What the hell happened on Twitter just now?

Was the #DumpStarWars tag an over reaction to the writers anti-trump tweets, or is there really a reshoot?

Need to know because I've already made plans to see the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

breakyourownnews.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you not see the watermark?

breakyourownnews.com/

I know, but the fact that so manny people believed this. Isn't break your own news we'll know already.

>but the fact that so manny people believed this.

People are retards that believe something first and think it's true rather than doing a bit of research

fake news is just as valid as real news now.

>TRUMP IS A NAZI
Clearly fake, they wrote 'Trump' not 'Drumpf'.

>infiltrate Disney HQ and steal a copy of Rogue One
>release it on the internet
>feminazi Disney Empire loses profit

Trump supporters are triggered by the tweets. Disney ordered the reshoots to improve the film.

lol why are trump supporters obsessed with films not having political messages? (as in ones they don't like)
literally the purpose of art is to send a message.

More like ordered reshoots where Forrest Whittacher looks like he has both eyes open

The Empire are Republicans, really in depth political commentary.
Plz go back.

Who gives a shit? Americans both conservative and liberal are too annoying pushing this political bullshit everywhere.

If you only pay attention to what writer or directors thinks about politics you're not going to enjoy anything since I doubt you'll find an artist that agrees 100% with what politics you believe.

Fucking Americans got it so easy if they can waste their time protesting about stupid and trivial things like about Starbucks hating Christmas or Hollywood movies not having enough blacks

Because that makes lazy and boring movies.
>Star Wars is art

Twitter fucking sucks.

Not using it will improve your life.

You can throw shit at a wall and call it art, so Star Wars is certainly art.

Mileage may vary.

You Trumptards need to get some thicker skin. One guy said some nonsense and you overreact to it. If you think a boycott is going to work, keep in mind that there was a boycott to The Force Awakens and it still made tons.

>you need to be a Trump supporter to not like racism directed at you

Fucking this. Twitter is only worth your time if you're famous and even then, you will be under more scrutiny than you'd ever want to be.

nobody talked about a tfa boycott
ghostbusters was an actual boycott

>you have to be a thin skinned baby to take what someone says on the internet seriously enough to boycott a film they had something to do with

Yeah fucking Drumpftards. There was a boycott against the new Ghostbusters and it still fucking ROCKED. Can't believe this idiotic Sup Forums infestation on Sup Forums

And the only people talking about this boycott are you guys. It'll fail spectacularly. The regular moviegoer doesn't give a shit about politics, just look at voter turn out for proof of that.

>the writer is not an important person in the creation of a film
>being upset about racism is thin skinned

Good one

I bet you say nigger on a regular basis.

Ghostbusters actually sucked really hard desu

Did you forget the short lived hashtag telling people not to see TFA because it had a black Stormtrooper, near it's premiere? Literally the same thing that's happening on Twitter right now in different words.

I really don't. You have any actual points or are you just going to throw around misplaced ad homs?

Their opinion is not the same as their writing. If you can't separate those two things, you're not going to enjoy much of anything.

Saying something bad about White Supremacy isn't the same as saying something bad about all of white people.

It sucked. At least Sup Forums is loyal to Sup Forums and not reddit because they are browsers of Sup Forums. I'm talking about old Sup Forums where we get off to pissing off normies.

He clarifies that it is the topic and the rationale behind his writing, keep defending racism though.

just cause you call something art doesn't make it art

This is applicable to all social media.

>Us oldfags, man. Remember when Sup Forums was REAL?

Fucking pathetic. I doubt you even saw Ghostbusters but I bet you know every hella fuckin epic meme about it.

Why can't people just make films without having to throw in their little political agendas?

I did, pirated that garbage. Waste of fucking time.
great bait user, luv u

The writer didn't randomly mention white supremacy. He mentioned it in the context of the large majority of whites voting for Trump. He's saying the majority of whites are evil bad guys.

Thanks for avoiding the other point I made. Not all white people are Nazis, just like how not all black people are thugs.

