Why do contrarians insist on this album being great? It's easily his worst album

Why do contrarians insist on this album being great? It's easily his worst album

It's his third best album.

It has a few more lows than the majority of his album I will concede, but it has so many god damn highs that it more than makes up for it.

Also, Graduation is easily his worst album.

>Also, Graduation is easily his worst album.
Eat a dick a die faggot

Yeezus is his worst without a doubt.

>and

Nice non argument.

It has his absolute worst track (big brother) and the most mediocre tracks of any kanye album.
It's still solid 7/10, it isn't bad by any means.
But it's much worse than his other work.

Yeezus is his best, what the fuck are you smoking?

Quit parroting this bald headed bastards opinons

Kanye has never been more unlikeable than on this album

He tries so hard to be edgy and cool on this album (i pop xans lol) (i made that bitch famous lol) and makes loads of modern trap tracks to try to mask the fact that he's beginning to get old

He's tried to be "edgy" since at least MBDTF and he's always tried to be "cool" for the majority of his career.
Neither of those are anything new with this album, perhaps the only thing is you've aged and thus grown out of his style of humour and general not give a fuck attitude.

Personally I think TLOP is his funniest album by far, and his most personal after 808's.

CD, LR, 808s, MBDTF, Y = 10/10
G = 9/10
TLOP = 8/10

ALL CLASSICS. EVERYBODY WINS 31/12.

Yeezus is an obnoxious, dull and unimportant messy pop rap album disguised with semi-abrasive production to trick contrarians into thinking it's a masterpiece. It's a 3/10 on a good day.

Dubs of TRUTH

Let me guess, you think MBDTF is his best? P4k drone

yeezus>tlop>late orc>late reg>808s>mdbtf>tcd>grad

Yeezus is his best
Followed by 808's

MBDTF is 4th best
It's his only 10/10 album
It's his most consistent album
It has his highest highs
AND highest lows
It's fucking perfect
And you have awful taste for even suggesting it's anywhere near such a level

"Who listens to lyrics? An album is only good if it bumps the whip, yo!"

I’ve never seen such shit opinions
Contrarians everywhere

Yeezus has his best beats, AND best lyrics.
Not to mention his best delivery.

808's not withstanding, Yeezus has some of the most relatable lyrics that can share his misery or pain.
Hold my liquor is probably the only Kanye song that can make me cry aside from Hey mama.
And yes, it also has his best hype songs too (TLOP is pretty close at points though).

Nice strawman

Kanye is extremely underrated for his lyrics. He is one of my absolute favorite lyricists and if people mention his lyrics at all, it's only to shit on them.

You have 0 fucking argument for why you think the way you do.

Please, at least attempt to explain your rotten opinions or I don't see why I shouldn't consider you a glorified troll.

Kanye is my second favorite artist, and I've listened to ALL his albums many many times.
There's not a single one of them I don't enjoy.

They are all good, but Yeezus is his best in every respect.
If you could distill the man himself, into an album.

It would be Yeezus.
It's abrasive, it's over the top, it's hype, it's self doubting, it's divisive.
It's everything Kanye can be, and more.

I agree with the lyrics, I love Kanye's lyrics normally. College Dropout, Late Registration, 808s & Heartbreaks and even some lines off of MBDTF is lyrical genius. They're funny, they're hype, but they have meaning. But here are some of the lyrics from Yeezus. "I know I got a bad reputation walking around, always mad reputation leave a pretty girl sad reputation start a Fight Club, Brad reputation "hey, you remember where we first met? okay, I don't remember where we first met but hey, admitting is the first step and hey, you know ain't nobody perfect

Don't even fucking lie to me and say Yeezus has good lyrics. It doesn't. Objectively. Some lines may be lol xD random but they're not funny, they're not well written and are they definitely have no actual meaning.

I'm not lying when I say I think it has good lyrics.
Nor when I say I think it has his best lyrics.

Those are good lyrics, they're memorable, they're relatable, and yes, they're funny.
Combined with the music of Bound 2, they add up to an overall feeling of, "yeah I'm not perfect, but you can't deny you love me anyway, and I try my best."

