What did Sup Forums get for Christmas?

What did Sup Forums get for Christmas?

Other urls found in this thread:

hobbyexpress.com/f4u_corsair_pnp_1700mm_1044416_prd1.htm
bravewave.fangamer.com/products/sonic-adventure-official-soundtrack-signed-limited-edition-box-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>crosley

I actually wanted a Crosley, but this one's enough of an art piece I don't mind. I'm into tie dye hoppie stuff

What the fuck is that monstrosity OP Jesus Christ

>crosley
>art piece
I just gagged a little

My Mom got me a shitload of books and used LPs from the thrift store she volunteers at, and in that pile were first Canadian pressings of The Wall and Never Mind the Bollocks. I'm happy, esp. since she paid so little (like a buck a record). Cheers Sup Forums.

>LOVE

What an adorable baby

oh shi i got one of those too, but mine's just black

You two should form a suicide pact.

>Actually wanted a crosley
Oh boy

time to put it up on Ebay before you destroy your records

itt: Crosley superstitions and rumors

mfw getting a 6-in-1 music player

>Kathy's Savings
what

I stole the pic off google. but thats what i got.

oh ok, cool

nice keyboard

Some pedals, shirts, sweaters and the Gold Connections EP on vinyl. Pretty good year.

A damn stand-up piano, It being in my room stresses me out because I know one day I'll have to move it.

Nothing. I got nothing.

got some vinyls as well

gross

This is my girlfriend, and Tyreese was the photographer, he's such a nice friend to her

Barret - Syd Barrett (CD)

I just got a sweater.

I ordered this ten-disc box set of custom-pressed (financed by the musicians rather than the record label) country music recorded 1953-57 but it won't arrive until January.

>Impact driver
>Cordless drill
>Assorted bits to go with
>Candy
>Pencil sharpener for coloring
>Dairy Queen gift cards
>Subway gift cards

The only thing Sup Forums related I want is a McIntosh amp but nobody would ever give that as a Christmas or birthday gift

New acoustic, some company called Jasmine, never heard of it. Plays nicely
BOSS CS-3
EHX op amp Big Muff (fuzz wet dream)

try harder man

Fuckin hate my dad. Just wanted an ATLP-120 to play vinyls and he gets me this.WTF!!!!

Says son I think this would be a good restoration project for you get you to do something with your hands.

WTF??/ My generation doesn't do this kind of stuff. Repairing and fixing shit with tools. We're about the computer. Also this shit is old tech, even tho my tech ignorant dad says a Technics is better than the "Chinese made" AT. Says something about quartz locking and it will keep perfect 33.3 speed while he said the AT varies from 33 to 35. Sure. Old tech being better. Yeah right.

Shitty Xmas. Whatev

one day you'll get a bite user, one day

give it to me

I got this $50 record player on Christmas as a gift, I don't know if it's good or bad.

Not b8ing. For real. My dad always does this kind of stuff.

Last year wanted a drone and he got THIS for me. Says drones take no skill to fly.

hobbyexpress.com/f4u_corsair_pnp_1700mm_1044416_prd1.htm

Hes an engineer and has engineer tism.

>gets free thing
>complains
I wouldn't want to be your dad.

it's bad, but not really an issue if you're only playing dollar-bin records

you're a massive fucking faggot and should consider hanging yourself

I wanna clean that table up.

Old audio equipment is less prone to fucking up. Newer doesn't always meam better.

why do you talk like a boomer

I actually got the LP-120 for Crimbus this year. I heard it's a good beginner's table. Is this wrong?

Nothing wrong with the LP-120 at all really. You're good bro

Not him, but it's a solid turntable. For a modern TT, you can't go wrong at that price point.

It's decent, definitely the bare-minimum entry-level, unlike the AT-LP60

This might be my favorite post.

Anything that destroys records is good in my book. Maybe then you hipster faggots will get over your fad.

A meat smoker.

One year my stepmom bought me gift cards to Subway, Olive Garden, and Pizza Hut. All of those things are fucking terrible.

They don't eat vegetables in that household and I feel sick when I go there because they eat nothing but shit.

>muh hobby was appropriated by mean normies, maybe crosleys will make them quit it wah

More like you retards aren't old enough to remember why records went out of style in the first place, and now you think it's "cool."

