So how many of you guys have given this album its fair dues?

So how many of you guys have given this album its fair dues?

I GOT TOMRROW COMMIN

listening to it now

WHATEVER WHATEVER WHATEVER I I I WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

best dg album for sure

What makes it better than The ((M

You mean niggas on the moon

I have, and I think it is one of their best ones, but a lot of the material on it makes it hard for me to muster up the same enthusiasm as for some of their other releases.

I think aspects of tracks like Big House, Government Plates, This is Violence make them really brilliant tracks, they sound amazing and the texture experimentation on here is fantastic. But, it still is hard for me to really get really into them. That said, Pillbox, Anne Bonny, Two Heavens, Birds, Im Overflow are easily some of their best material ever produced. I also think that as an album experience it is one of their better ones, the shorter songs work better with the whole.

I love it, but parts of it hold it back. I listen to this album more than any other in their discography with the only exception being niggas on the moon.

It's one of my favorite albums by The Death Grips.

They still haven't topped Whatever I Want and I don't think they ever will
Steroids came close though

It's like my 6th ranked song on GP alone. Why do people love that song so much? The intro is great but I find it grating.

This they peaked on this album

the different sections just work together perfectly imo, dont know how to explain it
also helps that they opened with it on their tour which was insane

I feel like I would love it if it was 3-4 minutes long. I love repetition, but this song doesn't commit to being repetitive at all, it just shifts between the two sections that it has and it ends up feeling really formulaic.

this. a million times better than jenny death, too. weird contrast for a x2LP

it's literally a 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

THIS

IS

VIOLENCE NOW

DOO-DOOT-DO-DOO-DOO

Honestly I think it's their third best album behind The Money Store and Exmilitary

this and notm are their best albums. gp is literally a drug album. The whole album is structured like a trip, probably a bad one. It starts off very cohesively, the first tracks have the typical DG structure (the beat on Pillbox hat is almost identical with the one on come up and get me) then slowly the structure dissolves and the music goes somewhere completely else. In the first tracks he references drugs all the time, pillbox hat is pretty much about a drug taking possession of a body ("pulils swell my entrance" "stretch you on like a latex mask",...), in Anne Bonny he says he's on some yellow pills. Afterwards the lyrics are just sentences repeating themselves, that's very reminiscent of the thought loops you get stuck in on psychedelics. Whatever I want is probably meant to symbolize ego death. Ride also dies in the video. Also two months before they dropped GP they posted this pic on their social media. Government Plates is not an album for everyone but it perfectly captures the feeling of being fucked up and confused at 3 in the morning.

NOTM

I am in accordance with this line of thought

I like how you can see cocaine or crushed up pill dust.