Is there any Gothic Metal that isn't over the top cheesy bullshit besides Type O Negative?

Is there any Gothic Metal that isn't over the top cheesy bullshit besides Type O Negative?

I'm not really into the genre, but I've always kind of liked Type O, and Lacuna Coil is pretty decent imo.

tool fear factory to some extent

i am interested into hearing someone more knowledgeable on the subject

>Type O-Negative
>not cheesy and over the top

I mean the fact type o negative is so different from virtually all other gothic metal is pretty solid evidence that it shouldn't be considered part of the genre

tiamat sound nothing like type o, and their best albums weren't really gothic metal, but that's all I've got for you

Dont ever use that smug fags face on this board again namefag

What gothic metal have you tried?
Dod you try PAradise Lost, Katatonia and My Dying Bride?

>tegan and sara fanboy calling something cheesy

At least I own that cheesiness and don't pretend that the band I like is above that.

to be fair it totally works in their favor a lot of the times (in a really great way) but yeah I agree I need bands that do this more interestingly

Not really lol. It's kinda like power metal where you really gotta embrace the cheese to get into it. Try these though

Novembre - Dreams D'Azur
My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours
Paradise Lost - Gothic
Acme - Sirrah
Woods of Ypres - Woods 5

oh and Anathema - The Silent Enigma

My dying bride are fantastic, a definite recommendation to anyone reading.

>implying Type O actually took themselves seriously outside of World Coming Down

Dog I never said they took themselves seriously, but they're definitely cheesy and over the top.

Man that's Peters asshole

Type O Negative is one of my all time favorite bands. I really don't think there is another one like them. Pity Peter Steele died.

>literally his asshole as the album cover
>not over the top

October Rust is essential autumn-core, World Coming Down is essential nighttimecore.

it's over the top when it comes to the band's sense of humor, but that's something that is totally unique to Type O. The over the top qualities, of which I'm referring to, are the ones that are shared among most other Gothic metal bands e.g. the doom and gloom aspects.