Let's agree to disagree.

I think TCD has his overall weakest lyrics as an album graduation not withstanding, although Spaceship is undeniably a top 10 track for Kanye.

Hmm yeah alright, I guess I can understand why you love Yeezus, it's just not for me.

Agreed to disagree.

The Life of Pablo

a musical suite by Kanye West

>intro
Ultraliht Beam

>Act 1
Father Stretch My Hands pt 1
pt 2
Famous
Feedback
Low Lights
Highlights
Freestyle 4

>interlude
I Love Kanye

>Act 2
Waves
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
Franks Track

>interlude
Silver Surfer Interlude

>Act 3 (bonus tracks)
30 Hours
No More Parties in LA
Facts
Fade

>Outro
Saint Pablo

the truth.

It's really uneven. The highs are very high so it's easy to forgive the lesser tracks when you have stuff like Real Friends and Ultralight Beam.

Also I think if he didn't rush it and spent more time on perfecting the tracks it could have been is best album.

808s is worse than graduation, but TLOP is better than either.

This unironically. The messy release hurt it at the time (and the constant changes to the tracklist after release).

But wait 10 years from now when everyone is removed from the drama and can appreciate it just for what it is.

Dull really?, you can dislike it but it is certainly not dull.

It has the best concepts ever made in hip hop. Concepts so good it flies over most people's heads.

Yeezus was made in protest of the system. He made it to make a statement.

I would place in the middle of his discography. The main critisims of the album have become (or are why) I l like it. I like the contrast, people seem to complain about the lack of cohesion. Its seems intentional and ties in thematically. It never bothered me to begin with, I have heard that complaint a lot though. Some of the lyrics were of putting at first, but now they have become so much a part of the album. They are memorable, it is strange when the album was new certain lyrics I wish was not there. Now it would be odd if they wasn't. I wouldnt want the album without those lines. They have become a memorable and such a part of the album for me.

Graduation for me is my least favorite, it is still a good/decent album though.

>Also, Graduation is easily his worst album.

I agree with everything up until there

What makes this album so great is that all of the mistakes and the mess was all intentional. The messy tracklist, the different names for the album, the messy album cover, the edits of the tracks, it's all connected and fits in with the theme of impermanence,the sporadic mindset of Kanye West and imperfections. Imperfection was the main theme of the album. It was Kanye's intention to make the listener choose how to listen to the album, the choice on what songs to skip or what order to listen to the tracks. The album has contrasting themes, what is it about why does half of the album have gospel sounding tracks whilst some tracks are the complete opposite talking about sex and partying? Well these themes are both mirrors of Kanye's lifestyle of family relationships whilst also enjoying a hedonistic lifestyle. The fact that these tracks are scattered throughout the album tells you that he can never stick to one lifestyle. He is 3 Pablos, Pablo Picasso who was a talented artist who had a bad family life with several mistresses, Pablo Escobar who was a criminal that had a good family life and Pablo, as in a mexican worker being exploited by a big corporation. It all ties in to these themes.

I'm about to listen to The Life of Pablo. I haven't listened to Kanye in awhile so I'm going through his work right now. Yeezus and 808s remain my favorites, but I don't think the man has ever put out anything bad. Hope TLoP doesn't change that, but I doubt it

1. MBDTF
2. Yeezus
3. LR
4. CD
5. 808s
6. TLOP
7. Grad

We all know im right

this

Lower all by 6 and we have the objetive truth

First time I've seen the correct rating on here

This list is true if you fulfil one of these criterias are met:
1) You're born after 1995
2) You like trap and have a shitty taste in music

what is the significance of the year 1995

>Yeezus is an obnoxious

Only if you didn't like Kanye's delivery and humor to begin with. It's got the most memorable one liners out of any Kanye album.

>dull

It's one of the most bold and experimental mainstream hip-hop albums released in a very long time.

>unimportant

The album made waves like few albums in the 2010s have.

>pop rap

Hm, I might I have missed the song with the Rihanna hook. Are you sure you aren't talking about TLOP?

Brainlets who don't understand Yeezus never fail to amuse me.