And that idea is reflected in the film.

So what part of this unreleased flick is racist and/or anti-white? Literally what the fuck are these people complaining about?

>boo hoo this writer doesn't like who I voted for, so I'm going to boycott their movie

honestly if Sup Forums just deleted any thread that started with a twitter screenshot or link the post quality here would double or triple overnight. It's never anything other than Z-tier celeb drama

not an argument.

If the tables were turned with a different race, no one would buy this excuse. He went out of his way to announce and clarify that it is about one race being malicious and being defeated by other races.

people need to pick their battles.

even if you think the new star wars movies are SJW propaganda (they are), by boycotting them publicly you're just going to look fucking retarded and out of touch with reality when they gross over a billion dollars. SJW's will come out of the woodwork talking about what a great victory for social justice this is that the manbabies were BTFO.

are you a white supremacist? If not, then no one was attacking you

Nothing. Sup Forums is full of whining children.

The writer announced that the Empire is an evil white supremacist organization, and that the rebels are a multi-racial group led by strong women

>At least Sup Forums is loyal to Sup Forums and not reddit because they are browsers of Sup Forums
there's so much crossover between Sup Forums and r/TheDonald it's basically like reading the same website. Sup Forums is basically Sup Forums now, a board that is simultaneously popular, attractive to newfags, and doesn't quite fit in with the Sup Forums culture

lol i got that reference

>Trump is a retard he shouldn't even be running, He's a joke. Clinton will crush him. There is no point fighting.

how did that turn out?

No and

>At least Sup Forums is loyal to Sup Forums and not reddit because they are browsers of Sup Forums

What does that even mean? Also nice subtle brag about "le old Sup Forums".

explain what is wrong with that

that is literally the polar opposite of the truth.

He went out of his way to make it a race thing, this wouldn't fly if literally any other race were put in that spot. No one would be debating whether it was racist.

fighting against star wars is a losing battle. TFA was SJW propaganda and it's the second biggest movie ever.

disney won.

You mean like the original trilogy? Funny how no one in the 80s complained about this.

>2016 Quip Wars with "punchy" dialogue explains plot to late 1970's sci-fi adventure film

that's because it's not about one race vs. another race, it's about oppressed minority vs. the establishment (yes Trump is the establishment whether you accept it or not).

It's the same thing as the X-men movies having the undercurrent of gay rights and accepting who you are in them. It's not pro-gay anti-straight, it's about muh oppressed minority

Not every white person is a white supremacist. Just because you happen to be one (you have to be with how booty blasted you are about this), doesn't mean every white person is. If he said that every white person is represented by the empire and that they are an organization of hate, I'd agree with you.

Best post in this thread, basically who gives a shit!

I don't understand how the empire are white supremacists. Aren't they HUMAN supremacists, both openly being xenophobic to alien species and allying/employing with them when it suits their goals?

>this movie expresses an opinion I disagree with REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I know this story's bullshit but people still seem to be taking it seriously, plus Sup Forumstards have been reading into this shit for months now anyway in order to make it out as some kind of wrongthink.

>second biggest movie ever

>that's because it's not about one race vs. another race

I'll take the writer's word for it and not your worthless drivel.

I'm not a white supremacist, I'm jewish. I'm just telling you that no one would ever let this shit fly if the races were swapped.

No one called the Empire a white supremacist organization in the trilogy.

it doesn't even express an opinion, it just has a casting decision that isn't Chris Hemsworth

>I'll take the writer's word for it and not your worthless drivel.
OK, the writers said it was anti white-supremacist not anti-white

>No one called the Empire a white supremacist organization in the trilogy.
no but they were well-known as human supremacists in the old canon

my bad it's actually the third.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

>OK, the writers said it was anti white-supremacist not anti-white

And for the 4th time, no one would ever let that fly with any other race put in its place.

Yeah they were human supremacists, it wasn't a race thing in the sense of human races.

