>Get sad

Stop getting frustrated

>ok today I'm going to make a song!
>open DAW
>see this
>close program and go back to feeling bad about myself

>Guitar lessons making you bankrupt
>end up quitting
Shit would be so much easier if I had a buddy who taught me how to play for free.

You don't really need a teacher, the internet is filled with free videos and tutorials that you can work with when learning an instrument and music theory, it just takes more discipline that way because nobody is actively checking your progress.

break it down into steps
what kinda music do you enjoy? what kinda music do you want to make?
I toy around with glitch and breakcore, so I tend to approach making a track like this:
>design some percussion, export them as samples
>design some pads/synths/leads
>do some beat sequencing
>build some patches for my assorted effects processors
>make one section of the song at a time, then think of a way to make them progress naturally into each
just break it down into steps. if you use a physical instrument, then try recording yourself as you play aimlessly? sit on the recording for a bit, then go back and listen to it, trying to pick out some good ideas, then flesh those ideas out.

you're getting frustrated because you want to make a song RIGHT NOW when that's not how it works at all.

>come up with song titles
>forget what the song is supposed to be about

don't come up with bullshit 2deep track titles then

re arrange midi files in fl studio, then copy and paste the notes into new channels. load samples into these new samples.

merry christmas

It's moreso that I forgot explicit lyrics than the overall concept of the song.

lmao

just stop tripfagging already

honestly, i post this because too many people give up

I post in daily threads and forget to drop trip
is what I posted wrong in any way? let me know and I'll repost it without the trip

no it's far from wrong afaik, I proceed pretty much like that. Just don't use your trip unless it's necessary, otherwise it defeats the purpose of imageboards. Good posts are enough to stand out

retitle the track if you have to

use your anger

I pretty much just exclusively post in threads where trips are "necessary" or at least warranted and just sometimes forget
whoops

i make music (im not a musician by the way) and this is the best solution here