I'm only like 5 songs into The Life of Pablo so far, but this shit is great. Am I missing something from people who don't like this or are mixed on it?

The life of pablo is like Graduation 2.0

>chasing shitty pop trends
>godawful amount of trendy pop artist features (Chris Brown, Weeknd, Rihanna to name a few)
>first Kanye album to not innovate, instead bites the soundcloud aesthetic
>shitty trap-rap features
>literally only 2-3 genuinely good songs, same as Graduation
>doesn't work as an album
>too self-ironic, self-referential and not honest enough
>half baked beats that are mixed and mastered like shit, disguised as being 'soundcloud aesthetic'
>two of the worst skits/interludes in any hip-hop album ever
>will age like shit and will only get worse over time because of all the trendy, contemporary aspects (production, features etc.)
>feels like the definitive album for the millennial instagram hypebeast generation

I don't know what Kanye was thinking with tlop. Probably was mentored too much by absolute idiots.

Give me one reason this album isn't your favorite Kanye album
(Skits are an acceptable answer)

Switch Yeezus and LR and I'll live with it.

this.
it has some good songs though, like Ultra Light Beam, FML, Real Friends, No More Parties, 30 Hours and Saint Pablo

It’s hip-hop’s the white album. It’s fucking great.

I just like what he did with 808s more, but it's probably my 3rd favorite

>Graduation is easily his worst album.
That's very clearly yeezus or that compilation album.

CD > GR> TLOP > 808 > LR > MBDTN > YZ

the only correct list.

It's not really that good

>Remove the Skits and Interludes from all Kanye albums.

Now what would the rankings be?

>artists make "tricks" to "fool" people into thinking albums are masterpieces

Just finished TLoP and that album was pretty good. Had a really stronger opener and a really strong closer. Although he had a lot of featuring artists, I never felt like Kanye was the weakest link and I generally feel he did his usual excellent work of elevating more mediocre artists to his level.
Not sure where I'd rank it. I definitely feel it wasn't his worst album by any means.

it's near the bottom but it's not bad

Those are good lyrics because they're corny and endearing, and not detracting to what Bound 2 is, a cute love song to Kim.

That's kinda the point is Kanye is a funny guy. He doesn't think those are like the next Gil Scott Heron raps of the world or something, and even if he does it doesn't matter.

Because we all enjoy Kanye because of shit like Brad reputation and silly unexpected punchlines like Okay, i dont remember where we first met

Correct for blacklisting plebs, maybe.

Tbh you'd be closer to truth if you reversed it

>literally only 2-3 genuinely good songs, same as Graduation
Graduation has lots of good songs
>drunk and hot girls
>stronger
>flashing lights
>good morning
>champion
>I wonder
>good life

What's with peoplesaying the most outlandish dumb shit on the planet and then not explaining yourself

Agreed.
808s>CD>MBDTF>LR>Graduation>Yeezus>TLOP

Tell me what's dump about the list

So while we're at it, we can all agree that people who say they love 808s are just trying to be hipsters, yes?

Yes completely agree. It's good, but in no way even in the top half of Kanye albums.

It was an ok album
It had Ye's best tracks (Ultralight Beam, Real Friends, No More Parties in LA)
It also had his worst (Waves, Fade, Low Lights)

it’s actually pretty innovative it’s just dragged down by Kanye’s obsession with the pettiest alienating shit. He also leans way too heavily on “shocking” lyrics that just come off like the outbursts of a tourettes patient

I take them more seriously than the people who say Yeezus is even in his top 3

>College dropout is worse than yeezus
>graduation that low
>yeezus being better than anything but tlop
>808s that low
Then again it is purely subjective, but id at least appreciate a little explanation towards the ratings.