So the nazi symbolism wasn't implied at all? Honestly kill yourself bud, Garett Edwards is just confirming what we've always known. There's a reason George never casted a black dude or a woman to be in the Empire

nigga there's a fake news anal flustering blowout and you fell for it

>And for the 4th time, no one would ever let that fly with any other race put in its place.
yes, because whites are the majority so it doesn't make sense to have them be something other than "the system"
if you want to be perpetually offended just start a tumblr already

There was only one non-white guy in the trilogy period. The Nazi equipment style was used because Lucas thought it looked inherently evil and he was right. He also took influence from American bomber planes. It's not my fault that you're ignorant and unintelligent, so don't get your panties too bunched up.

There was absolutely no need to bring race into it in any sense. You just keep excusing racism.

Because no one in Hollywood would make a film about black supremacists.

The Empire has always been Nazis in space. What are Nazis? White supremacists.

I do think that people need to keep their politics in their pockets and that includes people like you and me.

Just get over the fact that not everyone is happy with whom you voted for. How many people had a shit fit about Obama winning? This is essentially the same thing.

I didn't vote for Trump, but keep trying. They were just an empire, they had equipment reminiscent of American and Nazi WWII equipment for the aesthetics. I voted for Obama too. You have nothing but character attacks because you are useless.

you can't be fucking serious.
what do you think stormtrooper means?

Turns out white people live in America.

Then what are you bitching about? You aren't even in the group he's talking about.

The Nazis didn't exist in WW1 and the Weimar Republic was not a white supremacist nation. It's a good sounding term for soldiers as well.

Because stupid people irritate me and I like to pick them apart.

This post was good too. I think its time to just fucking get over it on all sides and accept that its December now, we should all just try to find the Christmas spirit. I mean Trump's entire cabinet is even picked there is literally no reason to care anymore until he gets confirmed as President or whatever thats called in January, then politics gets interesting again.

Its like we are all kids these days "wahh mom Billy got to whine about Trump, its not fairrrr, I want to be able to whine about Billy whining about Trump". Mommy and Daddy just want you kids to shut the fuck up and eat your candy already. lol

Then you should be spending a lifetime picking apart yourself. What a waste of a life you are.

>tfw haven't gone on twitter in 6 months

So predictable, you run out of arguments and then it's insults. Like a dog barking at something he can't figure out. You're weak.

I'd love to live in that fantasy world where you think winning an argument with a troll consists of a fulfilled life.

This isn't for fulfillment, it's for entertainment sometimes when I'm bored. You meant most if not all of what you said. This, isn't trolling. That's just some limp wristed pussy with bad arguments.

I agree!

''Tis the season then"

>keep in mind that there was a boycott to The Force Awakens
Was there? Do you have any real proof for this assertion whatsoever?

>You meant most if not all of what you said
Just because someone believes in something doesn't mean you can't use it to elicit a response from someone. I'm certainly not coming here to have intelligent discourse about how something a writer said hurt your feelings.

Google is your friend if you let it.

inb4 Trump goes on a twitter tirade against a fantasy space movie

He goes on tirades about any and every stupid thing he can. How the fuck will he function as a president if he can't let shit like twitter wars go?

>literally the purpose of art is to send a message
>not believing in l'art pour l'art

It takes like 5 seconds to shitpost, mate.

Have you seen the amount of shitposting he does?

Not as much as he used to.

>It's the we are literally Sup Forums edition of Sup Forums

Seriously though, I don't blame Sup Forums
Sup Forums would be much about "TV" if not for (((Hollywood))) and the liberal side of media keeping pushing hard on wherever trendy ideological they believe in right now.

And people complaining Synder when the other side is pulling this kind of shit?

It will be hilarious if it doesn't make a billion.

The president of America ladies and gents

>Star Wars
>Not making billions
Pick one.

>US government caused companies to leave the country and outsource their manufacturing in china to stay competitive in a global market
>trump points this out
>haha drumpf your products are made in china check mate!!