E-"""sports"""

>e-"""sports"""

Ah yes clicking a mouse is very athletic

ok

At least the asians now have a sport they are good at.

Why are Germans so good at discus?

Because we are Greeks.
I am Greek

Oh very good

They can have ping-pong but e-sports can never be a sport
Not because sports can't be purely mental otherwise chess wouldn't be one (white people are better at it btw since you need to plan things through and not just mechanically repeat an action but i digress) but simply because video games are a very criticizable thing

First off they are an entertainment product, made for money, and made for a young audience, video games may not even be a thing in 20 years. Running around a track and lifting things will ALWAYS be a thing we are sure of it.
Sports have defined rules that inscribe themselves in eternity but video games are a constantly-evolving new medium that can take many different forms.

You can also argue fairness and balance are very hard to judge, and they are constantly subject to manipulation from a private 3rd party.

Aesthetic too, i am sorry but it matters, most video games look like consumption products which will be outdated in 20 years. How do you want it to get inscribed in the eternal legacy of sports ? It looks stupid. Why don't we include board games then ?

Also video games are all different, i'd be almost okay if counter strike for example became a sport since it has proven to be a long-lived formula, never going to change, simple in essence, looks clean and not purely like a commercial product, has easily measured and analyzed rules, and so on.
But would you include any given game that claims it is sport ? I sure wouldn't, they are too volatile.

Tldr. Shorten it to half a sentence and I might read it

i said video games are shit

Oh okay I agree

Good post rly.

Chess is a sport

Depends on the definition of sport.

Some people and dictionaries define it solely as an athletic activity.

very good post lad

>if counter strike for example became a sport

What would this even mean? Arguing definitions is retarded.

That's actually a good post. 10/10

In games like counter-strike its almost exclusively about reaction time and "clkcking heads"
In other fps like quake (1v1 with item control and real wep variety) or TF2 (6v6 with heavy teamplay and area control) theres more thinking involved and movement mechanics, but those will never gain traction because normalfags stick to the simplest games

>video games may not even be a thing in 20 years
I don't see how this could ever happen.

The olympic commitee has defined chess as a sport

Spain won't even be a thing in 5 years friendo

That doesn't explain the original statement.

stop existing

And there's a huge number of sports not classified as such by the Olympic committee.

maybe we'll have vr or something then, people probably said the same about tv but it's less and less popular now

or society could collapse

t. Emu war loser

Yeah, it's not happening unless we devolve to middle ages or something.

If anything video games become more and more popular.

>golf
>athletic

VR would still have games.

Why so much hate my dudes? It's fun!

Overheard a guy in the bus ranting about how he hated that people says IT is the future and saying that IT guys just sit in their ass all day
Thats the same kind of people that are annoyed that eSports exist and havr viewers

but it's true they do sit on their ass all day, i had to do a formation for IT stuff once, it was so boring i thought i was going to kill myself

still more athletic than playing starcraft