What's Sup Forums's favorite videogame?

What's Sup Forums's favorite videogame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVgcR5aLVMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Either Battlefront 2 or From Russia With Love.

I got banned for telling a name faggot to kill himself in the drawthread

I really like Silent Hill 3.

The moderator over at Sup Forums there is a fucking faggot

>Battlefront 2
My nigga

Shin Megami Tensei: New York

Seinfeld: Hey, Kramer. Have you seen my Charm Bullets by any chance?
Kramer: *turns away and scratches the side of his face shiftily* Oh, nope. Not seen them, Jerry.
Seinfeld: That's strange, because I could've sworn you asked to take them down the demon disco last night. You even gave me this poltergeist as collateral.
*A box of cereal flies past Jerry's head*
Kramer: I don't know what you're talking about, Jerry!
*A pixie floats into Jerry's apartment*
Pixie: Hey, Kramer! We're going to be late for the movie!
Kramer looks at the pixie, then back to Jerry, then back to the pixie.
Kramer: Let's go baby.
Kramer and the pixie exit Jerry's apartment
Jerry: Well, at least he hasn't sunk as low as George.
Camera turns to face George in the corner of the room on his hands and knees, groveling to a succubus.
Succubus: Give me a Life Stone!
George: I already gave you 15! 15 for a peck on the cheek and a hug? No way, hozay! I may be on my hands and knees, but I still have some pride, you know!
*The succubus glares threateningly at George*
George: *dejectedly puts his hand into his pants pocket* Yes, master.

Wtf?

I just wish it wasn't so short

Red Dead, The Last of Us

kinos both

dorf

fuck elves

dark souls is perhaps the only patrician answer

*bloodborne
if it was finished i'd probably say kentucky route zero

my favorite game is double dutch rudder

>FRWL
God damn i didnt know anyone else who had it. That + BF is confirmed good taste

maybe if you are 14 and actually think the lore is "deep"

they've also made too many of them now

you tried.

DS1 is by far better than bloodborne for world and level design alone

I just meant the first one

Nerf for lloyd braun when

TOP TEN SPOOKS ONLY 90s KIDS WILL REMEMBER

>he thinks ds1 lore is deep
>he thinks ds1 is somehow better than bb
>>>r/darksouls

would it hold up if I never played it and bought the hd remake?

I form every opinion I have from the Metal Gear Solid franchise

I can never lie to myself and say anything other than Grim Fandango.
It's like the Fifth Element, it's not the best but it's my eternal favorite.

silent hill 2 or paper mario

Resident Evil 2 or Mega Man X

if you play on controller on pc JSR is still solid
JSRF on xbox is supposed to be good as well

alternate universe samefag?

It's severely underrated, even if it took liberties like Tanya barely being there it's really true to the movie.

Sad it was Connery's last good role but any fan of Bond should play it, would love more Bond games true to the movies.

Shit, my man. I had never realized the difference between JSR and JSRF. I had played it once at an EB Games or Gamecrazy and found it enjoyable, and then played it once later and couldn't figure out why I liked it in the first place. Now I know I played Jet Set Radio the first time and JSRF the second.

The only game I was ever good at competing with other people was Dead or Alive 3 so that one

Gotcha Force

absolutely

the cel-shaded graphics make it timeless and the gameplay is smooth and fun as fuck. Only issue is that it isn't a very long game and you will be hungry for more when it's over

Quantum Break

ds1 isn't deep because of the lore, ds1 is deep because of the world it creates. no other game has created a world as convincing, magical, and mysterious as that in ds1.

Bloodborne is fine, but its world wasn't designed to be a world, it was designed to be a game. And so the exploration is predictable and formulaic pretty much from the outset. I'm sure everyone could feel the formula designed into every single level of that game with respect to the shortcuts.

What is story and lore in video games compared to real, living worlds?

i dont understand

NetHack. I achieved an 11-conduct ascension in 3.4.3 but my favorite ascension of all time was a pacifist tourist.

