Brockhampton is the future

Brockhampton is the future

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CvyVdWA1ziU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

like the needledrop literally gave 3 of their albums a score a great score this shit is gonna be a fucking classic years from now

seems like pretty average pop music to me. just a natural evolution, nothing groundbreaking

dude he's gay lmao v progressive!

>"ye nigga i just sucked my nigga's dick"
>"i'm so gay"
>They're breathtaking, a gay hip-hop collective! How amazingly progressive?!
if the producer did his own shit it would be just as good. the lyrics and the flows are all mediocre/shit.

They are actually a boy band, for your big fat information...

>The absolute state of Sup Forums

only one of them is gay and raps about it

what about that small black guy with the blonde afro hair that sounds like he is rapping in swahili or some shit
thats the gayest nigga i've ever seen in my life

>I don't want to hear gay shit in my music!1!

Why is this such an overused complaint? Does Brockhampton make you question your sexuality? You don't have to stay in denial, just come out.

>Why is this such an overused complaint
because hip-hop to me is about feeling powerful. like you don't give a fuck about anybody else, fuck everyone else, i'm the fucking man.
its hard to feel that way when you're thinking about some little black boy sucking off some other black boy.

But Kevin rapping about being gay is exactly that: feeling powerful and not giving a fuck what anyone thinks, even you. In a way, it's the same feeling of power.

honestly not trying to be a dick but are you gay? i feel like if you like pussy you wouldn't even ask that question.

No I'm straight, but hearing a gay guy doesn't make me feel uncomfortable or anything. I'm not saying i feel powerful picturing a guy fucking another guy, but it's nice to see someone be unapologetic. That kind of "not give a fuck" attitude is what I look for in rap, like you said.

... but enjoying hip-hop for me comes from putting myself in the rapper's shoes, so-to-speak
by feeding off their energy, their don't-give-a-fuck energy, from what they're saying and their flow and the beat, etc.
how can you hear a guy rap about sucking dick and be like "fuck yeah bro, suck that dick" and enjoy the song? i just don't get it

I think "fuck yeah bro, suck that dick" because it's what he wants to do and he goes and does it, even if it makes other people unhappy. Even though I'm straight I can at least respect that. And I don't always put myself in their shoes. I've never lost a friend to drugs, but I can still empathize when someone is rapping about that.

>I think "fuck yeah bro, suck that dick" because it's what he wants to do and he goes and does it,
there is no way you're straight, you're LARPing right now
men sucking dick is an off-putting thought to me, i don't like to think about it, it turns me off, and its distracting as fuck in any music i listen to

you're homophobic, that's why

That sounds like a problem with you, not the music.

sure thing dudes
remember to reach around, its the holidays after all

Why does the thought of gay people make you uncomfortable, user?

it doesn't make me uncomfortable it just makes the music unenjoyable
you sound like an SJW right now

it's just weird that you can't enjoy music BECAUSE what they're singing/rapping about is gay. think about what it'd be like if someone said they don't like music with sad lyrics because it "sounds weak and makes them uncomfortable"

>"sounds weak and makes them uncomfortable"
honestly if the lyrics of a sad song were like "i'm really pathetic, i hate everything, i'm such a pussy and everything sucks" i would probably turn it off too. regardless of any beautiful melodies or orchestration.
some things just turn me off. just like if they were rapping about mutilating babies or farting in some dude's mouth. it makes the song unenjoyable to me because its... gross?

yeah I get it, but would you bet also grossed out if the lyrics were about eating pussy? it's also sex

although i've eaten pussy here and there (if shes cute), i don't really want that in the lyrics. there isn't really anything manly about eating pussy to be honest. thats kinda like rapping about buying your girl flowers. why would you rap about that shit? that doesn't make you cool

so you're comparing being gay and proudly rapping about it with... farting in some dude's mouth and mutilating babies? nice analogy you got here

all 3 of those things are gross to me, so yeah i'm comparing them

so you're comparing being gay and proudly rapping about it with... farting in some dude's mouth and mutilating babies? nice analogy you got here. if being gay is that gross to you, i'm sorry but you are homophobic

shit didn't mean the comments to be like that, anyway you get the point

>if being gay is that gross to you, i'm sorry but you are homophobic
no man i'm not scared of gay people... i have gay friends. shit one of my brothers is gay. but dudes sucking another dudes dick is gay. i also cringe when two dudes are kissing in a movie. its nasty to me. i don't understand how you can be straight and not understand that. or are you just uber progressive?

>but dudes sucking another dudes dick is gay.
is gross****

i dont get why you guys disagree with the needledrop so much...

damn this negga in the closet

HAS A GF YOU FUCKING CUNT

youtube.com/watch?v=CvyVdWA1ziU

I admit, the flow and lyricism ain't that great. But, their chemistry is S tier mate. Also, Kevin's the only one that's gay, and it's not really a selling point they use.

what review has ever praised them solely for being a "progressive" group

you guys just fucking think thags what people like them cause you only focus on 1/12 of them being gay

Gotta say most of their stuff is pretty underwhelming to me. There's definitely some good stuff in there but even then it sounds like what it is, a bunch of kids recording music in their bedroom together. I know that it's possible to produce quality music at home these days but honestly I don't think the production is THAT good. It's competent but most of their songs are pretty basic. Also, too much autotuned simplistic pop shit mixed in to each of the albums tracklists.

Because they're walking disease vectors. Their lifestyle is one of hedonism, drug abuse, and child molestation.
People aren't viscerally disgusted by gay people because they think it's icky, it's because they know the realities of "the lifestyle"

All three of those things are strongly linked

>i'm sorry but you are homophobic
Cool, and??
Why is this supposed to be a trump card and make people recoil and pretend to change their beliefs?

brockhampton is fucking amazing not gonna lie

If you can’t understand that “empowerment” has a different definition for different people then it means you’re autistic. If you listen to rap to “put yourself in their shoes” it means you’re an autistic cuckold.

ITT

Brockhampton? You can't be serious......

The Demo tape is pretty great and imo the consistency in their work isn't just coincidence at this point. I'm excited for what they'll bring next year.

I believe they are definitely targeting a demographic of artsy, hipster-ish teenagers because, as I said before, it seems specifically made to appeal to that audience. I know this because I spend a lot of time around people like this, I know what they like. Go on any BH members instagram account, it's all the same "lol I don't care at all, look I dyed my hair but at the same time my nonchalance is part of some overall extremely trendy post-ironic internet movement" thing. Like this kind of shit appeals DIRECTLY to pseudo-artsy edgy teenagers. I'm sure they care about what they're doing, obviously, because it is literally their livelihood. But the way their music seems to go directly for trends that are popular among a teenage demographic in 2017, literally hitting ALL THE MARKS without fail (hip-hop music because that's in the zeitgeist with teenagers right now, extremely trendy post-ironic twitter and instagram personas, checking all the boxes for correct slang and attitudes, progressive attitudes, long, vague music videos, themes of youthful love and having fun in the summer, the list just could continue forever) is undoubtedly pretty vapid.

I believe u suck cock boi

obvious underage sjw hipster bait band

please get off my Sup Forums

You need to leave Sup Forums and never come back.