youtu.be/CRuyujLSkxo
m.imgur.com/a/NW9Gt
vocaroo.com/i/s0khyu6dxiVD
youtube.com/watch?v=t6XdvNCYBT0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first

quads

can i copyright guitar licks

I wish I had downloaded the Steve Lukather Star Licks vid when it was still up on the toobz.

>444
>quads
No wonder everything you play sounds like a waltz.

what you mean by waltz

You can copyright melodies and lyrics.

i know that

theres still toobz on my room. an el34 and some 12ax7s

You think you're just gonna waltz in here, playing in 4/4 time?

Thanks to the crypto meme craze I put in a custom order for a bilt zaftig, $2500 (picture is MS paint mockup I made)

yeah and you will submit to me as i play my alpha sounding 4/4 playing

Good choice, that's going to be a sweet guitar. Lollar pickups?

yeah, really funny pickups

where is your dildo?

Thanks and yup, Lollar regals (seems to be based of fender wide range from 70s) I chose a lower wind for the neck

up my ass dumb idiot

dont call your ass dumb idiot.

your ass is mine and i call it whatever i want

Check out my e-book.

nice!

should i stop playing for some days if my left hand is tightening

Maybe you should permanently stop you pussy faggot

at least im not a dick's faggot like you are

Lol!

This

how long have you been playing? describe the issue more

>my back is sore, should I stop lifting heavy things?

Retard

Any of you guys play in Spurdo tuning?

Reposting from last /gg/:

I don't like my Joyo Analog Delay, maybe I just haven't gotten the most out of it, but to me the repeats sound very muffed, as if a piece of cloth covered the amp. Would a digital delay suit me better? I just want to obtain a mellow extension of the sound, like reverbish/echoish

What do you think of this? It's a clon of the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay

youtube.com/watch?v=yI9hpV3mus0&feature=youtu.be

How do I get a pick out of my acoustic.

You can't. Give up now, consider it a sacrifice to the guitar gods or something.

This whole thread is spurdo

See

>Spurdo
A musical onomatopoeia. It's a stupid as it sounds.

There's a machine for that purpose. See pic.

youtu.be/CRuyujLSkxo

That's the only thing in this thread that sucks more than the guitar players here.

m.imgur.com/a/NW9Gt
Files too large for this shithole. Can anyone tell me what these samicks are? Pretty sure they're 90s and one is a yj? Series

R8

I strongly approve of the Fenders

>too new
> too shiny
> too unused
hang them on a wall ;)

What is this, a "my first guitars" playset for children or something?

Come back when you find a style that isn't in a disgustingly generic shape. Or hell, if you have to own boring instruments, at least get them in a less boring color.

nice thread idiots

Is that Bruno Mars?

no he's the guy who lists all the fa/gg/ots who ruined /gg/

Like blooze dad butt rockers? That guy was less hawaian than this one

>m.imgur.com/a/NW9Gt
red one = 690th of production in dec. 2011
yellow one = 1295th of production in aug. 2014

the beveled cutaways make me think they're 2000s models instead of 90s models.

yellow one = no idea on model.
red one = kp series

that's really all i can figure out at the moment.

Thank you!

I just care for them. As you should with any investment!

Thanks for the rate! What looks good is subjective, and I love these shapes.

Is it possible to play so much your fingers bleed?

>investment
k keep photographing your investment scalper.

They’re $600 a piece, so I’m hardly a scalper. It took me a second to photograph these with my phone too.
You are forgiven.

Funny that the brass is all corroded and the electronics are showing signs of age, especially in the red one. I'm fairly certain the 'yellow' which is actually a clear finish is the older of the two.

some years but it only got bad and steady recently

gaht DAMN this thread especially shit today...
Don't feed the grinch
Have you been doing something different? Does it hurt? Where in your hand do you feel it?

Ok so I just started playing a few weeks back. Thing is I would love to play with effects and try out stuff. Now I know pedals are good but I cant afford those right now. However cause I'm intro production a lot I have the full version of Guitar Rig5.

My question: Is it somehow possible (through any controller or so) to get better control over it? Basically I would like to make my own effects chains and control them via MIDI etc.

I hate doing shit with my mouse.

How do I make my lead sound like I'm not just playing up and down a scale?

Anyone have any experience with Breedloves? Looking at a pursuit or stage series. Are Taylor or Martins in that range ($350-$600) any good?

post a sound sample
but my advice is learn to play/copy lines you like the easier it is to get a feel for soloing without having to be a rip off thought it seems counter intuitive at first

go full mathrock then

so you want just to "soundscape" stop being fucking lazy.

By writing something that isn't garbage

yes
on the right hand i started picking with the arm and keeping the wrist stiff. then i started doing pizzicato on guitar and bass and it got real bad
then i spent a week at a construction shaving paint from windows and carrying stuff and it it got even worse
i feel the hand and fingers kinda stiff to completely "open" them (but they do open), have tinglings on the fingers and on a nerve/vein on the wrist

literally git gud

Nice blogpost

I posted this in the last thread.

vocaroo.com/i/s0khyu6dxiVD

Go buy a taylor GS mini, best guitar for the price.

Learn arpeggios and learn your arpeggios and scale tones up and down each string instead of just box shapes so you can slide around and make more vocal sounding lines using wider intervals. Target the tones of each chord as it goes by.

mong

im listening to pic related
when did the guitarist start doing solos
some sounds like the new york dolls

Please reply

This is my 10/10. I would probably never play it, just have it laying there looking gorgeous.

Please stop me paying 3.5k for this.