NetHack also contains references to Indiana Jones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Ghostbusters, so it's completely on-topic.

DMC3

I loved however much of this I could play before getting tired of banging my head against the wall trying to figure out the solutions. Eventually I was just forcing myself to play up until I felt comfortable looking the solutions up.

It's sad because I loved it so much but just couldn't grasp the gameplay

Probably Dark Souls or FEAR

Obviously Silent Hill 2 and RE 2 are totally different (I haven't played either), but they are both the second entry in "the popular horror franchises".

And then Mega Man X and Paper Mario are both drastic (to differing degrees) changes in the series of "the popular side scrollers".

And the posts were 7 seconds apart.

you're right about the world progression and how you move through the game and how ds1 changes up the formula compared to BB, but ds1 is really overrated as far as how much freedom you really have in exploring (though that being said BB has even less)
bloodborne makes up for that by having the best gameplay in the series though

>no other game has created a world as convincing, magical, and mysterious as that in ds1.
how about literally any fantasy RPG since their creation

Who was in the wrong here?

I want this to happen now, OP.

"You've selected easy...not that there's anything wrong with it."

"Hello...Newman."

same here, those 90's puzzle adventure games are so clever but I just don't have the brain for them, and always having to look up faqs kinda sucks the joy out of the experience and make me feel like a moron. It's even worse when you haven't played for a few days and completely forget what you were supposed to be doing in-game

I played it when I was like 7 because my dad bought it for me. My neighbor happened to see the box on my shelf and freaked out, later bringing me his 30 page printout of an early online walkthrough on goldenrod paper.

So I have only ever experienced it with the ability to cheat, but I still did like you and tried my hardest for the enjoyment.
>that petrified forest puzzle
>that fucking ticket machine what the fuck
>the anchor puzzle

Never played Nethack but I've got a few dozen hours in DCSS. Only ever ascended once and it was with a MiFi

>Fucking Kramer with that spinkick moonwalk combo
>Elaine with the little kicks of fury
>Jerry with his fusilli stand

Except bloodborne is way too easy and repetitive.

>all these fucking souls/bb fags having a side convo

Have any examples?

Both TES lore and the lore from the D&D games (Baldur's Gate, BG2, Neverwinter Nights, etc.) take a huge steaming shit all over Dark Souls "world-building".

If you want depth, complexity and downright insanity when it comes to world-building, read some of the in-game books in Oblivion or Skyrim.

Dark Souls is overrated trash, to be quite honest, it's only popular because its janky combat and AI give it an artificial sense of difficulty.

RE4

Seinfeld has a shitload of regular characters. What a lazy edit.

Anyway, Jagged Alliance 2.

>that marble rye tag-team move when you use Jerry/George
Frank is overpowered IMO, the festivus pole has way too much reach.

Have never ascended in DCSS. I don't grok it as I do NetHack. It's really fun, though, I play it from time to time.

The oldfaggery in this thread is comfy.

Frank is fucking worse than Xiba

Do a few runs of MiFi of Okawaru or MiBe of Trog and you'll ascend without much trouble.

Of all time? Probably Suikoden 2. MGS2: Substance right up there too.

More recently, it would have to be XCOM; Commander Edition though.

Homeworld.

I like space games.

I'm not talking about lore man, I'm talking about the physical construction of the world. I thought I made that clear by saying "ds1 isn't deep because of the lore." Dark souls has a world that isn't designed like one long level, it's designed like a real place. This, as far as I know, is not a characteristic shared by many games. It's like a condensed little world which is unformulaic and therefore realistic, where every piece of it has this assumed history and meaning. I don't even care what the history of it all is, just that it all is so consistent with itself that you know it's there.

>crossposters have better vidya taste than Sup Forums
really makes you think...

King of the Hill Online

This term get's thrown around a lot, but Third Strike is literally Kinography.

Nah play Kings Field or any From classics. Dark Souls world is just dumb in comparison

I am nowhere near ever completing DS1, but I think the world feels very much like a video game design. It's just very well implemented into feeling like a single entity.

