Best Produced Albums Ever

Lads, I got some new headphones for Christmas. What are the best produced albums of all time? What should I listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdykK-Pa-s
youtu.be/Eab_beh07HU
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5407471
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5496192
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-MSR7GM-SonicPro-High-Resolution-Headphones/dp/B00PEUBIKM
youtu.be/T5nBUqO2rVg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMO8aGRI0Mr2FcUgJbU2RgJpFCyML973Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck happened to this place? 5 years ago this thread would have had 20 replies of pic related.

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Soen - Tellurian

Clarence Clarity - No Now. Crazy shit, probably some of the most densely layered (yet extremely catchy) production I've ever heard

Bob Katz' honor roll

Tool - 10,000 Days

Metallica - Metallica

Karnivool - Sound Awake

something by Amon Tobin

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky

Random access memories
Daft punk

Deep Purple - Stormbringer

The album isn't amazing but the production/mastering is godly.
Honourable mentions include
>The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
>Tool - Lateralus
>Everything Everything - Get To Heaven
>Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy
There's more obviously but that's just what comes to mind (and what I've been bumping lately).

aja

Avey tare - down there (2010)

Rage Against the Machine were a bunch of talented dudes who made fucking awful music.

Unironically Cornelius's Fantasma

sonically overrated, only memorable thing is the intro

Trentemoller - The Last Resort

absolutely patrician

he tried so hard to make it bad it turned out good

true, point superior

any band mostly composed of audio engineers is ideal for testing out a new audio setup, but this album takes the cake

Dude recorded it with a damn headset or something, how on earth is it one of the best produced albums of all time?

got damn. the majority of these replies really shows Sup Forums's age. the correct answer is the steely dan discography

Anything Clarence Clarity is a goldmine if you love maximalist prod.

Um, try again sweetie. TMS is my favorite, but BP is extremely crisp and well-produced.

Too bad Master of Reality sounds like shit

Albums? Please. I'm afraid you've been hurled ears first into audiophile territory with that hardware. Go see what music CDs they have at your library. Discover a new genre or era of music.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdykK-Pa-s

That's just a piece I happen to like. I would also recommend the Ars Nova of the Rennaissance and that album Once by Nightwish. Some recordings will cost you an arm and a leg on vinyl, but you're no longer a music peasant. Lossy streaming simply won't do, those headphones deserve better.

This album and s/t have such a great sound. It's so simple and immediate, especially s/t, nothing on it feels over thought, which makes sense considering it was recorded in two days.

The production on all their albums is fucking beyond compare

By The Throat by Ben Frost
Kid A by Radiohead (or Sea Change by Beck)
Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus
Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective
Immunity by Jon Hopkins

underrated

Production is OK, but definitely not best over.

Not an album, but I'd highly recommend this gem. Think it's Brian Wilson's best work desu.

youtu.be/Eab_beh07HU

what is that set up?

Monolake - Cinemascope, anything
Biosphere - Cirque, anything
Ulrich Schnauss - Goodbye
Boards of Canada - Peel Session
Kraftwerk - Tour de France 2009 remaster
Teebee - Black Science Labs

file name

Orpheus with some tube amps it looks like. Not sure the amp model.

J Dilla donuts

production on this is not a strong point man

random access memories is like made especially for audiophiles

It's so weird

all 16bit masters... get out of this thread

paris france transit in 32/768 is good
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5407471
nadia cassini in 32/192 sounds really good too
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5496192

Yeah I don't actually know shit about audiophile listening, I just think that those records sound fantastic.

Perhaps you could enlighten me about the best technical qualities of a record / file format? Not being sarcastic

OP here, it's something I got when I googled "Most expensive headphones"

I'm using these: amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-MSR7GM-SonicPro-High-Resolution-Headphones/dp/B00PEUBIKM

Gridlock’s Pallid is how I check out any new speakers anywhere. That song is so cool on great systems.

I have a pair of those, my favorite albums on the MSR7s specifically:

Antlers - Hospice
Arca - Arca
Art Blakey - Night in Tunisia
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Steely Dan - Gaucho
Burial - Untrue

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is probably a bit overrated in my opinion and is toploaded, but it sounds fucking amazing for an album made in 1967. I always test new headphones with it.

>Steely Dan - Gaucho

classic album for people with treble cannons...

two headed boy is the best song on the album

Don't be absurd.

you gotta hear the bonus tracks in the 2016 remaster user...

love the dual mono mixing on this...

An audiophile is someone who spends thousands of dollars on stereo equipment and records to listen to live recordings of classical music and doesn't spend any damn money actually going to the symphony

yea, it would sound better on a higher quality pair of headphones, but the MSR7s aren't that bad. goucho sounds a hell of a lot better on MSR7s than M50s.

Seal's first two albums

>The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
laughing at you IRL

I've heard some people hate the production on here though

>Arca - Arca
fucking lol'd

Almost anything by NIN

This one perhaps?

Amon Tobin - ISAM

Not the greatest album ever but it's pristine as fuck

1st thing i listened to on my 598SEs
was like listening to a completely new album

the wall

This album was a surprise for me desu.

Lil Peep

Rain dogs desu

Listen to these people...

mate he said best produced albums. not over produced albums XD

Sorry old man

these

I never would have guessed Burial's Untrue is so well produced since a lot of it is samples from scratchy ass records.

>The album isn't amazing but the production/mastering is godly.
Truer words have seldom been spoken. Just needs to be a pressing from the original masters. The remastered releases compress the fuck out of the production.

>Rage Against the Machine were a bunch of talented dudes who made fucking awful music.
But still better than just about anything that was spawned from the whole rap metal thing they were instrumental in starting.

>But still better than just about anything that was spawned from the whole rap metal thing they were instrumental in starting.

Sure, but better than Limp Bizkit isn't hard.

Nah, he used a headset mic for s/t

Sennheiser Orpheus. It shipped as a headphones + tube amp setup.

This.

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

The original mastering.
This is one of those albums that just nailed the production and didn't need ANY tampering, but still got it. The 2004 remaster/remix is such a travesty...

t++ - wireless youtu.be/T5nBUqO2rVg

How exactly is Hand. Cannot. Erase. "over produced"? It has top notch production and performance, executed flawlessly.

That's what he meant, it's perfected to the point it loses the bite that a rock album is supposed to have

That Forrester Savell chap really knows what he's doing.
Can't wait for the new Skyharbor next year!

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMO8aGRI0Mr2FcUgJbU2RgJpFCyML973Q

Holy fuck this board has gone to shit. This thread isn't about your shitty taste, it's about albums that are produced and mastered well.

>Steely Dan - compelte discography
>Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
>Dr. Dre - 2001
>Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
>David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
>Michael Jackson - Off the Wall

Hi dad

Try harder. This has nothing to do with dad taste, it has everything to do with not being a dipshit that doesn't realize that digital mastering and the loudness wars in the 90's completely murdered hi-fi mastering and mp3s and iPod earbuds pissed on the grave.

Just so the baby can have his bottle:

>Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
>Daft Punk - Random Access Memories