>MBDTF
Culmination of everything what makes kanye great, cohesive as a whole and revitalized his career, ambitious production and some of his best performances of his career with all the features supplementing the songs this albums apart of.
>LR
More focused than the college dropout and more personal, live instrumentation being the basis of the production means this album has a timeless sound.
>CD
Great songs throughout and a good introduction to who kanye is as a person and as an artist.
>808s
One of the most influential albums of this decade, it dictated the direction hip hop would take, effectively ending the gangsta era and ushering in the R&B fused rap music we know
>graduation
Although not as innovative as his other albums and loaded with features which feel underwhelming or simply reaching the bare minimum of what's needed, this album has enjoyable songs.
>yeezus
Some of kanyes dumbest lyrics ever, overindulgent, the rest of the album is industrial rap while bound 2 is the complete opposite. It has great songs but he mentions "cumming on my Hampton spouse" at least 3 times on the album, repetitive and redundant.
>tlop
Tlop is unorganized and not cohesive as a whole while having some of his best songs on there. The lows are too low and the revisions and additions to the album before and after releasing dont help its case. This is like the worst parts of graduation times 1000.

Meant to quote you

No more parties in LA is not one of his best and waves is not one of his worst.

>it's bad that's why it's good

That's not bad

*the objective ranking*

yeezus > late registration >= tlop > 808s > MBDTF > TCD > WTT > Graduation

this is fact btw

>tfw I can't control my niggas--and my niggas, they can't control me

Horrible trips, this is the real Ye faggot do you really think he cares about radio

Ultralight Beam to Famous is the greatest moment of his discography.

Graduation and TLOP are almost equal to me but i enjoy the production of TLOP more, so i placed it higher. I like how messy the Album is in a weird way. Its like you‘re throwing paint on the wall but it somehow turns out beautiful.
It‘s hard to explain in a post why i like Yeezus more than CD, LR etc. but i‘ll try. Yeezus to me feels like a complete movie and is the best album to listen to when you are drunk. The sequence from New Slaves to Guilt Trip is one of the runs imo and takes you through Kanye‘s dark side of his fame struggling with alcohol, women, sex addiction and trying to find a person who loves him as he is which he does in Bound 2. The sound is unique for Mainstream hip hop and perfectly fits the themes of this album. I know a lot of people hate the lyrics on this but i think this album needed a Kanye who tells things like he sees them and isnt using a overly flowery language or rapping amazing bars like in LR, that would actually distract from this kind of violent protest Kanye is portraying on the album.

He's too old to be saying many of the things he does on the album. Early ye wasn't close to this edgy

Feedback was pretty good too

I actively avoid Low Lights

>drunk and hot girls
>good
aaaahahahahahahahahaahahahhHahHhahaahahahahaha

So many people calling it shit now, will be funny to see how many will change their minds when everybody do a 360 and start calling it a masterpiece (it is). You fucking p4k drones

The Life Of Pablo is easily the most boring thing Kanye's ever done. It's neither engaging nor original. At this point it's the only main Kanye full length that I don't still listen to.

Pitchfork gave it a 9/10 BNM you fucking retard. Why don't YOU stop mindlessly droning garbage that Kanye makes like how Pitchfork does.

It's the final few tracks I have a problemo with. I think it would've worked if No More Parties was moved to the middle of Act 1 and then Act 3 was gotten rid of.

>list that has HAIM and Vampire Weekend in the top ten is being treated as serious

everything i am is the best song on the album by far and not even in that huge list wtf

oh wow
the which one is refering to: which picture does he pick
one is his family he loves,
the other is a sexualized woman
does he give up sex or risk losing love
Im derp, i never even noticed

Yes. And all those arguing are just dumb shit kids ,or, even worse, adults who don't know shit about music.

>Experimental mainstream

White album is dogshit.

>808s is worse than graduation,

Kill yourself filthy pleb

Drunk and Hot Girls and Barry Bonds would legit sink a lesser rapper.

I noticed this just a month ago too. Now listen to the album again with this in mind. ULB, FSMH 1&2, Famous, Highlights, FML, Wolves, Freestyle 4 all fall perfectly in the theme.

White album is the best Beatles album

And yeezus is the best Kanye album

It’s really genius how he plays this theme of duality with the lyrics as well as the instrumentation. It’s why he uses gospel samples and trap beats as recurring motifs, representing the struggle between his religious father side and his hedonistic celebrity side.

>It has a few more lows than the majority of his album I will concede, but it has so many god damn highs that it more than makes up for it.
fpbp

kanye's worst album is still a great album op

Fuck off R E D D I T