Rhythm. Makes an universe of difference. If you play in the groove it doesnt matter if you only play three notes.

Do arpeggios instead of just playing a scale. A minor 7 arpeggio is literally just the minor pentatonic without the 4th but that can already make a difference in terms of making it sound tied to the chord that's being played.
In a passage that's completely diatonic (say, C-Am-F-G7) you CAN just play the C major scale over everything but it's better to pick just the tones that are within the chord that's currently being played at any given time (in this example, CEGB for C, ACEG for Am, FACE for F, GBDF for G7) and try to emphasise the differences as the chords change. That'll make your lead lines sound more connected to the accompaniment. From there you can start adding tension and passing tones and whatnot to spice it up.

That sounds like good advice.

THIS IS ADVANCED SHIT THAT TAKES MONTHS OF TRAINING LET ALONE MUSIC KNOWLEDGE.

Stop trying to sell this shit like its a Metallica solo you learn on a weekend.

Okay here your describing issues with your right (picking hand) as well as your left (from the first post)
Which fingers are tingling? Pinky and ring finger? Tingling fingers is a sign of nerve damage/compression, usually from a bent wrist.
Too much pressure fretting especially with an awkward wrist bend can lead to damage and the same thing happens and is common with bass players on the plucking hand.
Another thing is picking with the arm and keeping the wrist straight like Dick Dale can work but you have to do it safely, its easy to put to much tension where nerves meet at the elbow and this can manifest itself as tingling/numbness in the fingers.
Don't fuck around with nerve damage if youre getting tingling, it can be permanent

Also a good idea. Just playing straight 8th, 16th or whatever notes gets old really fast so it's a good idea to experiment with different ways of subdividing the time signature and even omitting some beats. Even a really basic melody can sound more interesting when handled in a rhythmically playful way.

Arpeggios are fucking easy, what are you talking about.

>minor pentatonic without the 4th

The 4th what? I don't really know theory that well. I'm not even 100 percent sure what an arpeggio is exactly.

Um, not really? If the guy is playing over simple chord progressions all it really takes is knowing what notes are in what chord (hell, you don't even need that, it's pretty intuitive on guitar) and knowing where to find them. Really not that advanced. And as for months of training: 1) doesn't take that long just to get started, 2) if one wants to get good at an instrument they should be ready to invest the time in it without being told "DON'T DO IT IT'S TOO ADVANCED" (especially when it isn't).

good taste, fellow

Arpeggio = a chord played linearly, i.e. one note after another. If you play a C major chord you're playing the notes C, E and G simultaneously, in a C major arpeggio you'll play those in a sequence one after the other.
With a, say, A minor 7 chord (you can turn most regular minor chords in relatively simple music into minor 7 without messing stuff up) the arpeggio will be A, C, E, G whereas the A minor pentatonic is A, C, D, E, G. The D is the 4th degree of the A minor scale, but not part of the A minor 7 chord. You don't really need to worry about this if you don't feel ready to get into music theory, although I strongly advise doing so early on, it helps a lot.

god i should have wiped off the grime, pubes and dog hair before posting

thats some really good explanation, thank you, i appreciate it, but what i can/should do about it

See

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

Maybe just learn a different instrument

are you saying its irreversible

Should I keep practicing one minute chord changes until I hit 60 changes/min before starting the next lesson? Talking about justinguitar.com lessons btw

How can we make guitar relevant again? Millennials are largely uninterested in learning to play

>but to me the repeats sound very muffed
That is the whole point of an analog delay. Each successive echo loses treble. That's how real tape delays sound.
>Would a digital delay suit me better?
Sounds like it.

We probably can't. Guitar is too white to be promoted heavily right now.

Dude I'm shitposting just stop playing for a couple of days and try again and if it starts hurting again just tough it out and maybe it will stop once your hands are used to it.

its in good health

chinese are making bank of clones and murricans also making dosh of customs.

I don't think the issues that guy was describing are a good idea to "tough out". Might want to go a bit easier on the hands, maybe practise less and focus more on technique (most notably, keeping the wrists as straight as possible) and if the problems persist a doctor might be able to help.

okay the other dude isn't explaining well and it's making me uncomfortable so I will try. Your clip you were playing was over just an A Major chord. An A major scale is:
A B C# D E F# G#
To make chords from a scale, you skip over a note, so starting on A: A, skip B, C#, skip D, E
So A C# E is an A Major chord. You can keep going, So A C# E (skip F#) G# and you have a Major 7. Anyway, 1 3 5 is A major. The tab for the chord you were playing at the beggining is
0 E 5
2 C# 3
2 A 1
2 3 5
0 A 1
x
1 3 5 all at once, and it is a chord, you play each at a time its an arpeggio.
see the pic I made for A major scale, and A Maj 7 arppegio, learn both of those shapes and listen how the arpeggio sounds right more often than just the scale,
you can play these over what you did in vocaroo, or you can use your licks from that and this shit in picture on this youtube.com/watch?v=t6XdvNCYBT0
try it.

I haven't played guitar in six years because at the time money was tight and I had to sell my setup.

My wife wants me to start playing again so our daughter can grow up in a more musical household, but I'm not sure what to get. Going into a shop and trying out a bunch is not really possible since we live in a rural area (with closest store 1.5hr away).

I have a budget of $1000CAD give or take. I was thinking of picking up the PRS SE24 Standard when the 2018 version comes out. It's $650CAD or so which lets me pick up a Boss ME-80 as well (I previously had a GT-8 which I loved).

Are PRS guitars good?

fugg :DDD