Why is this guy going to the HOF? He played 6 seasons, and 3 were Hall worthy...

Why is this guy going to the HOF? He played 6 seasons, and 3 were Hall worthy. Ricky Williams should get in by that same criteria.

Because the RB position is starting to dwindle in importance so all the shitty writers decided to be edgy and vote him in. The voters are contrarian nerds. I love Davis btw, didnt think he would get in though

Because TD was the GOAT during that span where he was healthy. He had the 2000 yard season, he put the Broncos on his back and took them to the Super Bowl, it certainly wasn't Elway's dinosaur ass.
TD was the best, period, and had been since he became the starter. But he got hurt and it ruined his career and it was prematurely ended.

Had he been healthy for a full career who knows what he would have done. Probably some Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith tier numbers.

>Had he been healthy for a full career who knows what he would have done.

But he didn't. He got hurt and had only 3 really great seasons. Not hall-worthy imo

So you're all for Sterling Sharpe making the Hall of Fame right? He put up great numbers before getting injured and when he got injured Favre hadn't won his MVPs yet.

Sterling belongs too, but he doesn't have the Bowls to back him up like Davis does.
Davis has two and one of those was literally all him.

Problem is Gale Sayers already paved the way for running back's to get in on really short careers

>these posts
>those tripcodes
Into the trash they go

Football is a team sport, who cares how many Super Bowls individuals have.

The Hall does.

Literal O-Line babby

Go look up the stats of Broncos RBs who came after him running behind his same line

Bradyfags

so chris johnson is a lock for HoF now?

>be Sup Forums
>shit on the 90s Bulls
>shit on Gale Sayers
Millennials stay the FUCK outta Chicago

Because Elway was a media darling, and TD literally ran a hole through the brick wall that Elway had been trying to climb for 15 years

Scheme babby, not line babby. Shanahan was doing it a decade later too.

Normally I'd agree, I think induction into the hall of fame is too loosely given in all sports, but Davis had two absolutely monster years and they won the title both years. Sure he was a product of a system, but he absolutely thrived in it.

I don't weigh titles heavily in football, but when you're that central and dominant on a team that goes back to back, you have to get in on that alone.

lol the buncos shouldn't have even sniffed the owl in either of those years, TD or other important players should have been gone but they literally cheated the salary cap to keep all of them. in no way should this guy be in the Hall, and the people who voted him in are faggots.

>mfw i agree with a tripfag
i feel gross saying this, but he's right.

People are forgetting the super bowls Davis has.

That's what sets him apart from others who were good for a stretch then fizzled out.

he had a million carries one year and it rekt his career so they gave him mvp and hof to make it up to him

and ricky did that shit in tougher situations. ricky shouldnt be in the HOF and terrell damn well should never have sniffed the HOF vote

Ricky smoked weed or he would be

Everyone

it feels more like they're letting him in on what he COULD have done instead of what he did, like Sayers waaay back in the day

TD is an easy HoFer.

Football is a team sport, again. Why are team achievements being considered for an individual achievement-based reward?

It is fucking disgusting that the hall has snubbed TO, at worst the 3rd greatest WR of all time, TWICE and this guy gets in with only having played 3 good seasons. Are they gonna induct every could-have-been great player now? This cheapens the Hall. TD doesn't deserve to be there, and every name inducted from now on and before means less because he has been put on equal ground with greats.

for once I agree with chuzuru

this. TO should be in ahead of terrell davis

TD was the best player in the NFL for those years.
3 years
2 Superbowls
5300 rushing yards, 49 rushing TDs
MVP, 2*OPOY, Superbowl MVP, 3*1st team all-pro.
You write the history of the NFL, and TD is a major part of the 90s story.
Clear Hall of Famer.

Running back is a position that is defined by longevity. It's cool if you can play at a Hall of Fame level for 3-4 years, go hang out with Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew

But do it for 8 or more years like Curtis Martin and Steven Jackson. Having 3 legendary years doesn't make you a Hall of Famer, and if that's the case, Tony Boselli should've been first ballot.

Terrell Davis getting in before Terrell Owens made the Hall of Fame a legitimate joke.

Pick ANY 3 years of Jerome Bettis or Curtis Martin's Hall of Fame careers (or Steven Jackson's) and they don't come close to comparing to that 3 year span of TD. I mean not even remotely close.

Hall of Fame should be about the very best players, not players that were borderline top 5 or 8 every season for a long time.

Give me one of those RBs for a game, I'm taking TD by a mile.
Give me one for a season, I'm taking TD by a mile.
Give me their career, I'd probably take TD.

Longevity in the NFL is great, but for the Hall of Fame give me the short-lived transcendent player every single time.

I'm still not over how the fucking FAGGOT choked in literally every big game. Steelers would have smacked the shit out of the Packers in that SB but no, Slash had to throw into double coverage every 2nd down and short instead of spamming the ball to Bettis. Terrell Davis was a flash in the pan who doesn't deserve HoF recognition because of a couple fluky SB wins due to other teams having choking faggot QB's.

3 great years is not enough to be considered a hall of fame career. The body of work is not there. He was mediocre to bad in the 3 other years of his career. He had a great peak but it takes more than peak to be a hall of famer. Terrible decision by the selection comitee, but that has been a trend for them lately

>Hall of Fame should be about the very best players, not players that were borderline top 5 or 8 every season for a long time.
Agree and disagree. HoF should be based on three criteria: best at your position, longevity, and changed how the game/your position is played in some aspect. A player should only be considered for the HoF if they meet at least two of those criteria. Davis wouldn't make it in IMO.

Bo Jackson should be in the HOF

>Give me their career, I'd probably take TD.

Alright Broncobro

So if Davis is in the HOF then Jamal Lewis is in the HOF. If Lewis gets in the HOF then you may as well let everyone in.

In all honesty the Broncos owed it to Elway because he carried the shitty team to three owls practically by himself.