/hoc/

Other urls found in this thread:

oilersnation.com/2017/07/07/oilers-dont-win-without-a-finn/
youtube.com/watch?v=6EHcSdZdcLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

one day man

Leafs atleast have a 2x Stan Lee champ on their payroll.

He could have easily commanded 3.5-4 for a short term deal unless there is something we don't know about his many injuries.
No matter how rich you are, you don't leave 3 mils to the table. His knee must be pretty bad.

and that day was in the 1966-67 season

1nd

>34 year old finn who averages 50pts/82games and has never won a stan lee
>getting more than 2mil

Sure, 1million is a steal but hes a 3rd liner at best

*blocks your path

bille behind?

Clearly says Billebei No

Draisaitl is going to make 7-8M there's simply no room for Jussi at a larger cap hit.

Beliebe No

Billy beano

How many 50pts 3rd liners do you think the current league has?
He is a solid 2nd liner with some pretty special skills like winning face offs, leadership, great defensive game and versatility. That's a great utility player, not a basement salary player.

Jokinen - RNH - Puljujärvi is a solid third line

Im running out of my NHL money that I scammed so buy my merch

t. bille beino

I'm honestly guessing he must be completely shot. Why would the Panthers buy him out if this wasn't the case. Chiarelli simply hired him to look after Pulju, like he did with Barkov in Florida.

>your championship season will never get a commemorative Pez dispenser

He can kill penalties and is better than Pouliot so it's an upgrade even if he is Pulju babby sitter.

Iiro Pakarinen and Jere Salainen were splitting that duty last season.

he's still getting paid millions per year.

>tfw wongs

what went so wrong bros

He really wanted to mentor Pulju.

To much Loyalty to old yuro men. Didnt give their prospects enough experience. Theyll recover in a few years

introduction of the salary cap

oilersnation.com/2017/07/07/oilers-dont-win-without-a-finn/

>11 years after the salary cap was introduced

lol

based

if it hadnt been ratified the wongs streak would still be alive

What? How does a cap from 11 seasons ago effect their streak? The only reason they had the streak was good scouting, which has gone to shit

you dont need scouting when you can afford to pay for an all star team

>implying anyone but russians want to play in Detroit

Next youre gonna say the salary cap ruined Buffalo too

wtf I love oilers now

>/hoc/ threads in July
>No clip art yet

Why?

I got banned from every animal shelter in BC. Currently in Washington but I'm not sure how I'm going to cross the border with a trunk full of cats. Maybe I should kill my retarded chink-eyed gook mongrel self.

Geno is literally better than Ovechkin.

He has 200 fewer points, but has also played 200 fewer games.

He has a Conn Smythe and three cups. Ovechkin doesn't have a single cup.

Yup.

He is. Ovechkin doesn't score goals like this. He just sits at the top of the circle and waits for one-timers.

Also Malkin is the one carrying his team.

from the penalty box?

Fuckin love Malkin. Such an entertaining player.

youtube.com/watch?v=6EHcSdZdcLU

Check out this video.

What?

>that crosby dirty sanchez
every time

Goddamn, Geno

I'm an Oilers fan, and I wasn't even mad at this goal. What a steal, what a fucking shot. IIRC, this didn't win goal of the year, and it fucking should've.

>t. hockey fan since 2016

Are you fucking kidding me?
Go look what Ovi did ALONE in his first few seasons.
He was fucking unstopable with no help from his linemates.

>still waiting on SEA to get their shit together for Team 32

>R E G R E S S I O N
E
>G
R
>E
S
>S
I
>O
N

Is he Cell key material?

>mfw Jagr is still trying to milk a contract trough twitter.

Call it a career old man. Everyone saw your diminished skills are simply dragging people down.

>xheattle
You mean O M A H A

>muh veteran leadership
someone will fall for this meme definitely

I remember those days. That was back when Crosby vs. Ovi was still a rivalry and people wouldn't think you were crazy for saying Ovi.

But zero Stanley Cups...come on. I know it's a team sport and all, but he has had a stacked team since 2010.

>muh gol charts

Holy shit what a fucking faggot.
Ovi was better than anyone not named Gretzky for his first few seasons.

You owe everything to me and my countrymen
Thank me

He has not had a stacked team compared to Penguins and has always been good in the playoffs prior to the latest where he played injured.
People would have called you insane if you thought Crosby was anywhere near prime Ovi.

Pls no. I don't want to see any other Finn strapped with that boat anchor.

>Diminished skills

Go look at his stats the last 3 seasons faggot. He's still one of the best in the league.

