South Park Season 20 Finale Thread

South Park Season 20 Finale Review The End of Serialization as We Know It
youtube.com/watch?v=rN09sjkf4Rw

South Park Season 20 Finale Review The End of Serialization as We Know It

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_U7tZ3CpAh0
youtube.com/watch?v=fNeKKIOZkGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Showed him my dick, called him a faggot.

how many things didn't go anywhere?

I hate when Stan moralizes at the end of these things. Fuck those guys. I hope that was the last season.

lost it at post-funny satire era

garbage ending

pretty shitty season overall

not going to watch again

Terrible season. Pull the plug. More unfunny than a recent Simpson's episode I half-watched.

just in time

member member berries?

Matt and Trey didn't member

'Member how 'Memberberries were set up to be an element of the Garrison Presidency, which hasn't even started yet?
'Member how this was yet again reinforced when Garrison took his seat in the Oval office, rows of 'member berries before his desk?

This user doesn't 'member!

the new format sucks

Member berries were the only good part of this season. These two episodes without them sucked assholes.

youtube.com/watch?v=_U7tZ3CpAh0

You are either extremely fucking autistic or too fucking good at trolling that I can't fucking stand it. Stop shilling your stuff here.

>trump won because of nostalgia!
>trump won because people were trolled into voting for him!

They still don't fucking get it
how embarrassing

damn

>They didn't resolve the member berries story arc
>Cartman didn't break up with Heidi

Otherwise, pretty good finale.
>"Showed him my dick, called him a fag"

They were saying Trump won because the shitstorm caused by SJW's in response to the alt-right made him gain notoriety.

>They didn't resolve the member berries story arc
They can't.
Garrison/Trump Presidency is the 'member berries arc.

As for Heidi, her arc is all about the current lowkey class/gender/race wars, which in the real world have not been resolved.

the member berries thing was more of a joke on how everything's getting a reboot and a light joke on Trump's policies. And yes, the internet and Sup Forums's influence was huge. It's true.

Is that what they went for? Literally the opposite happened in real lfie

Trump's policies aren't nostalgiabait, only his slogan
And to suggest people are voting for trump purely because of his slogan is idiotic

What do you mean?

I'd say that the shitstorm caused by the alt-right, a reactionary movement, in response to the SJWs caused Trump to gain notoriety.

t. voted for Hillary

I'm glad they didn't break up, hope Cartman gets over his conspiracy theory. Cartman and Heidi scenes were some of the best this season

>Trump's policies aren't nostalgiabait, only his slogan
his slogan is based on his policies. Until the last few weeks before the election almost his entire campaign was BUILD A WALL
>MEMBER WHEN THERE WERE LESS SPICS?
>MEMBER BEING SAFE?

That said, the show focuses much more on the voters' nostalgia than on Trump's policies. Hell, Garrison was mostly trying to lose the election. There's no racism and little to no anti-PC stuff in his policies. But his overall attitude made many racists, Sup Forumstards and nostalgic people vote for him.

>Until the last few weeks before the election almost his entire campaign was BUILD A WALL

You're moronic, the policies he ran on was economic security, border securitt, job security, job growth, lower taxes, less regulations on small businesses and self employed, strengthen military, fix the VA, vets before illegals, and NAFTA, no TPP, end common core, end obamacare, and appoint justices that will protect and respect the constitution

I don't really follow SP anymore but did Cartman end up revealing a master plan or has he truly changed?

End NAFTA*

stan wasn't even in the finale

yeah and you could ask the average Trump supporter at that time what his policies were and they would barely give you an answer other than the wall.
>economic security
>it's fucking nothing: the platform
>border security
oh you mean WALL
>job security
basically "MEMBER WHEN SPICS WERENT STEALING ARR JOBS?!?!" was the majority's mindset. It was noticeable enough for a TV cartoon to joke about it.
The rest is Republican pandering 101, just like Hillary with liberals, and every time I heard a person publicly speak about their reasons for supporting him all they said was "he's an honest man and he tells it like it is", the same reason the show's characters had. It was spot on.

pretty sure he meant Kyle. I kind of dislike that too, but sometimes it's ok

Simpsons did it, they already made Trump president before South Park did.

Season 19 worked as an overarching plot thanks to sticking with one theme and sticking with it
Season 20 tried to have an overarching plot but have it relate to current events, leading to rewrites and making the entire season feel jumbled up with plots going nowhere, characters being stupid and nothing really funny happening

Trump literally won the election because of his "bring back zee jobs from chyna" shtick

That was the entire reason a bunch of states that haven't gone red since the 1980s swung in his favor

Also the job stealers people disliked were the chinese

Also I'm guessing that the reason they give you a non-answer like "he's an honest man" is because if they tell you that they want the fucking beaners to get the fuck out you'll call them racist, so they keep their mouth shut

>WERENT STEALING ARR JOBS

Member the episode that slogan appeared in?
Member how it was the closing line of a reasonable monologue?
Member how everyone ignored the substance in favour of da funy wurds and now Donald Trump is President-Elect?
Member how the goobacks actually did take jobs, and member how middle class Americans were happy about it because it meant more cheap shit for them?

