That powerful ending scene where Army Dog watches a young Vietnamese girl die in his paws from poisoning via dropping...

>that powerful ending scene where Army Dog watches a young Vietnamese girl die in his paws from poisoning via dropping Agent Chocolate on a suspected Charlie stronghold.

Is it the greatest war film of all time?

>"All Cats and Pomeranians must fucking hang"

What did Sgt Barker mean by this?

>that scene when army dog sniffs and dryhumps the backside of a dead 5 year old vietnamese girl with her head blown off while sarabande is palying

>that scene where army dog tears off that little gook girl's leg and rips out her femur then forces her family to play fetch with it at gunpoint
I really wasn't prepared for that sort of content

you all are morons lol

>nigger cunt nigger cunt rude words

lmao what did le raimi mean by this xD

That scene where army dog holds private pupper in his arm, and whispers through tears that it's all going to be alright as private pupper screams in anguish, as he stares as the nubs where the grenade blew his legs off, and army dog contemplates shooting private to end his pain, but doesn't know if it's his right to end his life early, as whilst suffering is awful, army dog truly doesn't know if death is better

How was this allowed

>>>/reddit/

It's an amazing analysis on the horrors of war and the effect is has on not only the soliders but the innocent civilians caught up in it.

The flashback scene where army dog gets molested by his CO during boot camp tho could have been dropped, seemed to be there for shock value and nothing more

i like how army dog took private puppers under his wing and how they bonded over a bowl of kibbles n bits

It perfectly captured the idea of an unending cycle of cruelty. There were so many times Army Dog could have done what was right, just, and kind to end it, but he was too weak and flawed to do so. It wasn't until the end where someone he actually cares about is suffering that he grows past his own sins.

>that scene when army dog tells the fatally injured solider everything's gonna be ok before blowing his head off to put him out of his misery

why didnt army dog assasinate general meow zedong when he had the chance?

>that montage where Army Dog gets addicted to opium and bangs prostitutes left and right
>leaves two bastard puppers behind with their AIDS ridden mom
>ashamed of what he's become, in tears, AD starts strangling his wife that remained loyal all those years
>"it ain't me" starts playing
mfw

t. autist

t. reddit

Threads like these are why I come to /tv

Because, even though general meow was slaughtering his people, army dog knew that meow was all that was standing between Joseph Barkin and total regional hegemony

army dog still hears the screams of the starving kittens, and wonders if he did the right thing

Personally I was dissapointed by the war scenes. They aren't bad, but really after the first 10 minutes of cruelty and horror they become a bit boring. What really fucked me up however was the final part when the dog comes back home and finds himself unable to function in a normal society. I especially liked the scene where he and his wife try to have normal sex but he just beats her up and violently rapes her, only to break down in tears and apologise repeatedly. Really powerful stuff.

The molestation was a metaphor for how the government treats its soldiers. The power dynamics if u will

he was just saying it to get under corporal phomson's skin. In the end he winds up dying trying to save him, they were actually bros

that scene were O'rourke calls in a napalm strike on that civilian village just to watch gooks burn.
I know it was foreshadowed that he would snap but I still wasn't ready for that

>when the former wufftwaffe pilot turns to Army Dog and says the best part is the small moment of silence before the bombs hit the ground

>wufftwaffe

bump

>That scene where they have to visit Army Dog's owners and tell them that he really was a good boy to the very end, when he called that strike on his own position
I was crying like a bitch.

>that scene after he returns from the war and he gets called a good boy and he just silent with a 1000 yard stare

really powerful stuff