>SWBF2
>Fallout 3/NV
>Space Engineers
>Star Wars Podracer game from N64
>first 3 jak and daxter games

>I got banned for telling a name faggot to kill himself in the drawthread

i miss tha old 4chaye

>festivul pole OP
>not Newmans flaming postal punch

Again, I'd direct you to any of the big 3 Elder Scrolls games, or any of the D&D games. Pillars of Eternity is another example, although possibly that's primarily because it's a BG2 clone. The Diablo series, even the Fable series. Kingdoms of Amalur was a great example, although a lot of people didn't play it. All these games featured great immersive environments that make the lore come alive around the player.

I'd argue that although you're dismissing the lore as a secondary concern, it's actually the stuff that allows a designer to build a convincing and immersive world for the player to become engrossed in. Without the lore, there is no "assumed history and meaning" to any of the environments.

World-building is probably the most important part of a successful fantasy RPG, and most of them have done it as well as or better than Dark Souls.

obviously Warhawk

youtube.com/watch?v=TVgcR5aLVMU

oh walker...you cut-up.

I just unlocked the "Ukraine is strong!" guy...how the fuck am I suppose to use him?

>all these people complaining how there is no good counter to Elaine
>they don't even know about Peterman's special move: The English Patient

it's true, she hates it
for non-tourneyfags, is it possible for newman to beat jerry in the mail delivery minigame? No matter what I do, i can never get as many packages delivered against Jerry players.

>designers get lazy and just add artificial difficulty

Oblivion and Skyrim have incredibly contrived dungeons that immediately tear you out of the world, along with vast portions of nothingness populated primarily with bandit camps. It's been a long time since I played the Fable games, but if I remember correctly both Fable 2 and 3 suffered from the contrivance of quest markers (which immediately disqualify an open world game from being taken seriously, imo). Morrowind is actually excellent, but it's the only game out of your list which I would agree about.

morrowind doesnt even have voice acting. you have to read all the text yourself.

Anyone else have difficulty with these guys? I've been trying to tank with Newman and just spam stink eye when he dies.

>Oblivion and Skyrim have incredibly contrived dungeons that immediately tear you out of the world

I'm not sure what you mean by this at all. Do you mean the layout? Because the aesthetics were always perfectly in tune with the lore. The first time I went into some Dwemer ruins in Skyrim and came face-to-face with Falmer was one of the most tense and immersive gaming moments of my life.

>both Fable 2 and 3 suffered from the contrivance of quest markers

I don't think anyone at all would accuse any of the Fable games of being "open world games", and while I can see how quest markers could break your immersion somewhat they're not inherently deleterious to level design and its relationship world-building.

>Newman
There's your main problem.
Also, has anybody found out how to unlock Little Jerry yet?

Marvel Vs Capcom games are fun

Totally sick game, senpai. The only thing was that the dark Heather boss seemed way too difficult, like almost impossible.

Vidyakino

This

So cool.

Apparently it was instigating a flamewar and the guy never contributes to the thread other than asking for his oc shit every thread.

ProPain?

Tim Kaine on election night

Only good game on here. That wine tasting stage. Never fucking beat it.

Only games I've seen unanimously loved on Sup Forums is Battlefront 1&2.

My nigga

Snatcher on Sega is clearly superior tho

Bioshock
Inb4 meme game, it's great all around and the ending made me tear up once I realized how it finished up Jack's story arc.

You mean Infinite? I love 1 and 2 to an extent since 2 made the gameplay so much better, I'm never playing Infinite myself.

Naw, the first one.
Jack had no reason to be a good goy, being a clone whose sole purpose is to bend to Suchong's mind control, but he does it anyway. And after he finds out he's a clone with a made up family, he finds a real one on the surface in the rescued little sisters. I dunno, I guess it just didn't register the first time I played it. Infinite's pretty good if you can stand an ending that doesn't really make any sense.

It's literally just System Shock and Ryan was a good fucking antagonist.