is it "R Plus Seven" or "R + 7"?

its "avante garde"

If you think R+7 is avant-garde whatsoever then you avant garde a clue

I like Jim O'Rourke.

i enjoyed that

>R+7
>not avant-garde
imagine being this much of a contrarian retard

This thing is as avant-garde as Ashra's New Age of Earth, which is to say it isn't.

but it isn't. I love R+7, but it just isn't avant-garde. Maybe it would be if it was released like 40 years earlier, maybe. There's a reason some people describe OPN's music as "progressive electronic REVIVAL".

avant-gaurd

What’s the original then?

Berlin school, Manuel Göttsching, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Jean-Michel Jarre, Brian Eno, stuff on Obscure Music label, the list goes on and on...
and probably someone will bring up all those earlier composers like Stockhausen, but those are too deep for me

If only this sad excuse for a board discussed those electronic artists...

In what way are they anywhere near OPN. The only way they are similar is because they used electronic equipment you rockist fuck
Don’t pretend you know shit when you’re just parroting the same old rockist artists and grouping all electronic music as one. Are you gonna claim that avant garde rock from the 70’s isn’t avant garde because someone used an electric guitar in the 50’s?

Or claim that free jazz wasn’t avant garde since jazz existed before it

They do constantly. It’s the great modern ones they don’t because this board is only interested in looking at music from a rockist stance

Really? I didn't see any threads about German progressive electronic artists in a year. Shitposting about Stockhausen doesn't count.

>In what way are they anywhere near OPN
they're not, they're superior

>reading near to me in terms of quality
Stop treating art as a competition

youtube.com/watch?v=HYvCkfLjQFQ

In addition to

*to mean

This is similar. The other stuff is just someone with very basic Sup Forums standard understanding of music