Member?
Member how nobody really gave a fuck about Hilary's policies because they were too busy looking at DA WAAAAWWW!!! that didn't exist?
Member how you would struggle to tell me her program?
Member how you said 'I don't like her, but I'll vote for her!' as though that relieves you of any responsibility to learn about who you were electing? Member that?

Member your integrity? Really?

Doesn't matter what average Trump supporters think, it's what he actually ran on

>basically "MEMBER WHEN SPICS WERENT STEALING ARR JOBS?!?!" was the majority's mindset. It was noticeable enough for a TV cartoon to joke about it.

Yeah naw, I didn't even watch this shit. But Trump has already saved at 1,000 jobs and 50,000 new jobs

Are you tired of winning yet?

Not by a long shot

Do you think every Hillary or Bernie voter was fully versed in their choice's policies? Not even close. It's not a new thing that the average voter doesn't have a full booklet of reasons why they are voting, nobody completely agrees with their candidate, and if they say they do then they're lying. You don't need to agree entirely with a political candidate - and most don't - that's Redshit mentality. Most people find one thing that attracts them to a candidate, in Trump's case it was mostly either the wall or trade deals, and they go under their wing. For Bernie it was free college, for Hillary it was muh vagina.

Yeah sjws came first

Also alt right is just another liberal buzzword for saying "everybody that disagrees with us is a nazi"

You are only making things worse by using stuff like that

>voted for Hillary

Trump won becuase the average american does not care about tranny fags "rights" or the made up bullshit of the wage gap, they care about having actually jobs, lower taxes, better systems in urban shit holes. Also the media bias was blatant to every normie.

T. Voted for and Supported President Trump

I'm glad that's over.

I sincerely hope Trey and Matt re-find themselves next year and drop this shitty arc system for a season and focus on one-offs like usual.

I voted for Trump for trade deals, tax, and most importantly the blow to Feminism and SJW's. And while the Fire Rises my brother, the SJW tears are sweet as honey.

>saved 1000 jobs

lol

do even a little bit of reading about that- the unions convinced the company to keep 800 of them here before trump even left, and the extra ~350 were never in any real danger since they were engineering jobs

but don't worry, the nice company gets another giant tax break so i'm sure it'll trickle down thanks to our glorious ally mnuchin, who will drain the swamp!

>using the term 'sjw'
>alt right is just a buzzword for everyone who disagrees with us

do you read what you right

Seems like they planned on Hillary being president which messed up the second half of the season

This is actually correct

his character has been completely ruined. no plan, he's just an SJW now

I'm looking foward to Trey and Matt's commentary on this season, I want to see what and how are they going to excuse this

Last year he was turned into a sjw because it seemed like an appropriate direction to take, he's going to shit on everyone and make everyone's lives miserable, but in this new season it's not clear because it's a smooth transition into being a legit sjw to somewhat reverting back to old Cartman

Tweek & Craig confirmed a gay couple once more.

There is a general agreement on what makes a sjw a sjw

The same can't be said about the alt right

But yeah just keep calling anybody that disagrees with you a nazi and try to censor them if you want 8 years of Trump

So this season was all build up and no pay off like last season?

Yes.

Speaking of last year, I was expecting something better than ''PC Principal punches a hole through the advertisement girl thing''

Did they ever explain how PC Principal was with her in that ad?

So what's the future hold for Heidi & Eric? Cartman is now redpilled about women but he still doesn't want to let go of her.

what was Cartman's endgame? He DID have an endgame with his unusual behavior this season right?

He was trying to survive in a changing world.

He was an ad too. Political Correctness is just an advertisement to gentrify language and culture. That was the point.

The whole point of the frat house is that the PC people all are insincere and have ulterior motives, but PC Principle doesn't, he genuinely believes in it positively and not for anything ulterior, so he was a "good" ad who wanted to destroy the other ads after he found out he was an ad.

that's it? how underwhelming.

It's happened before though, that's perfectly in-character for him.
'member when they got in the 4th grade and Cartman made them all think the 3rd grade was a paradise on Earth they should use time-travel to get back to?

Now if only they didn't spend the entire season with whatever and quickly slapped together that explanation for the season finale

I really, really want to know how they originally planned on the season finishing under the assumption Trump would lose.

>Matt & Trey
>planned
Dohohoho!

