's ARRGHH IT'S ANGRY MUSIC WITH MELODRAMATIC LYRICS but i chose to base my opinion on alternative webzines so i can back up my criteria hahaha yes, that's what i think about NIN!
This is you, faggot.

I mean yeah it's edgy, but don't forget that it's a grim reality for western civilization since the reformation/enlightenment. TDS is the soundtrack to the fall of the west, atheistic nihilism is profoundly evil and a very real part of our condition.

>TDS is the soundtrack to the fall of the west

When light shines upon evil, it's always pathetic. Trent Reznor's lyrics are pathetic and sad, because that's the nature of Satan.

youtube.com/watch?v=UVz7xV_dNP8

>is still more real of a concept than the Hamburger Lady
annanicolefan.livejournal.com/22895.html
Nothing more fake than a testimony of a man who literally saw the disfigured body.
>or Frankie
Because no one ever killed their spouse, no.

If you want dark ambient, look no further than the original.
youtube.com/watch?v=s_sZ3dt7YUQ

tfw u post something where it shouldn't be posted

stop embarrassing yourself

Navicon Torture Technologies - The Church of Dead Girls

Think Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill background noise/ambient work

>Yeah I know it's metal
>

youtube.com/watch?v=IPKpKZCuU-o

People who dismiss Nine Inch Nails and lump them in with bands like korn or "nu-metal" are seriously pathetic.
The mental gymnastics you all must have performed to get to that point ...
And that quote seriously came from buzz osbourne, as if that guy knows shit about experimental music.
Have any of you actually listened to The Downward Spiral without taking every moment to try and find a way to associate the sound with whatever poser bias you've accumulated from the years of being exposed to Sup Forums hipster bs?

No, it doesn't actually.
That album isn't remotely disturbing, abrasive or anymore challenging than Trent has put out.

>No you

Dead Can Dance albums used to hit pretty hard in my imo

This in particular

In Utero considering that Kurt actually blew his cobrain out after its release.

Come on, kid.
If you're going to play that game at least post something that is legitimately more challenging "trv".
DOA is what would happen if Kenny G tried to make a noise album.

>And that quote seriously came from buzz osbourne, as if that guy knows shit about experimental music.

despite the semi-ironic KISS worship that the melvins like to indulge in from time to time, buzz osbourne does in fact know a shitload about left-field music and art in general

>After the show, I watched the cast and crew of NIN do, oh, I’d say $30,000 worth of damage to a brand new arena dressing room. It sounds a lot crazier than it really was, and I wish I could write out the sound of shrugging. Like if you asked me, was I involved in the smashing of a brand new arena dressing room I could go, ‘Eh [shrug], I guess so.’ I fortunately got all of that adolescent vandal behavior out of my system when I was still a teenager
What a fucking pussy

I looked up the quote and it didn't lead to anything other than him referring to nin as "baby rock" because of the associations the band had with other contemporary rock bands of that time.
He wasn't dissing Trent, in fact the he went on to compliment them for being really nice and welcoming.

metalscenenews.com/the-melvins-buzz-osborne-recalls-past-tours-with-nine-inch-nails-and-white-zombie/

That wasn't my post. This one however, was:

>He wasn't dissing Trent, in fact the he went on to compliment them for being really nice and welcoming.

nobody is dissing reznor personally, we're just dissing his shit music

though reznor most likely is a tedious imbecile considering that he spends his days hanging out with bono and hollywood directors and gave his kids completely ridiculous names that only delusional rich tards tend to give their kids

You're just jealous because you were given some boring normie name

>his shit music
How his music is shit?

This and commitment to complications by youth code
Kmfdm is also great but a little more upbeat

I can'T atke Commintment To Complications seriously with the samples they've decided to go for.

Because Sup Forums and pitchfork said so, of course!

Anyways

OP check out

Navicon Torture Technologies - The Church of Dead Girls
youtube.com/watch?v=Zz7p_ycyhaU

Skinny Puppy - Last Rights
youtube.com/watch?v=2-7B9zHem1I

Prurient - And Still Wanting
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZorWBMB1Tk

It's really funny that you think Radiohead were taken remotely seriously in Britain until they catered to the inoffensive soyboy clique and found a commercial niche

>Radiohead are not taken seriously

>Were
>Are
READING COMPREHENSION.