2016 and 2009 were stacked teams

Jagr= barkov babby
McGaykid= puljubabby
Scheifele =lainebabby

I could go on forever

>le stand near the faceoff circle and ring out slapshots man

Then why can't he make it past the second round of the playoffs?

True. Mcmeme scored ONLY 48 points without pulju and 100 with pulju. Really makes you think doesn't it?

Go look at his stats without Barkov.
He is a fucking dinosaur and has no business being in any top6.
Simple eye test says, he is slow as fuck, can't score on open spots and sucks allround.

Yeah well now that we can take longevity and accomplishments into consideration, it's not crazy to consider Malkin the better player.

do the canucks then

winning a cup is a team victory
ove still has more individual hardware

I thought I read somewhere that the Oil have no interest in Jagr. They said he likes to slow the game down, and they don't want that.

Gretzky the Kurri babby
Laine the Pulju babby

No good Finn week lower themselves to playing in Vancouver.
Juolevi a bust

>People would have called you insane if you thought Crosby was anywhere near prime Ovi.
That's not true. The hype surrounding Crosby coming into the NHL and within his first couple years of being in the NHL was equal to, if not greater than that surrounding Ovechkin.

I assume when you say prime Ovi, you mean his first five years of the league. In those years, he put up 106, 92, 112, 110 and 109 points.

In Crosby's first five years, he put up 102, 120, 72 (only played 53 games), 103 and 109 points. During this time, he made it two Stanley Cups and one won. Prime Crosby was better.

Yes but when it matters...
>Ovi - 0.93 playoff PPG
>Geno - 1.05 playoff PPG

i thought u guys liked granlund

*won one

oops

>Prime Crosby was better.

Hockey experts and cold metal trophies disagree.

We like cock-mike, his brother is dull andlow meme potential.

the .013 difference totally makes or breaks the cup run.

>Zucker is a Granlundbabby
>flams haven't won at Honda center since miikka played for them
rmyt

Can you point me to articles and arguments by these "hockey experts?"

Cock-Mike Hell yeah! He has a brother?

The Hart and Lindsay voters.

>He has not had a stacked team compared to Penguins
Crosby put up 100+ points playing primarily on a line with Colby Armstrong and Ziggy Palffy.

>when he unfolds himself from his autismobile

>hockey experts

Gretzky and Lemieux have literally called Crosby the best player in the world right now. Not sure what they know about the sport though.

I recall many articles saying that Ovi was the more electrifying and exciting player, but Crosby (being a playmaking centre instead of a sniper winger) is who you would build a champion around. Three cups say they were correct.

Fair. Perhaps Ovechkin, for a short period of time was better than Crosby.

Now if we're talking about their whole careers, surely you don't think Ovechkin is better?

Ovi put up 100+ points playing with Tom fucking Poti and I don't even remember who.
What's your point?
We all know Crosby is better now but Ovi was better early in their careers.

Lemieux literally owns Crosby and Gretzky would call you the GOAT if you asked. Just admit your defeat and move on. It's fine.

Yeah. Kind of like how the Academy handing out the Oscar for Best Picture is literally irrelevant.

>Gretzky and Lemieux have literally called Crosby the best player in the world right now.

That doesn't mean that they know more than experts. Gretzky was horrible coach and I don't even know who this Lemieux guy is lmao.

>surely you don't think Ovechkin is better?

Ofcourse not. We've seen how things unfolded.

My dad took me to one of my first live NHL games during Poti's rookie year in Edmonton. We had first row seats, and he got absolutely pasted from behind right in front of us, and left a big smear of saliva down the glass.

Good times.

>What's your point?
The point is what I quoted you on in that comment, dumb finn.

POWER RANKING CENTERS

1. Sidney Crysby
2. Patricia Bergeron
3. Evgeni Malkin
4. Connor McSecondary
5. Mark Scheiffle
6. John Tavares
7. Johnathan Toews
8. Nicholas Backstrom
9. Claude Giroux
10. Ryan Kesler

POWER GAP
99999999999999999. Auston Matthews
100000000000000000. Jack Eichel

You cannot dispute this.

Let's rephrase this. Ovechkin had a better peak. Crosby has had a better prime. Crosby's whole career has basically been his prime. In that regard, he's probably the second or third greatest of all time. But that sounds like semantics. Whatever, don't know why I'm typing. Have a nice day.

>no barkov
What's up casual

Eichel and Matthews are better then toews and Kessler.. and this is undisputable

Top 3 should be Crosby, Malkin, McDavid. Bergeron is ok, but he doesn't put up points like McDavid, and McDavid was like top 4 in takeaways last year.