Why is elitism in music communities so prevalent?

Why is elitism in music communities so prevalent?

Why do people become annoyed and threatened when a band or artist they enjoy becomes more popular? What causes this mindset?

Because your taste is shit and we are a patrician institution of the finest musical minds in the Western world

>Western world
>ignoring the contributions the Eastern world provided to the artistic medium of music

Go listen to fucking Radiohead you normie

>Why is elitism in music communities so prevalent?
Insecurity.

>likes weeb shit
hahah

Its not just music. It's art in general.

Musicians can change when they're more popular. Generally, people have a shit taste in music (and no, this is not a "I have a superior taste is music and plebs are plebs" rant... Look at Eminem's album revival be at #1 on the billboard charts. Look at the placement of bodak yellow and all the awards it has won, look at Gucci Gang, and so on and so forth). And often times, when those people start liking a decent artist, oh man they'll fuck everything up and the artist turns to shit.

>anime image
won't be answering you questions
go back to you containment board

>"you" instead of "your" twice
actual mongoloid

idk but mugi is the best

>go back to you containment board
which one? there are dozens of anime boards. more than any other topic

it's a way to preserve the integrity of quality tastes of a board and force newfags to assimilate.

Nothing wrong with anime, but there's so much wrong with landfill whether that picture is from.

Wherever*

K-ON is the ITAOTS of anime

dilettante shit for soy abusers?

no

>whether that picture is from.
>I am a retarded newfag who talks about shit he knows nothing about
That's nice to know. How did you find this place anyway and what made you seriously consider that this is the perfect community for you?

My music taste is great and I love anime and manga

>I love anime and manga
Ask me how I know you're full of shit

>I love anime and manga
kys soyboy

>I am a retarded newfag who talks about shit he knows nothing about
Yeah man, fuck high concepts and anime without cliches, all that Akiru, Akira stuff whatever it's called is just pretentious garbage for stuck up twits.

You're still talking shit about a show you don't even know the name of. A show anyone who has lurked for at least a week would know. Answer my question you goddamn retard. It wasn't a rhetorical one.

As if

This is the reply you deserve. Couldn't contain yourself from derailing yet another thread by posting an anime reaction picture?

So you're not even going to mask the fact that you're a newfag shitting up a community that you're completely unable to integrate into and instead get a high out of shitting up? How do you live with yourself knowing you're such trash?

>So you're not even going to mask the fact that you're a newfag shitting up a community that you're completely unable to integrate into and instead get a high out of shitting up?
How can you possibly know that? Do I get to be just like the old, wise you by posting smug anime reaction pictures and ruining every chance of genuine discussion on this sad excuse for a board? If so, I couldn't be more proud of being trash.

if this is a sad excuse for a board, why do you come here?

no one is forcing you. there's the door.

You're the one sperging out over someone starting a legit music discussion thread with an image that represents something this website was founded on just because you don't like it. Why are you surprised at being called out for the retarded newfag that you are? Why are you avoiding these questions?