Because CDs and digital files aren't "stylish" to begin with

So you're admitting you're an impressionable idiot.

You're the one saying they "went out of style"

Because cassettes and CDs were far better music storage formats, dumbass.

>cassettes
wew nevermind then

Cassettes were far more portable and provided comparable audio fidelity to records. The fact that you could easily listen to your music on the go was a huge upgrade over vinyl.

CDs provided portability as well as higher audio fidelity, more storage space, and had none of the physical limitations of vinyl.

Got some very nice stuff I'm super happy with. The pedals are amazing, so much fun and a great introduction into guitar effects.

9/10

>Cassettes were far more portable and provided comparable audio fidelity to records. The fact that you could easily listen to your music on the go was a huge upgrade over vinyl.
Well yes and no. Home-recorded cassettes could sound comparable to other superior hi-fi formats, but pre-recorded ones were mostly shit, due to high-speed recording, nth generation master tapes being used and all. And home-recorded were commonly recorded from, guess what, vinyl and CDs.
>CDs provided portability as well as higher audio fidelity, more storage space, and had none of the physical limitations of vinyl.
Sure. Too bad 90% of those are brickwalled and compressed as hell. At least with vinyl you pretty much require some amount of care in mastering (not that it stops from having shitty-mastered music in vinyl, but most of the time they're more dynamic than red book).
>portability
Just put your FLACs on your phone at this point.

Nice. Slow Riot was actually my very first vinyl purchase years ago.

>Too bad 90% of those are brickwalled and compressed as hell
That's not a fault of the format, that's the fault of retarded mixing engineers.

>At least with vinyl you pretty much require some amount of care in mastering
That doesn't make vinyl a superior format, because it objectively isn't.

i got 2 albums by helium, the dirt of luck and ends with and which is a bunch of b sides and stuff, it's really cool if you're into mary timony's stuff. also got a bottle of monkey shoulder and glenmorangie and some replacement ear pads for my grados. all stuff i wanted which was good (i got it all anyway)

Never said vinyl was the superior format.

I'm going to a local metal record store (Extreme Noise) with my mom within the next week or two where I will pick out a few records that will be considered my Christmas present, I'm excited.

>metal

sorry I already have ok computer and my loveless reissue should be shipping out in a couple weeks, I'm actually a closeted partrician

>rock

I also have the MGR ost and the sonic adventure 2 ost will be here soon so I have the best of all worlds!

I asked for one but my family thought I was joking.

>sonic adventure 2

You win.

I think my gf just bought it because she wanted ribs lmao

the box set of both game's osts signed by jun senoue was really cool but not worth $100 imo

bravewave.fangamer.com/products/sonic-adventure-official-soundtrack-signed-limited-edition-box-set

You fags jealous?

Fuck I miss my Zunes

Ayyy, I still have my gen1 zune. Fucker has the parts inside rattling, but still works fine. Man, fuck apple.

it's vinyl not vinyls you retards

I like how the photo is actually transparent

iPod Classic master race here

but....it damages records.

t. mr.crosley himself

does it have weighted keys?

Meet the residents record.

not buying into the vinyl-meme

Kek. Read your text and knew EXACTLY what your image was going to be.

Guys, I've had a Crosley for maybe 5 or 6 years, way before I knew about Sup Forums. Haven't really played much vinyl because I heard that Crosley damages them. What record player can I find that sounds good, won't damage records, and won't cost an arm and a penis?

NOTHING!

I got this nice ass speaker.
Costs around $200 new I believe so it wasn't cheap.
It is annoying having to use an app to play stuff on it.

But.
The sound quality/volume is fucking amazing.
Better than my $150 headphones even.

I also got a portable cassette player since I have like 100+ cassettes I haven't been able to use since I upgraded to a truck 2 years ago with a USB/cd player instead of a cassette one.

Picture is probably sideways but idgaf

i spent xmas alone

just like the last one

i didn't get shit

You have one of the worst turntables on the market, your records will be fucked after multiple plays

Just get whatever looks bulky and is from the 80s. Preferably Japan made.

i like you

Thanks senpai
Rbay

Bought myself an Akai mpk225 and a korg volca sample.
Got a stylophone gen x-1 gifted and amazon gift cards.

Pretty neat christmas desu.

YOU BREED

R8 my stuff

Based user

>obviously bait
>takes it

Post your budget and your local craigslist.