>Also I'm guessing that the reason they give you a non-answer like "he's an honest man" is because
Whatever the reason, it seems they used that phrase a lot, just enough to reach South Park's writers room. Also your guess is extremely debatable, but it's 4:43AM and I'm not in the mood, so whatever you win thanks for the (You).
You're implying I support Hillary and think all of his ideas are bad. What the fuck are you on about? My integrity? Really? What an asshurt reply
It does, because those are the voters that elected him, he didn't elect himself. And we're not arguing what matters or not, I was talking about what the writers used in the show to joke about Trump supporters and why it was spot on.
>Do you think every Hillary or Bernie voter was fully versed in their choice's policies? Not even close
Nah, not at all. Some Trump supporters are even more informed than some Hillary/Bernie supporters, as clearly seen in the "YOU FUCKING WHITE MALE" video. But as I said, the "he tells it like it is" bullshit was prevalent enough to become a funny South Park joke.

over this show

it's like the Simpson now
every season gets less funny

they both only get by because of the long following they've built over the years
but in reality the quality isn't there anymore

This. They should have both been put down years ago, but dummies keep watching them and buying their junk.

>that one part where they explain trolling and Mr. Garrison asks isn't that how he got elected

god damn it, Sup Forums
chuckled desu senpai

They won't because the unwashed masses still think this show is hilarious. Look at the comments outside of Sup Forums, people praise it as the second coming, like they are Westworld and Game of Thrones.

Probably kill off Garrison's character after a big dumb fight sequence between him and Hillary.

>killing off a beloved character who's been around since episode 1
No user, no.

the alt right is a thing and it was mainly fueled by a particular board in this site. They're just as bad as SJWs.
Season 18 and 19 were fucking hilarious. The arc system works, they just have to do it right. It was just too messy and slow this time.
Didn't Hillary actually had the majority of the votes? Not sure if it's true or not, I haven't really checked but I've been reading that lately.

I'm sure people care about gay rights, and the not entirely made up wage gap. Trump won because Hillary is just extremely unlikable and the DNC fucked over Democrat voters by rigging the nomination trying to shove her down our throats. Then the leaks came around, then the blatant propaganda everywhere than even a retard could notice. That combined with meme influence and overall disenfranchised Democrats contributed to Donald's victory. During the election I read this comment somewhere that I have to agree with even though I'm left leaning: "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line." Many Democrats can change their minds and either vote third party or not vote very easily. Many don't think as much about the party as they think about the actual candidates. Republicans just vote Republican.

The only time i laughed the entire season, even i was seeing it coming from a mile away

which is hilarious. The le evil plan trope was really getting old. Cartman finds vagina jokes funny, his reasons for being "SJW" are completely different from Heidi's reasons. He also experienced the glory of seeing a vagina and discovered the potential of mankind. Of course a virgin like you wouldn't get it, but it's fucking hilarious, easily the best recurring gag this season

1. what will SP studios do with trolltrace.com

2. Catmen's vision has been a joke i've seen many times before. In Boy meets world Topanga wants a world of women and men locked away in the mines for sperm only. In Futurama, in many TV shows they make refernces to a women only society and men locked away in underground mines.

Full song in squicky style
youtube.com/watch?v=fNeKKIOZkGQ

lmao there are actual posters here who believe in Cartman's underground semen slave conspiracy theory
I fucking hope not. He's had endgames for 19 seasons. It was about time they made the character a little different

Season 18-19 are among the best South Park seasons, I don't care about your nostalgia

good thing I've never liked any of those shitty shows

Is this supposed to be funny?

The fuck was the whole point of the remembrance grapes?

well this season was an absolute shitfest

That Star Wars sucks.

To diss star wars

wow hey cool just like indian jones rape episode so epic

Yes.

I can safely say as a southpark fan since the 1st episode in 1997 that this is the WORST season ever.

They had a dip a couple of years ago with some dud episodes but nothing like this.

Such a fucking retarded mess you could see they banked on Trump losing and wrote this season around that then had to toss 1/2 the fucking material because he won.

There wasnt even any hillary losing jokes or anything it was just shit

I really want them to go back to making individual episodes. This unfunny troll trace storyline didnt merit and entire season

I love how Reddit is in there but not Sup Forums

There point is there isn't such thing as "bad press"

Since the press industry is slowly dying, they've been relying more and more on shock value, writing about things people hate, without realizing that by doing that they were promoting them. Reverse psychology, contrarianism, Sup Forums should know.

>he's just an SJW now
Say what?

By the end of the episode he believes women's master plan is to enslave men and farm their semen and sense of humor.

this A few episodes maybe since the internet played a role in the election and its surprise results, but a entire season? They just ended up stretching everything too far.

I still don't believe this meme about them expecting Hillary to win so much they didn't plan ahead what would happen if she didn't.

It just doesn't sound very prudent, and it's not like they don't have writers to do two versions of a few episodes.

Wow that video was terrible OP

Hey, I know! Lets have cartman be unfunny the whole season!

That's like every season the past 8 seasons

they are liberals in california
I highly doubt they even considered Trump could win

Hillary didn't even have a concession speech, dude

They were 100 percent sure she'd win

Season 19 was excellent though

>Cartman finds vagina jokes funny
Some people are too dense to get a watered down South Park.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't actually believe that when he spouts that he loves vagina jokes while crying at one point, he just wants to keep Heidi and makes sure he gets on Mars. He doesn't give a fuck about Amy Schumerberg, he's just being a collaborationist pretending to believe in propaganda.