Why do people pretend Judge Dredd is bad again?

You at least have to admit it's one of the best looking scifi movies ever.

Because it is. Watch Demolition Man instead.

>pretend
Nuepe. Was shitty af.

I like cheesy sci-fi movies as much as the next guy, but it was boring user.

It looks better than Dredd. Perfect actor and perfect costume.

they had to airbrush out stallone's nose on that poster.

Pure Kino

In what way? Please actually explain instead of using catty greentexting.

>shit this movie is popular I better find a less popular version to say is good to be accepted by my contrarian friends on my favorite anime site

Had one of the last great. awesome action movie villains that chewed scenery like a maniac and had fun doing it. Armand Assante stole this movie.

>dredd
>popular

its not even cult. its just stupid people praising a really bad movie.

Are you somehow implying that this Dredd somehow looks worse than the "just a cop with helmet" from the newest film?

Stallone was picture perfect. Movie was photographed well too.

New Dredd had no Schneider as a 90s chessy hollywoodian """""comic relief"""""

Biiiig improvement.

cheesy

Yep.

It's an ok movie. Stallone wanted to chew up to much face time instead of wear the costume. The entire time spent in the wastelands was a, uh, waste. Rob Schneider was not needed. It's fun but not as well written acted or directed than Dredd3D

This. Terrific over the top villain with great screen presence. I wish the actor received larger roles. He's terrific

Costume and set design as well as General art direction was far superior to Dredd3D

Still Dredd played it too straight. If there was to be a new Judge Dredd series it needs the scifi levity of the comics. Walter Wobot particularly would be a fan favorite.

I like how the judges are all pristine when the world is so fucked up and filthy.

Not him, but what is there to say about such a simple, predictable, and uninteresting action movie? It's just a simple 80s style action flick starring Dredd. You could have replaced him with Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme, Seagal, or any other 80s action hero and it would have remained the same movie. Dredd is interesting as a no-nonsense cop upholding the law with an iron fist. The last thing you should do with him is lock him up in some building with hardly anyone around to interact with. Instead, Dredd invites for a satirical examination of the law and law enforcement, which is completely absent from Dredd. On top of that, you don't give him a sidekick who keeps Dredd in check in the few situations he does come in contact with other people. I guess it didn't help the movie either that the premise was also done a year earlier in The Raid, but I'm not gonna hold that against the movie.

Cheesy 90's scifi > shitty Raid but without any of the shit that made Raid great

Also, Urban is fucking dreadful.

if you think Judge Dredd is a good movie there is something seriously wrong with your tastes

Is this GayKino?

Are you the same person who in every thread posts a few examples to prove how zany the Dredd comics were? Some stories were more serious, others were more silly. Just because the movie is more of the former doesn't make it a bad adaptation.

Also there is an obvious satirical slant to the film, if you didn't pick up on it you're retarded.

>there are still morons who think Dredd rips off The Raid
kill yourself

Rob Schneider

I just think Dredd was barren as a Judge Dredd movie. It was just Judge Dredd shooting up a bunch of normal shitskins. I'd like a tv show or new movie to better fit the franchise. Sorry you misinterpreted that as a slight against the 2012 movie.

No worries, it's just there have been so many threads where someone decries the lack of broad comedy in the movie as if that somehow makes it a bad Judge Dredd adaptation, and it gets under my skin a little

He's not me. Dredd is my favorite action movie. I know that will get me a lot of flack but I don't care.

It's a perfectly acceptable pick. It's Judge Dredd meets Die Hard, what's not to love about that?

wrong movie you dumb shithead

also those are all shitty points. Dredd was amazing and youre a dumb faggot

This is a great and accurate adaptation, I dunno why people dislike it. Design work across the board is fantastic. People that say it's not like the comics haven't read them.

I've read the comics and it's nothing like them. It's just Demolition Man 2